+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Malissa

FORT Fogey

Re: Malissa

Quote Originally Posted by Dyanne;3703257;
    I know it's been referenced a couple times before, but no one has ever mentioned how Malissa got the scar on her cheek. It really looks like a tat that was removed, but maybe someone cut her. Or maybe she cut herself. Or maybe she's a Harry Potter fan who forgot the lightning bolt was on the forehead...

How did she get that scar?!

It's doubtful we will ever find out. Didn't seem to bother her or Luke. I doubt she put tats on her face.

I was surprised when the ladies were at the table with Luke and his Mom and all the info about Malissa's schooling and study abroad came out. Had not been mentioned before at all. Certainly gave her more "substance."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3703631;
    I was surprised when the ladies were at the table with Luke and his Mom and all the info about Malissa's schooling and study abroad came out. Had not been mentioned before at all. Certainly gave her more "substance."
    I thought her comment about "studying abroad" in January and February sounded like something you'd put on a resume. "Studying abroad" sounds so much more impressive than "long vacation."

Thanks to the FORT board, I knew who was going to be chosen before watching the episode. Hubby thought it would be Malissa. After certain scenes, I'd tell him some of the comments I'd read here in response to the interactions between Luke's family and the finalists. It was like watching a train wreck to see Malissa inserting both feet in her mouth and STILL manage to keep talking when Faith was there.

Best wishes to Luke and Tali for future happiness - whether they end up married or not.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I was surprised at some things, too, from the breakfast table meet-&-greet with Luke and his mom and the two girls... but only from Malissa's side.

In the meet-&-greet with her sisters, it seemed as though both Malissa's parents died when the girls were quite young and Malissa was responsible for raising them but with Luke & his mom it was clear that only her mom had died, her dad had remarried and she wasjust big sister (typical). I might have just misunderstood with the sister meeting but that was the impression I walked away with... and kept.

When Luke's mom asked why the girls went on the show and Malissa said it was "on a whim"... I sniffed doom right away. Plus in meeting with Luke's mother and father, both, it seemed like she just talked about what a gentleman he had been to her and how much respect she had for him. It didn't seem like she was talking about a guy she was IN LOVE WITH or wanting a future with or looking forward to spending the rest of her life with. She just came off as too "high level" in her talks instead of being specific about emotions and feelings. Like she was phoning it in, playing a role. And she topped that off in the meet-&-greet with Luke's mom when she (Malissa) said about being in the final 2 or 3 that she was one of the main characters. I did a double-take on that comment... I was like "who says something like that to the mother of the guy that might propose to you!!!????!?!?!?!"

I'm glad he picked Tali... but I want and update... NOW... as to what has gone on since the show ended. Are they together? Did they break up?
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 09-16-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3703703;
    I was surprised at some things, too, from the breakfast table meet-&-greet with Luke and his mom and the two girls... but only from Malissa's side.

In the meet-&-greet with her sisters, it seemed as though both Malissa's parents died when the girls were quite young and Malissa was responsible for raising them but with Luke & his mom it was clear that only her mom had died, her dad had remarried and she wasjust big sister (typical). I might have just misunderstood with the sister meeting but that was the impression I walked away with... and kept.

When Luke's mom asked why the girls went on the show and Malissa said it was "on a whim"... I sniffed doom right away. Plus in meeting with Luke's mother and father, both, it seemed like she just talked about what a gentleman he had been to her and how much respect she had for him. It didn't seem like she was talking about a guy she was IN LOVE WITH or wanting a future with or looking forward to spending the rest of her life with. She just came off as too "high level" in her talks instead of being specific about emotions and feelings. Like she was phoning it in, playing a role. And she topped that off in the meet-&-greet with Luke's mom when she (Malissa) said about being in the final 2 or 3 that she was one of the main characters. I did a double-take on that comment... I was like "who says something like that to the mother of the guy that might propose to you!!!????!?!?!?!"

I'm glad he picked Tali... but I want and update... NOW... as to what has gone on since the show ended. Are they together? Did they break up?
    Great post, Marlena. I wonder if we'll ever get an update.....

I sensed this too - that Malissa was part of the show - especially when the cameras had a close up of that tear coming out of Malissa's eye in the limo - no where near her tear duct - just one single tear - I was convinced at that point. I enjoyed the show and Tali and Luke appear to be in love so that is nice. The producers did a good job of making me think that Malissa and Luke had more in common - that Luke was far less cerebral - more fun loving. He really was clueless with the pool game with Malissa on their last date. I think they jsut got along very well - and it was a good deception so Tali would not be suspected so much.

I
    I'm also glad he chose Tali, I like Tali. I would think Luke's an idiot if he chose Malissa, I think she's arrogant. Luke & Tali Best wishes to you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567