+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/28 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3622577;
    i don't get why people are annoyed, grantedi haven't watched the complete show just a few minutes

but i mean it's an exact clone of the bachelor... same pathetic lines coming out the limos, same corny music, same pathetic women (only larger)

so if you all can watch the bachelor and love it, what's the difference
    If they posted each wo/man's IQ on the screen during the confessionals and there were equally as many pity parties, I would detest the Bachelor/ette for exactly the same reasons.

And as a big (okay, ginormous) woman myself, I really don't get all the self-pity. Yes, there are many loud-mouthed, insensitive d-bags out there who won't hesitate to make their opinion of the portly known, but ya know, they are d-bags so their opinion isn't worth much. Self-pity and desperation probably does more to repel men than excess avoirdupois does. I know this as a big, Big, BIG woman with a wonderfully fit, active and happy husband of many years who loves me for me, and not for my ass.
    Last edited by Rattus; 07-29-2009 at 09:00 AM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3621566;
    I just came in here to say he annoys me...you all beat me to it. Could he be any more wooden? Maybe he should have practiced his lines.
    Wooden! Thats exactly the word i was looking for. I just hope he loosens up a bit as the show goes on.

I liked the girl that jumped in the pool! Its about friggin' time someone did something to livin' up that dull party. I say you go on with your bad self!

I decided to watch this show last night because I am also a "bigger" lady..What bothered me last night was him talking about all the food he likes to eat - I enjoy food myself, but once I almost hit 200lbs I realized I needed to change my eating habits fast and exercise, or I was going to kill myself very fast..I am not saying there is anything wrong with being heavy, I am saying there is something wrong with not taking care of your body.

FORT Newbie

I've been a lurker on Bach/ette boards forEVER but finally posting over here. Goodness, could they portray these women as any more desperate or needy? Can't they show them as intelligent, confident women instead of advancing stereotypes? My husband loves big women (and was really excited to watch this show). He was drawn to me not just because of my size but because I have a brain and use it! (He refers to me as "the perfect combination of boobs and brains".) My husband is 5'11" and weighs 165. He's always loved big women and there are plenty of men out there that do. How does this advance acceptance of size if they show women being emotional, needy trainwrecks? Grrrr. Just want to knock some sense into Fleiss!

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by dansgrl;3622783;
    I've been a lurker on Bach/ette boards forEVER but finally posting over here. Goodness, could they portray these women as any more desperate or needy? Can't they show them as intelligent, confident women instead of advancing stereotypes?
    Exactly! It gives off the wrong impression that all women who are over weight are just pathetic things that will fall in love with the first guy that looks at them.

Here's a link from Entertainment Weekly about last nite's show.

'More To Love' premiere: Dating show or poundsploitation? | EW.com

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3622345;
    Did that bother you MORE or LESS than the show silently mocking these ladies by constantly harping on them being "average real women", at what? I think they mostly seemed to be in the 190-220 pound range. I see this as mockery, because that ain't the "size 14"/140 to 150 pound range everyone ELSE seems to advertise as the actual real world "average".

The show does them no favors by introducing deliberate confusion between the concepts of obese, merely overweight, and whatever the hell "average" actually is.
    I weigh 188 and am a 12/14 (I am 5'6") . I will be a 6/8 at 150.

Just sayin

FORT Newbie

I just dont understand why they had to post the weight of these girls......is this the biggest loser gets a date? Dance Your Ass Off and fall in love? I have never seen weight on the screen on the bachelor/bachelorette. Absoultely abhorrent behavior and very insulting to the people involved in this fiasco. Reality tv has hit a new low.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shanny;3622997;
    I weigh 188 and am a 12/14 (I am 5'6") . I will be a 6/8 at 150.

Just sayin
    Yup. To be size 14 at 150 would be pretty unusual. I'm 5'7", and at 150 I wear large size 8s and 10s. Haven't been that for awhile though!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3622345;
    Did that bother you MORE or LESS than the show silently mocking these ladies by constantly harping on them being "average real women", at what? I think they mostly seemed to be in the 190-220 pound range. I see this as mockery, because that ain't the "size 14"/140 to 150 pound range everyone ELSE seems to advertise as the actual real world "average".

The show does them no favors by introducing deliberate confusion between the concepts of obese, merely overweight, and whatever the hell "average" actually is.
    Heh...I remember being taught to analyze stats. People often think "average" means "in the middle". The clothing size 14 could be considered as a middle-range clothing size - not small and not large. Taking into account that clothes are now made much larger than they used to be, then yeah, a 190-200 lb woman might be considered average. So...overweight is the new average.

Anway, I didn't much care for the show (but I haven't been able to sit through the last couple seasons of Bachelor and B'ette either). I thought displaying the womens' weight was tacky and insensitive. I also hate whiny self-pity - if you're insecure about your weight, then do something about it, otherwise for God's sake own it - and I hate it more when it's unwarranted, because all of the girls were quite attractive. The bachelor was reasonably good-looking and seemed nicer than his participation on such a show would warrant, and if I watch again it will be because I liked him.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

the bach girls are just as insecure and rediculous

there focus is just somewhere else other than their weight (well, i'm sure probably some of em think their fat ); hence the dyed straw hair and implants

they may have been on 1,000 dates, yet their goals of landing a man haven't been met

all these females suffer from the same problem, first FAIL is them thinking that all men have the same tastes and that if a man they may like rejects them that it's based solely on the physical appearance..whether it's weight or small boobs, etc

i mean even on the skinny version, the first thing that comes out of there mouths if another girl gets more attention it because "she's skinner than me"

*exits thread* talk of womens clothing sizing...

+ Reply to Thread