+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Tali

Re: Tali

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3696717;
    Yay Romanticsucker is here. You should post more....

Yea i see that as well. The way things are edited together its a good girl vs. bad girl type of set up. But that seems to be a common theme in these types of shows. Now 90% of the time the "good girl" wins which is Tali so i guess is the "winner"..........i still hesitate to use the word winner; can you really consider a marriage proposal from Luke a win?
    I'm generally a lurker and haven't watched this show after the first few episodes. But one thing that struck me from what you said (and knowing this is a MF production), the last few seasons of TB/TBette, it seems the "good girl/boy" has typically ended up being F2, with the one with flaws being F1. I point to Ed/Kip, Melissa/Molly (assuming Molly really was always ultimate F1), and Jason/Jesse. That has really been the fact because of the retread issue that is now going on on those shows, and I don't know if there will be a second one of these shows. But I throw that out there FWIW.

FORT Fogey

If there is a second one of this show, it would most likely be next summer. Thus, I think the re-tread issue would be off the table. Too much time would have elapsed. At least, I hope so!! Just hope Luke is smart enough to see through Malissa's tactics. She just wants to "win." Tali is a lot more invested emotionally.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3697103;
    I'm generally a lurker and haven't watched this show after the first few episodes. But one thing that struck me from what you said (and knowing this is a MF production), the last few seasons of TB/TBette, it seems the "good girl/boy" has typically ended up being F2, with the one with flaws being F1. I point to Ed/Kip, Melissa/Molly (assuming Molly really was always ultimate F1), and Jason/Jesse. That has really been the fact because of the retread issue that is now going on on those shows, and I don't know if there will be a second one of these shows. But I throw that out there FWIW.
    Thanxs, yea truth be told ive never watched the Bachelor/Bachelorette. Honestly i was going by what ive seen on other "dating shows" like Rock of Love, Shot of Love, stuff like that. So yea your probably right

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3697106;
    If there is a second one of this show, it would most likely be next summer. Thus, I think the re-tread issue would be off the table. Too much time would have elapsed. At least, I hope so!! Just hope Luke is smart enough to see through Malissa's tactics. She just wants to "win." Tali is a lot more invested emotionally.
    Columbia, i agree with you and the other guys that have posted saying that Tali is the better choice for Luke.

I still don't know how they're gonna work thru the cultural differences and from what her Uncle Leo said it might be a tuff haul for Luke with her parents but yea if they truly love each other then i guess anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3697128;
    Thanxs, yea truth be told ive never watched the Bachelor/Bachelorette. Honestly i was going by what ive seen on other "dating shows" like Rock of Love, Shot of Love, stuff like that. So yea your probably right
    The Bachelor/ette franchise has been around longer & has laid the foundation. I have watched most of the other VH-1 dating shows (with the exception of New York, Flav, Daisy & R&C) b/c I can't get enough of the dating drama and all that. It is entertainment! (but if I don't like the lead person/s, I won't watch, so Entertainer can be added to my exception list).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3697130;
    Columbia, i agree with you and the other guys that have posted saying that Tali is the better choice for Luke.

I still don't know how they're gonna work thru the cultural differences and from what her Uncle Leo said it might be a tuff haul for Luke with her parents but yea if they truly love each other then i guess anything is possible.

Tali has obviously broken with her parents' traditions by moving to the United States alone, dating a Christian, and being on the show. If she chose to keep the traditions, she would have an arranged marriage -- yes that is still going on in a lot of the Orthodox community.

Working through the differences is for Tali and Luke, and although we have not been shown any of the discussion, surely this is something they have talked about. Obviously, Luke is not adverse to this concept, otherwise she'd have gone home a long time ago.

Love conquers all?? That remains to be seen....

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3697428;
    Tali has obviously broken with her parents' traditions by moving to the United States alone, dating a Christian, and being on the show. {snip}
    I agree. It may be her parents that would have such a big issue with the different cultures however seeing as how Tali has moved to the United States and chosen to be on a reality tv dating show designed to find a spouse, she can't view the 'cultural differences' as being insurmountable.

Uncle Leo might have faced certain challenges if his wife were very very attached to her family and accepting of the pressures to conform. They are of a different generation than Tali. No one... not even your own family... can make you feel pressured. They give their opinions -- sometimes repeatedly and vehemently -- but you choose to internalize their opinions and statements and feel pressured by them... or you don't

If Luke truly required a devout Christian woman as a wife, he would not have gone on the show. If Tali truly could not marry someone of a different culture, she would not have gone on the show.

At least that's my take on it

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

If Tali is F1 I hope they can make it work. She seems to be very "detached" from her Orthodox roots, maybe more of a reformed Jew (nothing wrong with that!) and if Luke & she get serious & ever have to meet the parents, there will probably be "tensions" but Luke & Tali are adults so they should probably be able to work through it, provided their relationship stands the test of time (not so much worried about them breaking up over cultural differences, I just believe Tali is too good for Luke, like others have said on here).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3697452;
    I agree. It may be her parents that would have such a big issue with the different cultures however seeing as how Tali has moved to the United States and chosen to be on a reality tv dating show designed to find a spouse, she can't view the 'cultural differences' as being insurmountable.

Uncle Leo might have faced certain challenges if his wife were very very attached to her family and accepting of the pressures to conform. They are of a different generation than Tali. No one... not even your own family... can make you feel pressured. They give their opinions -- sometimes repeatedly and vehemently -- but you choose to internalize their opinions and statements and feel pressured by them... or you don't

If Luke truly required a devout Christian woman as a wife, he would not have gone on the show. If Tali truly could not marry someone of a different culture, she would not have gone on the show.

At least that's my take on it

Thanks for writing this, Marlena. This is one of the best posts on the subject. Kind of "gels" all my thoughts that are spread out on various threads.

Go, Tali!!!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3697599;
    Thanks for writing this, Marlena. This is one of the best posts on the subject. Kind of "gels" all my thoughts that are spread out on various threads.

Go, Tali!!!
    Awwww thanks Columbia
    btw... I worked in Columbia for a while when I lived in DC... nice area!
    and yes... Go Tali!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread