+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Melissa

addison h.

Re: Melissa

Another thing to add about Melissa and the constant weepiness - I may be projecting a little bit here but I just think I'm seeing something recognizable... As I said before I was a size 2 in college then a few traumatic events in life just... grabbed hold of me I guess... and I very quickly went all the way up to a 20. During that time I started seeing a therapist and the minute I sat down on her couch (yes there was an actual couch ) she would go "so how are you doing" and I would just. start. crying. Now as we all know even when you're going through a rough time, NOT EVERY DAY IS AWFUL. Sometimes I'd be having a really good day - until she asked we how I was and then BAM bring on the kleenex. I know my situation wasn't the same as Melissa's - and I'm not in the same situation now so it's almost hard to recall it exactly - but I think when you look like she looks - and it's obviously really affected her - you just feel so utterly invisible that when someone focuses on you it can be really overwhelming. I still feel that now sometimes at a size 6. So take away the couch - and add lights, cameras, crew, and 20 producers all focusing in on YOU and I just think it was overwhelming for her - hence ALL of the tears.

FORT Newbie

and she's only 21...girl needs to live a little

FORT Newbie

Way too emotionally immature to be ready for a serious relationship. I'm kind of tired of watching her cry.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3647379;
    Another thing to add about Melissa and the constant weepiness - I may be projecting a little bit here but I just think I'm seeing something recognizable... As I said before I was a size 2 in college then a few traumatic events in life just... grabbed hold of me I guess... and I very quickly went all the way up to a 20. During that time I started seeing a therapist and the minute I sat down on her couch (yes there was an actual couch ) she would go "so how are you doing" and I would just. start. crying. Now as we all know even when you're going through a rough time, NOT EVERY DAY IS AWFUL. Sometimes I'd be having a really good day - until she asked we how I was and then BAM bring on the kleenex. I know my situation wasn't the same as Melissa's - and I'm not in the same situation now so it's almost hard to recall it exactly - but I think when you look like she looks - and it's obviously really affected her - you just feel so utterly invisible that when someone focuses on you it can be really overwhelming. I still feel that now sometimes at a size 6. So take away the couch - and add lights, cameras, crew, and 20 producers all focusing in on YOU and I just think it was overwhelming for her - hence ALL of the tears.
    sorry to hear about your struggles

FORT Newbie

There is something about her that Luke seems to like though. She looked really pretty in the preview with her hair up. I wonder if she might be a dark horse.

I feel kind of bad for her that the other contestants says she'll make a bad wife and what she's been through with her social life. I believe the reason she was sent home is because she's very young and needs to develop more confidence and go out to mingle with other people then to just settle down.
    Last edited by Critical; 08-23-2009 at 07:34 PM.

FORT Fanatic

i hope that when melissa watches this on tv she will realized that the reason she was sent home was NOT because "she's the biggest one left", but because she is a very young, immature and VERY insecure 21 year old. i certainly wouldn't want her to be a role model for my children.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3676604;
    i hope that when melissa watches this on tv she will realized that the reason she was sent home was NOT because "she's the biggest one left", but because she is a very young, immature and VERY insecure 21 year old. i certainly wouldn't want her to be a role model for my children.
    Kristian is also immature and emotionallly unstable, always on cloud 9. She may be the next one to be sent home. People aren't perfect, but they can improve. The contestants on that show can learn more about themselves, to learn about their attitudes that needs to be corrected. Maybe Melissa can learn from that so that she can be a better person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12