+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Tali

old cow

Re: Tali

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3687642;
    On another thread there's a theory that the finale will be between Mandy and Tali. Some say Malissa has been set up as "viewer favorite" which may mean F3 edit as Fleiss has done so many times before (Bettina, Reid, etc.). Like all the other series, it's already over and all our speculating, even as much fun as it is, will not change a thing.
    Malissa as a viewer fav.?! Not hardly. She's ok i guess but i dont think she's winning any hearts over.

You are so right about the 2nd bolded statement. As far as we know the relationship between whomever Luke did choose could already be over. Ive read that on these types of dating shows the happy couple cant be seen together or talk to each other after the show is filmed in fears of spoilers leaking out (or something like that) so that usually puts a strain on the relationship.

FORT Regular

Just some random thoughts/observations. I found it interesting that Tali apparently lives with or is closest with the Aunt in Colorado who married out of their faith. I believe that Tali moved from her native land and away from her orthodox parents *maybe* because she's a bit more open minded and not tied to the orthodox practices? Interesting, too, that when asked by the Aunt what she would do if rejected by Luke, Tali replied something to the effect that she would lean on the Aunt, as she's doen in the past. What is Tali's relationship with her folks? Is the Aunt more of the Mom figure for her? Now, whether Luke is able to put the Uncle's remarks about the 'cultural challenges' into perspective, only time will tell. Seems like the edit wants us to think Melissa and Mandy are the final two standing....And, whatever works for Luke and his chosen, I hope it works. I just find Tali's background/life the most intersting of all the women and that is what has kept me watching the show.

FORT Fogey

It is a misconception that all Israeli Jews are Orthodox, keep kosher, etc. While it is the official policy of the Israeli government, there are many Jews in Israel who are Reform or Conservative,and do not follow the strict tenets of orthodoxy.

Tali, having moved to the US, may have different practices. It's also true that there is a lot of intermarriage in this country, and most couples decide before marriage about religious differences and the raising of children. I don't think it is as much of an impediment to a relationship as many believe.

I know this is slightly OT, but it happens every day....

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3687737;
    It is a misconception that all Israeli Jews are Orthodox, keep kosher, etc. While it is the official policy of the Israeli government, there are many Jews in Israel who are Reform or Conservative,and do not follow the strict tenets of orthodoxy.

Tali, having moved to the US, may have different practices. It's also true that there is a lot of intermarriage in this country, and most couples decide before marriage about religious differences and the raising of children. I don't think it is as much of an impediment to a relationship as many believe.

I know this is slightly OT, but it happens every day....

Seemed to me that Tali moving to the US to live says that she doesn't have a problem with Luke being from a different religion. However, this show does edit things to make people see what they want us to see and not what's actually going on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3688273;
    Seemed to me that Tali moving to the US to live says that she doesn't have a problem with Luke being from a different religion. However, this show does edit things to make people see what they want us to see and not what's actually going on.

If Tali wanted to practice her religion in the US, she would have no trouble doing so. Living here has nothing to do with her views and/or whether or not she would become involved with someone of a different faith.

However, must agree we are only being shown the "tip of the iceberg." So what else is new???

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Mickaylal;3686012;
    So you would want to raise kids with someone who has a totally different fundamental belief system than you? Not for me. Muslim and Christian historically have always been at odds. I would never encourage my kids to not believe in Christ. But hey thats just me. People can believe what they want, but for me personally, that is how I feel. Im not saying people who dont believe in Christ are not worth knowing. I just would not want to be married to someone who did not believe in him, nor do I know many Christians who would.
    i agree that more tolerance and acceptance of others will slowly lower the tension between people of various faiths, colors, sexuality...

has it yet been verified that tali is muslim?

fyi - only ONE THIRD of the world's population is christian.

FORT Fogey

It was verified a while back that Tali is not Muslim. She served in the Israeli Navy, and is Jewish.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3688991;
    It was verified a while back that Tali is not Muslim. She served in the Israeli Navy, and is Jewish.
    I kinda agree with the OP about the christian thing. I have been married to a non christian, and its a very bad situation. I am now married to a man of the same faith as I am and its wonderful. My advice would be to stay in ones faith for a spouse. JMO

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by wings0nline;3685050;
    I'm Catholic and I've been married [with children] to a Jewish man for over 35 years. We've never had ANY problems pertaining to our differing religious beliefs. Nor have our children. We are tolerant and respectful.

Perhaps maturity has something to do with our life-style .... as we both are now past the Medicare age. We are both well educated, have all of our teeth and weigh no where close to these very young, fat, individuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3685169;
    Not all Christians are narrow-minded and intolerant.
    great posts!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3688991;
    thanks for the reminder. hopefully there will be NO more muslim dislike messages.

+ Reply to Thread