+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
Results 161 to 170 of 170

Thread: Tali

  1. #161
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Among the flowers
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Tali

    Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3759355;
    You're right Tin Frizzy. Could that have contributed to the breakup? Have we ever learned why that happened?

    I don't think anyone outside Luke and Tali's friends and family know why they broke up. It is truly none of our business; this is one couple that kept their relationship to themselves and they certainly were entitled. To me it is more sad because if they'd survived it would have been a wonderful example of how to overcome cultural differences. Just my own opinion.

  2. #162
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Among the flowers
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Tali

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3759383;
    Oooops, thank you!!! Don't know how I missed that, sorry for jumping in when I wasn't up to speed. Last thing I remember seeing was pics of Tali with Luke's aunt & cousins and a baby...where have I been? Thanks for the heads up! Off to read the screencaps & spoilers page.

    Hi, Cornholio -- missed seeing you around these "parts." Hope all is well. Do you post on Bachelor threads?? PM me if you want.

  3. #163
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Tali

    Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3759462;
    I don't think anyone outside Luke and Tali's friends and family know why they broke up. It is truly none of our business; this is one couple that kept their relationship to themselves and they certainly were entitled. To me it is more sad because if they'd survived it would have been a wonderful example of how to overcome cultural differences. Just my own opinion.
    We all agree with this Columbia. Even though it is none of our business I can't help but be curious. After all we had hours and hours invested in the show and their relationship on this board.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

    Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

  4. #164
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Among the flowers
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Tali

    Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3759716;
    We all agree with this Columbia. Even though it is none of our business I can't help but be curious. After all we had hours and hours invested in the show and their relationship on this board.
    Of course we are all curious. The question is, since their story was shown on TV, are they obligated to share the end of the story with the world? I don't think so, but that is just how I feel about it.

    OT -- hope you had a good Thanksgiving holiday. I'm staying off the Bach threads until the season starts. Happy Holidays.

  5. #165
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Tali

    Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3759462;
    I don't think anyone outside Luke and Tali's friends and family know why they broke up. It is truly none of our business; this is one couple that kept their relationship to themselves and they certainly were entitled. To me it is more sad because if they'd survived it would have been a wonderful example of how to overcome cultural differences. Just my own opinion.
    I also don't think there was enough interest in the show for the media to dog them. If the media cares, we know the details surface. It is pretty impossible to keep your lives private if Enquiring minds want to know.

  6. #166
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Among the flowers
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Tali

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3762141;
    I also don't think there was enough interest in the show for the media to dog them. If the media cares, we know the details surface. It is pretty impossible to keep your lives private if Enquiring minds want to know.
    You make a good point, shoepie. The enthusiasm on FORT was super, but we are such a small portion of the population. On the other hand, I would rather leave them to their privacy than be subject to the controversy stirred up by Jillian and Ed from Bachelorette 5. Most of it is on another board, but it is sickening to read. It just goes on and on and on.......

  7. #167
    old cow
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: Tali

    Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3759716;
    We all agree with this Columbia. Even though it is none of our business I can't help but be curious. After all we had hours and hours invested in the show and their relationship on this board.
    Ha! And hours, and hours, and hours invested in this crazy show...we demand answers; we want juicy gossip! Ha of course im joking. Meh, who knows why they broke up. What i am still a little bummed out is by the lack of info on the ladies of the show. What happened to sweet, pretty Mandy? Stunningly beautiful Anna? Spunky, fun Heather? Miserable ole' bitty Laura? Hateful Malissa?

    Oh well.....

    eowence, Columbia!! What up!? I havent heard from you guys in forever! Where's Tin Frizzy? Where are all my friends?!

  8. #168
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Tali

    Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3764293;
    Ha! And hours, and hours, and hours invested in this crazy show...we demand answers; we want juicy gossip! Ha of course im joking. Meh, who knows why they broke up. What i am still a little bummed out is by the lack of info on the ladies of the show. What happened to sweet, pretty Mandy? Stunningly beautiful Anna? Spunky, fun Heather? Miserable ole' bitty Laura? Hateful Malissa?

    Oh well.....

    eowence, Columbia!! What up!? I havent heard from you guys in forever! Where's Tin Frizzy? Where are all my friends?!
    You know I really do want to know about Mandy! All the other women too.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

    Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

  9. #169
    FORT Regular jacee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    the dome
    Posts
    75

    Re: Tali

    Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3764293;
    Ha! And hours, and hours, and hours invested in this crazy show...we demand answers; we want juicy gossip! Ha of course im joking. Meh, who knows why they broke up. What i am still a little bummed out is by the lack of info on the ladies of the show. What happened to sweet, pretty Mandy? Stunningly beautiful Anna? Spunky, fun Heather? Miserable ole' bitty Laura? Hateful Malissa?

    Oh well.....

    eowence, Columbia!! What up!? I havent heard from you guys in forever! Where's Tin Frizzy? Where are all my friends?!
    Hi MTL followers -
    SDL mentioned in a B14 post that he had asked his source about Tali and Luke's break-up, but gave no details, so I followed up with him and here is his pm to me:
    (he gave his ok for me to re-post for you all )
    "Hi Jacee,
    Thanks for the note. I was told that the Luke/Tali relationship was very short lived - like 2 months or less. Once the cameras stopped rolling, they discovered how little they had in common. Not religious differences so much as actual cultural differences: she is artistic and cosmopolitan, he is more of a small town regular guy. She broke it off but was very gracious about it, still very complimentary of him and his family, a class act. Both of them are nice people, and I thought the show "worked" on a very personal level, but it just wasn't a good long term fit."

  10. #170
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Tali

    Quote Originally Posted by jacee;3766055;
    Hi MTL followers -
    SDL mentioned in a B14 post that he had asked his source about Tali and Luke's break-up, but gave no details, so I followed up with him and here is his pm to me:
    (he gave his ok for me to re-post for you all )
    "Hi Jacee,
    Thanks for the note. I was told that the Luke/Tali relationship was very short lived - like 2 months or less. Once the cameras stopped rolling, they discovered how little they had in common. Not religious differences so much as actual cultural differences: she is artistic and cosmopolitan, he is more of a small town regular guy. She broke it off but was very gracious about it, still very complimentary of him and his family, a class act. Both of them are nice people, and I thought the show "worked" on a very personal level, but it just wasn't a good long term fit."
    Thank you jacee and sdl for your follow up and information. We MTL followers knew Tali and Luke were very different people but hoped they would find a way to make it work. The info you present really doesn't surprise me because most all of the contestants after these type of dating shows talk about how the show just introduces them and it is after they leave the bubble and get into the real world that they begin to really know each other. Most find that they are not a good fit and we must assume that's what happened. Luke and Tali were genuine people who we all grew to like. Neither will have trouble finding someone in the real world and the exposure of this show will only help them.

    Does anyone else think Luke should call Mandy? Just kidding!

    Go Mandy! ............
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

    Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.