+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Greatest tattoo ever! DisneyFreeek's Avatar

Re: 7/28 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3629787;
    I THINK there were little tags on the rings (almost like the one showing the size at some stores) that had the girls names printed on them.It seemed like there was something hanging down that he was fiddling with while he held them (and it looked like he looked down at it before announcing each girl's name). BUT - it could just be that instead of buying nice rings, Fleiss cheaped out and bought tacky adjustable ones
    That would just be adding insult to injury, and then they got all excited about the rings too lol.
    "Mike Boogie is a D@$&#*bag" Janelle Pierzina BB14. Love you Janie!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3626770;
    I actually thought he was both good looking and charming. I totally dug him because he's not only cute but he seems to have a lot of confidence in himself without being full of himself. That was my first impression anyway.
    I totally agree with you, stacerace! I will have to give it a bit of time to evaluate, but he seemed like a nice guy. I personally like a bigger guy.... and he seemed sweet. And, some of the women were sweet, too. I really liked a few of the gowns as well. Who knows with MF, but I hope this show doesn't turn out too cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70;3630273;
    I totally agree with you, stacerace! I will have to give it a bit of time to evaluate, but he seemed like a nice guy. I personally like a bigger guy.... and he seemed sweet. And, some of the women were sweet, too. I really liked a few of the gowns as well. Who knows with MF, but I hope this show doesn't turn out too cheesy.
    I would pick this guy ANY day over a certain, recently "engaged", karaoke loving bachelor from Chicago!
    "KBO" (Keep Buggering On) Winston Churchill

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What I got a kick out of on this show was that he preferred dark-haired women to the blondes. Isn't there only 1 blonde in the first group he chose to keep?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Carinadil;3630854;
    I would pick this guy ANY day over a certain, recently "engaged", karaoke loving bachelor from Chicago!

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by Carinadil;3630854;
    I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree!!!!

I don't have any problems with these "plus size" women looking for love on a tv show...and no Luke is not what we normally see when we think of the "bachelor" and he does seem a little wooden..but it was only the first episode and he may loosen up and he may be nervous but he seems much more genuine and really looking for love unlike some more recent bachelors we have seen on shows so I am willing to cut him some slack..

as for the women..speaking for myself...at different points in my life I have been from one end of the spectrum to another...never been smaller than a size 14 but have been from 14 to 28.....so I know some of what they are dealing with...but with me...as with all women I think that no matter what size we are we have body image issues....

I do have a problem with the "pity party" Fleiss seems to be throwing at the expense of these women...and I have to wonder with all the larger women in this country that have no issues at all with their confidence and are happy with themselves and have plenty of dates and don't have a problem finding a man why didn't Fleiss find some of these women..its like he scraped and scrounged until he found 20 women who didn't possess these beliefs in themselves so he could throw his pity party and I have to wonder how many of them would have actually signed up for this if they knew his real agenda

People talked about how larger people are ignored and talked nasty about..yea I have encounted that...but in the same way...I have men who open doors for me...just last night a man waited for me to walk across the parking lot to enter a store because he was opening the door for me...but I also live in the deep south and in regards to cerain things like these types of manners, I think we stress these more with men and boys here..

I have no problem with the show in general but I do have a problem with Fleiss and his agenda he doesn't want people to like these folks he wants them to feel sorry for them..and that is just wrong

and to Fleiss.....next time you do a bachelor show...why don't you put the height and weight of your usual size 2 girls on the screen and I promise you that they will be just as offend...no woman wants that flashed on the screen every time you see them..that was just low down and crass and showed no class at all on your part....I don't care if you are a size 0 or a size 30 that is just not something that should be put on the screen for all of America to see...I have seen you stoop low before Fleiss but you just crawled in the gutter with that one and I hope you get the Fleas you deserve
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

I can't stand The Bachelor and this show was exactly like it.

The absolute tackiest thing about the whole show was passing the rings out, then asking for them back! Could you imagine if they did this with the roses?!! "Turn in your rose now and if he decides to keep you, you can have the rose back."

I saw the premier last night and I'll have to watch it again to decide if I'm going to invest my time in it or not. I liked parts of it. However, I didn't like the whole ring thing and I thought it was downright tacky to show their weight. I'm not a large woman and wouldn't want my weight flashed for the world to see! It also made it seem like the show was all about weight, rather than finding love. The other thing I didn't like was all the crying. That was awful. I can see why they did if for the premier when they were introducing everyone, but they better not have it on the episode tonight or I'm done with it. I hope him and the woman he chose at the end are prepared to make a go of their relationship and make it in real life.

Carinadil, I spit my water on my computer when I read that! So true!

FORT Regular

Wrote this someplace else. They are not very forthcoming with the SC's on this show. I am having an immense dislike for Malissa (manipulative) and Lauren (trying to destroy others chances). Hope they leave soon. There only seems to be about 2 or 3 of these women who have confidence in themselves, Bonnie, Heather and Malissa. As far as the weights of these ladies, that was tacky, but I have to say, I don't believe that is their real weights. I am 5'4 and 170 and so is Malissa and I guarantee you, her top is much bigger than mine and so is her bottom, so I don't believe that weight is correct, even with the extra pounds that a camera adds. I find it hard to swallow that none of these ladies weighs more than 230.

+ Reply to Thread