+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mandy

Re: Mandy

Yeah I am glad for her to get the boot at F3, although I was totally shocked that he picked Mal-icious. Just thinking if Mandy was F2 it would have been harder for her (??)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue;3696284;
    Yeah I am glad for her to get the boot at F3, although I was totally shocked that he picked Mal-icious. Just thinking if Mandy was F2 it would have been harder for her (??)
    This goes along with my theory that Tali is F1 and he's already decided that. Malissa will deal better with rejection at F2 than Mandy. Mandy did pretty well with the rejection last night; F2 rejection would have meant a complete breakdown, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3696428;
    This goes along with my theory that Tali is F1 and he's already decided that. Malissa will deal better with rejection at F2 than Mandy. Mandy did pretty well with the rejection last night; F2 rejection would have meant a complete breakdown, IMHO.
    Columbia I think I am going to listen to whatever you say from now on.You seem to be right on way more than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3696428;
    ITA with your post here. And I've switched to Tali. The rejection theory about Mandy has a lot of credability but the part about Mal-lissa handling the rejection better would be true of Tali also. If he hasn't decided already that could be part of his thinking as well. But I agree now he has Tali at the front of his mind.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3696520;
    Columbia I think I am going to listen to whatever you say from now on.You seem to be right on way more than I am.

I could be dead wrong. It's just a theory.

FORT Newbie

What a huge mistake.

If F2 were Mandy & Heather, I'd have really been torn...Luke did these ladies a favor by letting them go!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue;3697491;
    If F2 were Mandy & Heather, I'd have really been torn...Luke did these ladies a favor by letting them go!

I find it amusing that regardless of which dating show it is, so many people say the participants (I hesitate to use the word contestants) who were let go are better off. Think back to the past season of the Bachelorette...
    and other Bach/ette shows before....

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue;3697491;
    I also would have been torn. Heather was very likable but it was obvious why he let her go. I'm still upset and struggling with why Mandy was not F2.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3697608;
    I find it amusing that regardless of which dating show it is, so many people say the participants (I hesitate to use the word contestants) who were let go are better off. Think back to the past season of the Bachelorette...
    and other Bach/ette shows before....
    Admittedly I'm not a big viewer of the dating shows... and not sure why I'm so invested in MTL but... I do love American Idol and feel the "winner" sometimes gets the worst end of things. They are stuck with the mandatory contract that goes along with "winning" and don't really get a choice of which direction to go. Whereas someone who is truly talented and gets to F3/F4 then voted off gets all of the exposure they really need and none of the mandatory commitments.

My feelings for MTL are along those lines... is getting the ring really "winning"? Totally depends on perspective. To Malissa, yes, that is winning. To another, more mature participant perhaps not. Perhaps after realizing how totally ludicrous this oh-i'm-in-love-and-choose-to-marry-you-after-speed-dating-for-three-weeks really is and being cut, in the back of another's mind she is thinking "Oh thank God I dodged that bullet".

I can see getting caught up in things and wanting to "win"... yup... can totally see that. And I can totally see after a bit of distance and perspective is added to the equation someone thinking "wow Luke, thanks for NOT choosing me"

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread