+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mandy

Re: Mandy

As I am watching parts of the last episode over again this morning I'm thinking how Mandy is having trouble dealing with the fact that her guy is afectionate with other women (hasn't she ever watched a dating show before?). The previews indicate that it becomes even more of a problem this week. Remember that TPTB may be editing out some of the good stuff with Mandy and Luke to cast doubt about the potential of their relationship.

If somehow Mandy can get thru this episode, and if this show follows the paterns of MF other dating shows tonights show is the last one Mandy will have to deal with seeing Luke with the other girls. Next is HTD's followed by FD's, etc.

Assuming Mandy's storyline is being jealous of the other girls then this episode we should see a lot of Luke and Mandy. That will be necessary if she is one of the F2 and IMO the probable F1.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Now after epesode 5 we know more about all the girls. How about Mandy's eating disorder? She was thin in high school like Luke but worked her problems out and is happy who she is now! That explains why she seems well proportioned. She and Luke now have one more thing in common.

She made it thru this week without so much of the water works. She exhibited control when catching Luke kissing another girl. We haven't seen enough of the serious discussion with this couple.

According to one of last week's preview SC's Mandy will have trouble with one of the other girls and that may be pivatol. I thought that the HTD's would be off site and she would not have to see the other girls after last night. Can you believe individual dates in the backyard of the mansion with families visiting? How cheap and low budget can you get especially when at least 3 maybe 4 of the F4 are from the LA area.?

Hang in there Mandy I'm rooting for you!

old cow

I need to go back and watch the first episode again and see her height and weight because this girl does NOT LOOK FAT!

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3679174;
    I need to go back and watch the first episode again and see her height and weight because this girl does NOT LOOK FAT!
    She is 5'8" and only 180#'s.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3679185;
    She is 5'8" and only 180#'s.
    well thats not fat, is it? Maybe a few lbs overweight but my gosh she's not a cow or anything.

I kinda like her. Its a shame it took this long in the show to get to know her but she's ok. And i totally understand her insecurities and concerns about Luke "dating" these other women. If i was on this show i would have myself locked in a bathroom every 8 mins!

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3679190;
    well thats not fat, is it? Maybe a few lbs overweight but my gosh she's not a cow or anything.

I kinda like her. Its a shame it took this long in the show to get to know her but she's ok. And i totally understand her insecurities and concerns about Luke "dating" these other women. If i was on this show i would have myself locked in a bathroom every 8 mins!
    Unfortunatly for her height that is probably considered obese but I can't understand those charts. She looks very normal to me. What size dress would someone her height and weight wear? They say that the average is what 12 or 14?

Go Mandy!

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3679195;
    Unfortunatly for her height that is probably considered obese but I can't understand those charts. She looks very normal to me. What size dress would someone her height and weight wear? They say that the average is what 12 or 14?

Go Mandy!
    Yea i just entered her info in an ideal weight chart to get her BMI and stuff and it says that weight/height is considered "slightly obese" whatever that means. Some people just wear it better than others. I dont really remember her in a bathing suit but the clothes she wears makes her look great.

Yea average american woman is 12 or 14 but i think she might be like an 8 or 10, maybe 12. IDK, 5'8" is kinda tall for a female so that might have something to do with it....

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3679279;
    Yea i just entered her info in an ideal weight chart to get her BMI and stuff and it says that weight/height is considered "slightly obese" whatever that means. Some people just wear it better than others. I dont really remember her in a bathing suit but the clothes she wears makes her look great.

Yea average american woman is 12 or 14 but i think she might be like an 8 or 10, maybe 12. IDK, 5'8" is kinda tall for a female so that might have something to do with it....
    Those height weight tables are interesting. I'm also considered slightly obese which is simply overweight by about 20%. At 245 now I'm exactly 20% overweight. 205 is where I should be and played soccer and football in college at that weight. Age, less physical activity and the fact that I'm a foodie and great chef has changed everything.

Since this is about Mandy and not me let me say again how great she looks to me. In a bathing suit which we saw in the spa date she looks great. She isn't so overweight that you can't see some of her muscle development. Great eyes and legs also 2 of my favorite body parts to enjoy. But in the end it's all about intelligence, confidence, humor and personality that I care about. With this show at only 1 hour we aren't seeing much of any of them beyond the physical part and that's a shame even if it is the premise of the show?

Go Mandy!
    Last edited by eowenc; 08-26-2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: spelling

She probably wears a size 14 or 16, depending on the garment. That's what I wore when I was around 180, and I'm 5/9.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3679515;
    She probably wears a size 14 or 16, depending on the garment. That's what I wore when I was around 180, and I'm 5/9.
    Thanks for the info. Mandy then would be considered average by the shows definition. That makes the others over agerage except for maybe Anna. Can you say that 'over average'?
    It's more than average, right?

Go Mandy!

+ Reply to Thread