+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Tali

FORT Fogey

Re: Tali

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3687737;
    It is a misconception that all Israeli Jews are Orthodox, keep kosher, etc. While it is the official policy of the Israeli government, there are many Jews in Israel who are Reform or Conservative,and do not follow the strict tenets of orthodoxy.

Tali, having moved to the US, may have different practices. It's also true that there is a lot of intermarriage in this country, and most couples decide before marriage about religious differences and the raising of children. I don't think it is as much of an impediment to a relationship as many believe.

I know this is slightly OT, but it happens every day....

Columbia, MD--hi.

I think the only reason that Orthodox Judaism came up was because Tali's uncle said that her parents are Orthodox.

He also said that he had been the target of a lot of pressure from them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3693080;
    My track record is about 50/50, so I know how you feel. I was unspoiled till last bachlorette season. Figuring these things out is great fun. I should have found FoRT earlier. And the lead never listens to me when I YELL AT THEM also.

Me too. Luke is STILL calling the women "girls" in spite of my loud protests about his doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3694038;
    Me too. Luke is STILL calling the women "girls" in spite of my loud protests about his doing that.
    ITA he should be called the 'boy' and see how he feels about that. I'm sure he thinks of himself as a man who should be looking for a woman not a girl!
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3693869;
    eowenc,
    I like your approach. Very analytical.
    This being a FOX show, I have non idea what is going to happen, which drives me insane. But I think your scenarios are most plausible.
    Luke likes Mandy which is a wild card - especially since her edit has been so pathetic.
    I'm not kidding when I say that I believe Mal-issa will last only until Luke has exhausted himself in the Fantasy Suite with the 4 of them (Luke, Mal, and the freakishly large twins).
    Who really knows what Tali is like in real life but on screen that girl is beautiful and intelligent. I can't fathom the madness of "hiding" her all this time to just spring her as the F1, but then I don't sell used cars, support dogfighting as a legit sport, smoke crack, steal social security checks from the elderly, drive a tow truck, or work with Mike Fleiss.
    Thanks, and I hope I'm not over analizing this show but my formula gets good results with TB and TB/ette.

You know sdl you could substitute Tali for Mal and maybe very for freakish in the above quote as well. Tali just doesn't SHOW THEM OFF ALL THE TIME like Mal-lissa does.
    Last edited by eowenc; 09-08-2009 at 04:46 PM.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

FORT Fogey

I thought Tali looked absolutely stunning on last night's episode, especially when she was dressed for dinner.
    Her dark and striking beauty are not to be discounted. IMHO, she is the total package, beautiful, intelligent, sophisticated, and compassionate.

I was so thrilled that he picked her to be in the F2, and that he picked her first. I had alluded elsewhere to the Mandy/Malissa tension being resolved last night, and I was tickled that I had called that one correctly.

And so it goes--Malissa vs. Tali.

Ok, my take, unsolicited though it may be.

I think so much can be said for the edit. It's what we're shown, not what was actually said or not.

We were shown:

Malissa--not wild about kids. Not sure to believe her. Her sister didn't.

Tali--I'm sure they spoke of it, but we were never shown it.

Little things like this point me to Tali. It's the choices of what they choose to show us. They could have withheld many of Malissa's more catty and questionable comments. Tali may have said the same things--we'll never know. But airing so much of Malissa's meanness, competitiveness and arrogance, makes me think the producer's don't want us to root for her.

That's almost always how I pick my f1 if caps or other info doesn't tell me first. I have a good record, but this is a different show than the Bach and the editing has been weird. I may be wrong yet. It will happen eventually. LOL.

Just my take.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticsucker;3696598;
    And so it goes--Malissa vs. Tali.

Ok, my take, unsolicited though it may be.

I think so much can be said for the edit. It's what we're shown, not what was actually said or not.

We were shown:

Malissa--not wild about kids. Not sure to believe her. Her sister didn't.

Tali--I'm sure they spoke of it, but we were never shown it.

Little things like this point me to Tali. It's the choices of what they choose to show us. They could have withheld many of Malissa's more catty and questionable comments. Tali may have said the same things--we'll never know. But airing so much of Malissa's meanness, competitiveness and arrogance, makes me think the producer's don't want us to root for her.That's almost always how I pick my f1 if caps or other info doesn't tell me first. I have a good record, but this is a different show than the Bach and the editing has been weird. I may be wrong yet. It will happen eventually. LOL.

Just my take.
    Yay Romanticsucker is here. You should post more....

Yea i see that as well. The way things are edited together its a good girl vs. bad girl type of set up. But that seems to be a common theme in these types of shows. Now 90% of the time the "good girl" wins which is Tali so i guess is the "winner"..........i still hesitate to use the word winner; can you really consider a marriage proposal from Luke a win?

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3696717;
    Yay Romanticsucker is here. You should post more....

Yea i see that as well. The way things are edited together its a good girl vs. bad girl type of set up. But that seems to be a common theme in these types of shows. Now 90% of the time the "good girl" wins which is Tali so i guess is the "winner"..........i still hesitate to use the word winner; can you really consider a marriage proposal from Luke a win?
    Bah ha ha. Not me. I hope the reason he's come off as such as wet blanket is due to the editing - for the F1's sake. I'm pretty sure the leering comes natural to him, though.

At least we only have a week to wait to see what happens.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

...i still hesitate to use the word winner; can you really consider a marriage proposal from Luke a win?

FORT Fogey

..........i still hesitate to use the word winner; can you really consider a marriage proposal from Luke a win?

As the old saying goes: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." We really have seen little of what Luke is like, other than his kindness and gentlemanly behavior. Maybe there is more to him.....who knows?

+ Reply to Thread