+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tali

Re: Tali

I read the article...I wonder how the cuts will go cause it says on Day 9 he took 6 to the spa ...then day 16 he is down to the final 4 which is only 7 days since the spa...so are those our final 6 or did they cut to 8 and he also had to individual dates ....
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3632482;
    I haven't watched the show, but I recall reading about Tali in an article about the show that I think you will find interesting. She comes up about page 2 and it's a bit spoilerish.

A bachelor looks for 'More to Love' - Los Angeles Times
    Great article - thanks ATEM

A few things that stuck out to me...
    - This whole thing only took 25 days? they must've been running on a
    seriously tight budget (I will go ahead and ASSUME this is all Ed's fault
    )
    - We'd been talking about the casting call in another thread. Now we know
    it for "curvy and voluptuous" women. Not "average sized".
    - Funny that the producer said no one has ever eaten a morsel of food on
    the bachelor. Funny, but not actually true - is it? I'm suddenly glad I can't
    go back through EVERY episode and see if they ACTUALLY EAT at all those
    HT dinners.
    - There are 20 producers on this thing? I see one obvious place they cut
    back on the budget right there.
    - It's interesting that they chose him knowing how "religious" he is. Wonder
    if he could serve as a trial run for Jake
    - Another note about this super sped-up timeline. There are only 2 weeks to
    the HTD's? CRAZY. Can you imagine a guy asking a girl's father for her
    hand after TWO WEEKS? yowza.
    - "I'm trying to figure out if it's her insecurities or her mother's insecurities
    for her," Conley says. That quote makes me think this guy may be pretty
    astute.
    - 12 weeks to create ONE EPISODE? (who among us doesn't think they could
    do better than ANY of the editors hired by the Fleisster?)

And one more thought: They're mention of "coaching" the star on how/what they should talk to specific women just 'clicked' with me. I don't think we EVER see the actual love story on these shows. It's all SOOO overproduced that I think only a 'behind the scenes' documentary of the making of one of these shows would ever show the actual love story occurring (when there is one). I think that when there is a real love story, it's probably a lot like falling in love at camp. You fall in love because you're in an entirely new experience, and you're both out of your element, learning how to zipline (or in this case, how to create a television show) at the same time. But the "learning" moments - like how hard you would laugh together when a bird flies right into the boom mike - never end up on the actual show. THOSE moments, however, create the love story. When you both get home you'll never say to each other - "hey remember that time we sat at a tiny round table and talked about whether or not you were ready to propose?" but you would talk about "hey remember that day with the crazy bird?" See what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3635390;
    Great article - thanks ATEM

A few things that stuck out to me...
    - This whole thing only took 25 days? they must've been running on a
    seriously tight budget (I will go ahead and ASSUME this is all Ed's fault
    )
    - We'd been talking about the casting call in another thread. Now we know
    it for "curvy and voluptuous" women. Not "average sized".
    - Funny that the producer said no one has ever eaten a morsel of food on
    the bachelor. Funny, but not actually true - is it? I'm suddenly glad I can't
    go back through EVERY episode and see if they ACTUALLY EAT at all those
    HT dinners.
    - There are 20 producers on this thing? I see one obvious place they cut
    back on the budget right there.
    - It's interesting that they chose him knowing how "religious" he is. Wonder
    if he could serve as a trial run for Jake
    - Another note about this super sped-up timeline. There are only 2 weeks to
    the HTD's? CRAZY. Can you imagine a guy asking a girl's father for her
    hand after TWO WEEKS? yowza.
    - "I'm trying to figure out if it's her insecurities or her mother's insecurities
    for her," Conley says. That quote makes me think this guy may be pretty
    astute.
    - 12 weeks to create ONE EPISODE? (who among us doesn't think they could
    do better than ANY of the editors hired by the Fleisster?)

And one more thought: They're mention of "coaching" the star on how/what they should talk to specific women just 'clicked' with me. I don't think we EVER see the actual love story on these shows. It's all SOOO overproduced that I think only a 'behind the scenes' documentary of the making of one of these shows would ever show the actual love story occurring (when there is one). I think that when there is a real love story, it's probably a lot like falling in love at camp. You fall in love because you're in an entirely new experience, and you're both out of your element, learning how to zipline (or in this case, how to create a television show) at the same time. But the "learning" moments - like how hard you would laugh together when a bird flies right into the boom mike - never end up on the actual show. THOSE moments, however, create the love story. When you both get home you'll never say to each other - "hey remember that time we sat at a tiny round table and talked about whether or not you were ready to propose?" but you would talk about "hey remember that day with the crazy bird?" See what I mean?
    You point out a lot of great things. I recall the article said it cost them only $1 million per episode. Do they really have more than 20 producers for The Bachelor/Bachelorette?! That's insane.

Yeah, they really don't fall in love per se. I mean, Alex (the first Bachelor) said basically what you said as to why he picked Amanda.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3624553;
    this girl is stunning - way hotter than he is
    smokin' hot!

If i remember correctly isnt she the girl Luke was talking to outside about him going on dates with other women? In the previews it gave off the impression that she was getting jealous of the attention he was showing other gals? IDK, cant really remember.

I wonder if religion will be an issue for these two.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3637168;
    I wonder if religion will be an issue for these two.
    What religion is he?

It doesn't state what faith he is. I imagine christian?.
    It's got to be love.

I'm surprised that Tali needs this show. Really, I think she better looking than some of the Bachelorettes on The Bachelor.

FORT Newbie

shes stunning, and she carries her weight really well! if she dresses the right way, u cant even tell shes overweight

Being from Israel Tali certainly must be of a different faith than Luke and I have to wonder no matter what Luke states whether this might be a factor. One thing I have noticed is that Luke seems to not do well or feel comfortable around very successful professional women; he seems to eliminate those who have high flying careers; maybe that does not fit with his idea of what he wants in a wife. And it might not bode well for Tali.

+ Reply to Thread