+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/28 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by murphykat2008;3623023;
    Absolutely abhorrent behavior and very insulting to the people involved in this fiasco. Reality tv has hit a new low.
    Only Fleece can lower the bar the way he does. Can't stand any show that 'ghettoizes' any part of society.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

FORT Newbie

I have to say I have a mixed review. I didn't care for the kissing the first night and the weight on the screen. I am a bleeding heart type personallity I felt so bad for some of the ladies that have never dated. That is just sad to me. Most of my life I have been very thin always dated attractive men then married my husband of now 14 years. About 6 years ago I became ill and have been fighting this disease and will continue to fight it until the end. I have had to be on constant steroid treatment as one of lots of meds I take and I have gained over 100 lbls because of it. I can tell you from first hand experience of how different I am treated in the world as a now fat person. For example when I was thin I would have men falling over me to open a door or hold an elevator now they go in and it's like I am not even there and the door shuts and I have to open it myself. One thing that drives me crazy is people just assume your fat cause your lazy and you eat too much and look at you like you need to get off the couch and do something about your self. I empathize with these ladies and may watch a few more shows before I decide whether or not its a show for me.

I haven't gone through all the posts in this thread so I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I thought it was so crass to post the women's weight on the screen with their names. We certainly don't see that on shows with petite sized women. Being proud to be heavy is one thing, but posting the weight is another, if it were me on there I'd die of embarassment as I don't think that bit of information adds anything to who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Meda;3623490;
    I haven't gone through all the posts in this thread so I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I thought it was so crass to post the women's weight on the screen with their names. We certainly don't see that on shows with petite sized women. Being proud to be heavy is one thing, but posting the weight is another, if it were me on there I'd die of embarassment as I don't think that bit of information adds anything to who I am.
    Heh! It's been brought up here, it's been brought up in every site on the web discussing this show. I tried to get on FORT last night before I went to bed to post how appalled I was about that. Mike Fleiss remains the slimy, exploitative weasel he has always been.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

But that's supposedly the hook. That these women will endure any humiliation to find love. Viewers these days tend to like humiliation. Hence the new raft of game shows where people get thrown into swimming pools.

I think the concept fell flat, though. And the ratings were definitely in the FAIL category. There won't be a second season.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Okay I have to comment on this thread as I watched the show. I am another plus-sized woman (5'7" 230 size 20/22) who is heavily annoyed with the show and putting their weight on screen and the whiny, desperate sounding PIs. Although I am happily married now, I hovered around 185/90 before having children and I had no problems meeting or attracting men. Even now at the heaviest I have ever been, I still get doors held open for me and flirted with by men. I definitely think a lot of it is the way one carries oneself and their attitude. I know it's not always as easy as that, I have experienced a few comments but nothing truly bad and I don't let it get to me.

FORT Fan

My husband's first comment - "Do they really have to put their weights on the screen!?" Obviously he's in good company.

What bothered me most is that this is going to be a competition of who do viewers feel the sorriest for. Luke claims to be looking for a woman who is comfortable with her size, and that's not what they gave him. These women are mostly miserable. I'm not a small woman myself, and I'm not happy with my weight, but I don't blame all my problems in life on it either. And even worse, what is going to happen to each woman's self-esteem when she gets kicked off the show? It's certainly not going to help these women build confidence to feel like they were the least desirable even in a group of overweight women!

To the person who complained about clarifying "average" - average is not a weight. I actually would be "healthy" around the 140 you specified because I'm 5'6". But I could also be healthy at 125. And healthy weight varies with height, muscle tone, and frame size. It is true that the "average" woman in America is NOT a healthy weight, but overweight.

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

This show is ridiculous and I think Luke is a robot.

.. I LOVE IT.
    You've been Philiminated.

I started to watch the show last night and I had to stop after about 1/2 hour. I have been a little overweight, too small and now I am close to getting to where I want to be.

The whole time I have been any of the sizes I have had confidence. That is what make me sad is that no one seemed to be having fun except for the one who jumped in the pool.

Size doesn't matter to me but Luke had a personality of wet cardboard ! BORING ! How about if the ladies kick him out and just focus on having a good time for a month or two.

I think it is refreshing that everyone has been so honest on their posts about their size so I will mention that I am 5'6" and weigh 165 lbs. I fit comfortably into a size 16 but then I don't like my clothes too tight. I wear size 14 from Lane Bryant but I think they size their clothes to be generous.

I think that if the producers wanted to include their weight then they should of had a weight range say 150 to 200 on the screen and not have 177 lbs. They didn't have to be so specific.

Could someone who watched to show to the end tell me since he gave everyone a ring when he kicks them out does he take the ring back ?
    Last edited by FlyAKite; 07-29-2009 at 09:29 PM.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAKite;3623843;
    Could someone who watched to show to the end tell me since he gave everyone a ring when he kicks them out does he take the ring back ?
    LoL! Actually the women had to put their rings in a bowl and at the end he gave the rings back to the girls he wanted to stay. Along with a cheesy line "will you wear this ring?" Good grief that was corny!

Honestly i dont really like that whole ring business. Just seems a little weird...

How about if the ladies kick him out and just focus on having a good time for a month or two.
    Good LAWD you aren't kidding, how dull was that guy? I say just enjoy the free room/board and all the free alcohol!!
    Last edited by raisinthesun; 07-29-2009 at 09:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread