+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Tali

Re: Tali

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3697103;
    I'm generally a lurker and haven't watched this show after the first few episodes. But one thing that struck me from what you said (and knowing this is a MF production), the last few seasons of TB/TBette, it seems the "good girl/boy" has typically ended up being F2, with the one with flaws being F1. I point to Ed/Kip, Melissa/Molly (assuming Molly really was always ultimate F1), and Jason/Jesse. That has really been the fact because of the retread issue that is now going on on those shows, and I don't know if there will be a second one of these shows. But I throw that out there FWIW.
    Since I'm the ultimate Molly fan, I have to take issue with your thinking she was somehow flawed. I can absolutely agree on the others. With your theory then Tali will be F2. It's just like Fleiss to make us all believe it will be Tali and then drop the bomb (as Mandy would say) and he chooses Mal-lissa. It would definitely feed into the next show being the heartbroken one that everyone loved coming back as one of Fleiss' retreads. I for one am tired of the retreads and would prefer fresh faces.

Have they announced the new Bachelor yet? If not it is about time they will.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3697128;
    Thanxs, yea truth be told ive never watched the Bachelor/Bachelorette. Honestly i was going by what ive seen on other "dating shows" like Rock of Love, Shot of Love, stuff like that. So yea your probably right
    raisinthesun we have to get you into the Bachelor. You'd be great fun commenting on that show. But you'd have to read about 40,000 posts to keep up. There are many more fans on the FoRT board for those shows.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3697684;
    raisinthesun we have to get you into the Bachelor. You'd be great fun commenting on that show. But you'd have to read about 40,000 posts to keep up. There are many more fans on the FoRT board for those shows.

I second the motion!! FORT is a hoot. I am all over the Bach FORT boards reading every word. There is a good class of people on here. The few "pills" whose posts were always negative have realized they're out of place and quietly disappeared.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3697810;
    I second the motion!! FORT is a hoot. I am all over the Bach FORT boards reading every word. There is a good class of people on here. The few "pills" whose posts were always negative have realized they're out of place and quietly disappeared.
    Well if you cool cats are gonna be on the bachelor board then i may just have to do that! Agreed, much fun hear and almost no mean spirited bickering. Just friendly ribbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3697810;
    I spent WAY too much time on the Bachelor/Bachelorette FORT boards the last few seasons (Particularly Jillian's and Jason's seasons)I loved the boards then.They got a little snarky in Jilly's season,but other than that it's sooo much fun.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3687580;
    Why do I get the feeling there is more going on between Tali and Luke than what we've been shown? Anyone have any ideas or comments?
    Yes, there is more that was not shown. There was a long article in the LA Times about the show written by a reporter who observed the show while filming. He described Luke meeting with Tali in the spa episode during which they had a long discussion about religion only, followed by a light makeout section. Neither of these were shown in the episode edit, only a couple seconds of him sitting on a bed talking to her.

It's uncertain if there was more that was not shown. A couple episodes back he asked her if she was interested in him and she said that even though they had not talked much, she listens to what the other girls say about him and has through that come to care for him.

Edit: I just realized that the LA Times article was already mentioned here, back on page 1 of this thread. I'd relink to it, but since I am new, I can't include links. I didn't remember it clearly though, rereading, it says it was a short discussion on religion.
    Last edited by ChetAnderson; 09-11-2009 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChetAnderson;3698035;
    Yes, there is more that was not shown. There was a long article in the LA Times about the show written by a reporter who observed the show while filming. He described Luke meeting with Tali in the spa episode during which they had a long discussion about religion only, followed by a light makeout section. Neither of these were shown in the episode edit, only a couple seconds of him sitting on a bed talking to her.

It's uncertain if there was more that was not shown. A couple episodes back he asked her if she was interested in him and she said that even though they had not talked much, she listens to what the other girls say about him and has through that come to care for him.

Edit: I just realized that the LA Times article was already mentioned here, back on page 1 of this thread. I'd relink to it, but since I am new, I can't include links. I didn't remember it clearly though, rereading, it says it was a short discussion on religion.
    Welcome ChetA. There was a lot of good information in the LA Times article. But be careful I based a lot of my prediction that Mandy would be F1 on that atricle and look where that got eowenc.

The links are in some of the first 3 pages of the ScreenCaps thread. If I remember correctly atem did that post.

I read the article and it implied that Tali and Luke could not keep their hands off of each other - even after the filming in the spa area had stopped, they continued the kissing in the hallway. Was the reporter telling us the ending? Was it that Luke and Tali had truly fallen in love ? Or was Luke strongly attracted to her and went with it ? It seems odd to me that Tali was not chosen for a one on one date before the episode in which Luke meets "the parents." When Tali says she hasn't been with him that much but is basing her liking of him on what the other girls are saying - that is strange to me too. The producers can cover up any amount of physical attraction - or serious conversations about religion if they want to. If Luke and Tali had gone on a one on one date - there would have been other topics to film during the course of the date. It is possible that he has fallen for Tali late in the game and that he is more and more feeling that Malissa is just in this for the win -- but then the time is even shorter for him to fall in love and propose. As I remember there wasn't any appearance on the first night of Tali - or was there ? I remember on the prom night - his friends talked with her - and she said she was from Israel. She did not participate in the slathering of the sun tan cream on Luke's body at the beach. She has had extremely little face time until the "meet the parents" episode. Has she fallen in love with who she thinks Luke is - it appears so. Would it not seem strange to her that Luke did not want to be with her more than he has been? Tali is lovely - don't get me wrong - but I think he likes the spontaneity, less inhibitive side of Malissa. I think Malissa is strong - perhaps because of her background - bringing up her sisters. He has spent a lot of time with Malissa - including wanting to kiss her on the first night with asking her what the spanish word for kiss was. She has been very comfortable with her size - it is what it is !

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3697654;
    Awwww thanks Columbia
    btw... I worked in Columbia for a while when I lived in DC... nice area!
    and yes... Go Tali!!!

You're welcome, Marlena. Columbia grows by leaps and bounds, and is still rife with non partisan politics.....if you were here a long time ago, you'd never recognize it.

Wow ! Malissa has 5 pages of replies and Miss Tali has 12 !! Interesting.

Tali sure is a stunner looks-wise and I really like her. She's fallen for Luke and I hope they end up together.
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain".

"Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate!"

+ Reply to Thread