+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Tali

Re: Tali

I finally saw an episode (the most current) on Hulu.

If Tali had a problem with Luke's religion, would she be there? If Luke had a problem with Tali's, would she be there? I doubt it...but that presumes both of them are, in fact, there to find a mate rather than to find national exposure.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3692188;
    Without having a clue what will happen on Tuesday's episode, I'm leaning more toward the F1 being Tali. I'm assuming most, if not all of us, also watch The Bachelor/ette. Tali's and Luke's clip from a bit back where she wandered away and they had the conversation about her coming in to this knowing he'd be dating others reminds me of Byron's TB season when Mary, his eventual F1, did something similar.
    Great catch. Although I would substitute the word similar with exact. Yes, very familiar storyline. Truth is, and I know we all see things differently, I can find no redeeming qualities (or very few) in Malissa and Mandy by their edit. I see numerous ones with Tali.

Tali has a :"love is not easy--can they overcome cultural bias? Can we all just be Politically Correct and get along? Can love conquer all?" as opposed to what little of substance we've seen from the other two.

Fleiss is a storyteller. She has the better story per the edit--therefore, I think she wins.
    Last edited by Romanticsucker; 09-06-2009 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticsucker;3692370;
    Great catch. Although I would substitute the word similar with exact. Yes, very familiar storyline. Truth is, and I know we all see things differently, I can find no redeeming qualities (or very few) in Malissa and Mandy by their edit. I see numerous ones with Tali.

Tali has a :"love is not easy--can they overcome cultural bias? Can we all just be Politically Correct and get along? Can love conquer all?" as opposed to what little of substance we've seen from the other two.

Fleiss is a storyteller. She has the better story per the edit--therefore, I think she wins.
    I don't mind Mandy so much, but can't picture myself having a conversation with her. I imagine Tali would have some pretty interesting stories. Luke? Not so much...

Yep. I'll lay my money on Tali. I don't have a great track record when it comes to Fleiss productions, though. They apparently can't hear me yelling at them through my TV as to who makes the best F1...
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

I like Tali the best of the three girls left. I think she matches best what he is looking for in a wife. Malissa does not appear to be domestic or maternal and Mandy is too clingy. Tali seems to be the most mature and grounded and would make him happy. Not to mention she is gorgeous.

FORT Fan

My Bet is on Tali for being Lukes choice.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3690072;
    thanks for the reminder. hopefully there will be NO more muslim dislike messages.
    Not that it really matters, I didnt see any muslim dislike messages. Obviously someone was wrong about Tali being a muslim, but the sentiment is the same either way. Most orthodox jews do not accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah. Just saying. But I have to say that the cultural differences would make a big difference to me. I would not marry someone who was not the same faith as me, but my faith is my top priority. Its not an issue of tolerance or not. If it works for others, then more power to them. It will be a decision that Luke will have to make whether or not it will be a problem for him. Obviously Tali has thought about it, and she is still in it, so I feel that Luke will be the one who says yes or no.

I will say that I have not seen much interaction between them, and what I have seen, there has not been any chemistry and think Tali and Luke would not be as compatible as Luke is with some of the other girls. I think the F1 will be Mandy, just because she seems the most enamored and meek.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticsucker;3692370;

Fleiss is a story teller I agree. As to who has the best story I'm not so sure.
    This show is very hard to figure out because it is only an hour and most of what we know comes from VO/PI's not just the dialogue. I only have the last three shows available to study but have spent hours this weekend (my bride is away with family for two weeks) reviewing them and taking notes.

Tali's story is extremely interesting but not particularly pertinent to the premise of the show. There are things happening that are similar to other Fleiss shows but this show seems quite different to me and I've seen them all even the Cougar (Yuk). I find Tali very attractive and interesting. She is not however part of the Mandy vs. Mal-lissa face off the last show indicated. I originally thought that would be the finale but am seeing that as this coming Tuesday which would put Tali in the F2. If Mandy is the other F2 it then would be a religion/culture face off in the finale. If it's Mal-lissa then it's physical vs. intellegence.

I'll post more later when the research is finished.
    Last edited by eowenc; 09-07-2009 at 08:01 AM.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3692408;
    I don't mind Mandy so much, but can't picture myself having a conversation with her. I imagine Tali would have some pretty interesting stories. Luke? Not so much...

Yep. I'll lay my money on Tali. I don't have a great track record when it comes to Fleiss productions, though. They apparently can't hear me yelling at them through my TV as to who makes the best F1...
    My track record is about 50/50, so I know how you feel. I was unspoiled till last bachlorette season. Figuring these things out is great fun. I should have found FoRT earlier. And the lead never listens to me when I YELL AT THEM also.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLee;3693015;
    Not that it really matters, I didnt see any muslim dislike messages. Obviously someone was wrong about Tali being a muslim, but the sentiment is the same either way. Most orthodox jews do not accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah. Just saying. But I have to say that the cultural differences would make a big difference to me. I would not marry someone who was not the same faith as me, but my faith is my top priority. Its not an issue of tolerance or not. If it works for others, then more power to them. It will be a decision that Luke will have to make whether or not it will be a problem for him. Obviously Tali has thought about it, and she is still in it, so I feel that Luke will be the one who says yes or no.

I will say that I have not seen much interaction between them, and what I have seen, there has not been any chemistry and think Tali and Luke would not be as compatible as Luke is with some of the other girls. I think the F1 will be Mandy, just because she seems the most enamored and meek.
    I agree but for different reasons that Mandy will be F1. More to come.
    So far Tali is more interesting and a better fit for me but not for Like IMO.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3693072;
    Fleiss is a story teller I agree. As to who has the best story I'm not so sure.
    This show is very hard to figure out because it is only an hour and most of what we know comes from VO/PI's not just the dialogue. I only have the last three shows available to study but have spent hours this weekend (my bride is away with family for two weeks) reviewing them and taking notes.

Tali's story is extremely interesting but not particularly pertinent to the premise of the show. There are things happening that are similar to other Fleiss shows but this show seems quite different to me and I've seen them all even the Cougar (Yuk). I find Tali very attractive and interesting. She is not however part of the Mandy vs. Mal-lissa face off the last show indicated. I originally thought that would be the finale but am seeing that as this coming Tuesday which would put Tali in the F2. If Mandy is the other F2 it then would be a religion/culture face off in the finale. If it's Mal-lissa then it's physical vs. intellegence.

I'll post more later when the research is finished.
    eowenc,
    I like your approach. Very analytical.
    This being a FOX show, I have non idea what is going to happen, which drives me insane. But I think your scenarios are most plausible.
    Luke likes Mandy which is a wild card - especially since her edit has been so pathetic.
    I'm not kidding when I say that I believe Mal-issa will last only until Luke has exhausted himself in the Fantasy Suite with the 4 of them (Luke, Mal, and the freakishly large twins).
    Who really knows what Tali is like in real life but on screen that girl is beautiful and intelligent. I can't fathom the madness of "hiding" her all this time to just spring her as the F1, but then I don't sell used cars, support dogfighting as a legit sport, smoke crack, steal social security checks from the elderly, drive a tow truck, or work with Mike Fleiss.

+ Reply to Thread