+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mandy

Re: Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3688264;
    Agree with both you guys and I also noticed that in last nite's ep. it seemed like the producers were trying to show a new feud/tension building that was building between Mandy and Malissa that, Im assuming, is gonna carry onto the final.
    That's why I thought they were setting up a Malissa vs. Mandy finale. Also did you note that in the previews for next week in a VO Luke actually admits he loves Mandy. That is he loves Mandy and her zest for life. Malissa is being set up as the supercompetitive F2 which we now see and Luke probably will figure out in the next two weeks. She is not a very pretty person on the inside.

We will learn in the next two weeks what a great person Mandy is and how Luke is so attracted to her. In a SC preview last week of this weeks episode we see Mandy on Luke's lap in the limo. We didn't see that on this weeks episode but TPTB need to give us hints that the physical part of their relationship is going well. Mandy also in previews of next week's show talks about how well things are going between them. That's a departure from her PI's of the past episodes.

Expect to see Mandy as F1 and you will not be disappointed. Trust me.

Go Mandy!
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3688417;
    That's why I thought they were setting up a Malissa vs. Mandy finale. Also did you note that in the previews for next week in a VO Luke actually admits he loves Mandy. That is he loves Mandy and her zest for life. Malissa is being set up as the supercompetitive F2 which we now see and Luke probably will figure out in the next two weeks. She is not a very pretty person on the inside.

We will learn in the next two weeks what a great person Mandy is and how Luke is so attracted to her. In a SC preview last week of this weeks episode we see Mandy on Luke's lap in the limo. We didn't see that on this weeks episode but TPTB need to give us hints that the physical part of their relationship is going well. Mandy also in previews of next week's show talks about how well things are going between them. That's a departure from her PI's of the past episodes.

Expect to see Mandy as F1 and you will not be disappointed. Trust me.Go Mandy!
    You could very well be correct in thinking Mandy is the F1 - but I find it odd that Luke never had a one on one with her prior to his meeting her parents - and he is going to propose to her ??? She has seemed emotionally fragile to me - not that I am surprised - I am sure it is tough if you really have feelings. I think Mandy has a competitive side to her too - so it will be interesting if Mandy and Malissa are the final two. Malissa has had a steady story with Luke so an engagement would be a little more acceptable - he seems to be attracted to her - and they seem to have fun together without drama. The not liking kids could all be a twisted scenario to throw us off. Tali - hard to say - she has gotten the perfect edit - but he has an easy way out with the cultural differences - all very understandable by the viewers. Tali did not have a one on one with Luke either - again making it hard for me to accept an engagement at the end of this. I know Fleiss is behind this so anything is possible. Fleiss has made it a complete mystery - because none of them really look like ideal candidates - nor does Luke really act like he is in love. The way Fleiss has presented this - it looks as if Mandy and Tali have let their imaginations/feelings get ahead of the actual situation - Mandy declaring he could be the one at the spa date - and Tali wondering about his feelings about the others when she had yet to have much individual time with Luke. I realize they could have had a lot of time privately - but we were not shown that and they admit that this last episode was the first time they had had one on one time. He apparently had a 10 hour date with Malissa - a long time to spend with someone you are not interested in - and it would seem that he has some say in which girl he wants to spend time with. I think Malissa makes the most sense - she may not be the F1 but logically she makes the most sense.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3688417;
    That's why I thought they were setting up a Malissa vs. Mandy finale. Also did you note that in the previews for next week in a VO Luke actually admits he loves Mandy. That is he loves Mandy and her zest for life.
    Did he say he loved Mandy specifically? I thought he said something like he loved her body or spirit or something like that. I cant really remember, I will rewatch the ep. online.

I find it odd that Luke never had a one on one with her prior to his meeting her parents - and he is going to propose to her ???
    I think Luke is physically attracted to Malissa but i dont think it goes beyond that. I agree with what eowenc said in a previous post that in the next week or so we will see more of how Mandy cares for Luke and he'll see Malissa for who she really is. Also yea i think Luke will propse to Mandy and from what we've seen so far from her she will probably say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3688665;
    I think Luke is physically attracted to Malissa but i dont think it goes beyond that. I agree with what eowenc said in a previous post that in the next week or so we will see more of how Mandy cares for Luke and he'll see Malissa for who she really is. Also yea i think Luke will propse to Mandy and from what we've seen so far from her she will probably say yes.
    But isn't it a bit odd that he never had one on one time with Mandy - and then the ups and the downs with her emotions - not a good edit. One would think that if he were going to propose that he would insist on some alone time - unless it it is jsut for entertainment - as we have heard before !

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3688672;
    But isn't it a bit odd that he never had one on one time with Mandy - and then the ups and the downs with her emotions - not a good edit. One would think that if he were going to propose that he would insist on some alone time - unless it it is jsut for entertainment - as we have heard before !
    Yea you make a good point! But i do think even though Luke & Mandy have only had 1 actual one-on-one date there is an attraction with them. Maybe Luke thought he had something with Malissa (hence all the dates) but after getting to know her AND her crazy brow sister maybe he'll change his mind...?

unless it it is jsut for entertainment - as we have heard before
    Gosh thats the truth! Im not saying Mandy is his one true love for life but out of the 3 remaining girls it kinda looks like she will be the one he picks, since he has to pick somebody.

old cow

then the ups and the downs with her emotions - not a good edit.
    Forgot to mention this but it doesnt really seem that Luke seems to mind Mandy's ups & downs. At least from the show it seems that way and i know thats odd because he always seems to be saying that he wants a woman who is confident yadda, yadda, yadda but i cant remember him saying that Mandy's insecurity bothers him.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3688687;
    Forgot to mention this but it doesnt really seem that Luke seems to mind Mandy's ups & downs. At least from the show it seems that way and i know thats odd because he always seems to be saying that he wants a woman who is confident yadda, yadda, yadda but i cant remember him saying that Mandy's insecurity bothers him.
    This tidbit from the LA Times article indicates that very thing:

"Are you concerned that her own mother felt the need to bring this up?" a producer asks.

"I'm trying to figure out if it's her insecurities or her mother's insecurities for her," Conley says.

"Doesn't that make you rethink what you're doing tonight?"

"I don't want to go into a monologue. I don't want to say too much," Conley replies.

"You have said you want a confident woman. That doesn't concern you?"

"I am concerned that [she] might need more attention than I originally anticipated."

"But you're not considering sending her home?"

"No," Conley says emphatically. "I just wish I could have more time with these four girls."

I would seem that Malissa is not the only one playing mind games on the set of More to Love. :nono

It is very odd but it follows to some extent recent MF shows. They don't start revealing the reason the F1 is F1 until the last few episodes. There is a huge amount of doubt before the abrupt change and it catches everyone in the regular audience a little off guard as they usually expect someone else as the winner. Remember that this show is produced for the regular audience not the few of us on this board. Until this episode most of the regular audience probably expected Malissa to be F1 as her edit had improved so much in the last episode and Heather was gone. Heather was the favorite before that.

It would not surprise me if we saw no more tears from Mandy until her happy tears at the final RC Ring Ceremony. Not saying that will happen just that it would not be a huge surprise. Remember her crying has been because of her problems watching and hearing about the man she sees herself with dating other women. Everyone else's tears have been about their weight. There is a big difference and Luke has from Episode 4 reassured her each step of the way and only this week has he said she may need more assurance than he expected and be a bit clingy. Thereby injecting just enough doubt to keep us guessing.

Go Mandy!
    Last edited by eowenc; 09-03-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Add: Go Mandy!

I think that Mandy's biggest problem this last episode was Malissa. It seemed to me that Malissa was trying to rattle Mandy so that she would get upset right before her big date. After the edit that Malissa got with her saying that she has to figure out what to do for the rest of the competition makes me think this even more. Mandy told her she didn't want to talk about it and Malissa keep on going. If this show was as truly catty as they tried to lead us to believe from the seasons previews then we would have seen Mandy smack Malissa for her non stop talking.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3689029;
    I think that Mandy's biggest problem this last episode was Malissa. It seemed to me that Malissa was trying to rattle Mandy so that she would get upset right before her big date. After the edit that Malissa got with her saying that she has to figure out what to do for the rest of the competition makes me think this even more. Mandy told her she didn't want to talk about it and Malissa keep on going. If this show was as truly catty as they tried to lead us to believe from the seasons previews then we would have seen Mandy smack Malissa for her non stop talking.
    Great observation! You can see how they are setting up a Malissa vs. Mandy finale. Someone said they thought it would be this week for the final spot in the F2 because they think Tali will be in the F2. That could happen but I think it would be more interesting to have it promoted one more week before the finale.

Go Mandy!

+ Reply to Thread