+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Malissa

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Malissa

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3696176;
    Ah, Marlena -- you have used my favorite word: train-wreck. This is, after all, a Fleiss production, and since Brad's season, they have all been train-wrecks.
    The type of participants on this show are no different than what we have seen on Bach and Bachette. It all spills over from one series to another.

How quickly we forget -- or would like to!!!
    Although I'm aware of them, and have watched sporadic episodes over the seasons, I've never watched/cared-about/been-interested-in The Bachelor / The Bachelorette franchise. For some reason, More To Love hooked me in the very first episode (admittedly I'm a big fan of reality tv and if the first episode grabs me, I'm in for the season! LOL) and I've been watching each week.

But like I said... it's a friggen train-wreck! LOL! I realize it... I know it... I understand it... and I keep watching. Each episode I watch and scream at my tv at the same time (DH has now joined in).

Not sure why I never got into TB/ette franchise but got into this one. I just want the agony to be over... not for them but for me!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Interesting that with Malissa in the finale, there hasn't been one post on here for 2 days. Strange??? Or are we covering it all in the other threads??

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3696339;
    Although I'm aware of them, and have watched sporadic episodes over the seasons, I've never watched/cared-about/been-interested-in The Bachelor / The Bachelorette franchise. For some reason, More To Love hooked me in the very first episode (admittedly I'm a big fan of reality tv and if the first episode grabs me, I'm in for the season! LOL) and I've been watching each week.

But like I said... it's a friggen train-wreck! LOL! I realize it... I know it... I understand it... and I keep watching. Each episode I watch and scream at my tv at the same time (DH has now joined in).

Not sure why I never got into TB/ette franchise but got into this one. I just want the agony to be over... not for them but for me! :rofl
    Well come on over to the Bach/ette! Its the same thing, you'll feel right at home!

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3696339;
    Not sure why I never got into TB/ette franchise but got into this one. I just want the agony to be over... not for them but for me!
    Omg me too! I started watching MTL b/c i liked the concept of the show. The 1st ep. i was kinda put off by it and i didnt think i would watch it anymore but holy its addictive! I must admit this show is much more enjoyable b/c ive found a nice fun place to talk with other people. I surely would have thrown my TV out the window if i didnt have this site to discuss such silliness. None of my friends watch these types of shows.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3698786;
    Omg me too! I started watching MTL b/c i liked the concept of the show. The 1st ep. i was kinda put off by it and i didnt think i would watch it anymore but holy its addictive! I must admit this show is much more enjoyable b/c ive found a nice fun place to talk with other people. I surely would have thrown my TV out the window if i didnt have this site to discuss such silliness. None of my friends watch these types of shows.
    Mine laugh at me when I talk to them about it at work.
    It's got to be love.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Frizzy;3699189;
    Mine laugh at me when I talk to them about it at work.
    My friends think it's silly as well, then there are the people who act all superior because they either "don't watch tv" or watch things like Masterpiece Theater Come on, with a world so serious and a country so divided we all need some plain ole fun sometimes!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3699208;
    ......Come on, with a world so serious and a country so divided we all need some plain ole fun sometimes!

Nothing wrong with Masterpiece Theater. I watch plenty of public TV, and get a lot out of it. Wonder how many posters on this board, or any other board, watch the serious stuff as well as the fun stuff.

You are right, we need to have fun sometimes and watch something that takes no intellectual effort. Like daytime soap operas (which I never watch), it takes us away from the troubles of the world for a while. Nothing wrong with that!!

My husband subjects me to the History channel and Discovery channel... so I subject him to delicious tripe like MTL. Heh heh. I recognize that it's trashy TV, but it's just so much fun. None of my friends IRL (will admit they) watch this stuff. But back on topic: my hub doesn't seem to mind watching Malissa's twins for an hour each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3699327;
    Nothing wrong with Masterpiece Theater. I watch plenty of public TV, and get a lot out of it. Wonder how many posters on this board, or any other board, watch the serious stuff as well as the fun stuff.

You are right, we need to have fun sometimes and watch something that takes no intellectual effort. Like daytime soap operas (which I never watch), it takes us away from the troubles of the world for a while. Nothing wrong with that!!
    I apologize if I offended you. I certianly didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with watching masterpiece theater. I watch it myself. I enjoy period dramas and I've learned a lot from the History channel and Discovery channel as well.

I merely meant there are people who look down on those who watch reality tv, as if it makes them a lower form of life, rather than someone who can enjoy the escapism of things that don't require brainwork.

Lately when I choose a movie I find I'm looking more for a fun escape than for intellectual stimulus. what has become of me?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3699418;
    I apologize if I offended you. I certianly didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with watching masterpiece theater. I watch it myself. I enjoy period dramas and I've learned a lot from the History channel and Discovery channel as well.

I merely meant there are people who look down on those who watch reality tv, as if it makes them a lower form of life, rather than someone who can enjoy the escapism of things that don't require brainwork.

Lately when I choose a movie I find I'm looking more for a fun escape than for intellectual stimulus. what has become of me?
    Absolutely NO offense taken, and no apology needed!!! Sometimes my writing style is too strong for what I mean. There is a time and place for all kinds of programs. Those who want to look down on us because we watch reality TV don't bother me at all. We all need a balance between brainwork and letting it all hang out!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast