+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emme - Host

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Emme - Host

Emme - Host

A pioneer for plus-size women in the modeling industry, Emme became the first full-figured model to land a contract as a cosmetics company spokesperson when she signed with Revlon. Her career as a model, television personality, author, inspirational speaker and clothing designer promotes and exemplifies positive body image, self-esteem and self-acceptance. A critically acclaimed author, Emme has written four books, including "True Beauty," which chronicles her life and rise to success as a supermodel and a vocal advocate for a healthy lifestyle. Emme's empowering online community for women can be found at emmestyle.com.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Emme - Host

is she a Brit?

Per her website, she was born in NYC, raised in Saudi Arabia til a teen and then went to Syracuse University on a full athletic scholarship.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

ok, i seen her this morning on a tv show... she looks better than in the pic

She is very beautiful, and I've been a fan of hers for many years.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3631943;
    She is very beautiful, and I've been a fan of hers for many years.
    She's like a living legend. I remember watching her on E!'s Fashion Emergency.

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by klobhfan;3631971;
    She's like a living legend. I remember watching her on E!'s Fashion Emergency.
    This is what I've been hearing everywhere - from the boards to my own mother who was all "Emme is hosting this? Wow. She's one of the most famous models in history!" But seriously people? Did she have a personality back then? Does she have an amazing personality now - but somehow they're just not showcasing it? I gotta tell you as a girl who only knows the woman from this I'm not seeing it. I wish they would at least have her do little interviews with Luke after the cocktail parties (a la Chris Harrison) then maybe we hear more than 11 words from her on any given episode!

(on a positive note - she is helping me with my math. "only one ring remains...")

The reason Emme is such a big deal is that, when she started, there were no plus sized models...or at least none with the kinds of mainstream accounts she had. I remember when this article came out in the Most Beautiful edition of People: Emme - Most Beautiful, Emme : People.com. It was MAJOR.

She didn't have a huge personality or anything, true. Her thing was talking about how she loved her body and that being healthy was more important than being rail thin. She brought a very positive message that may have been coming from other places, but not from the fashion industry at the time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3645842;
    The reason Emme is such a big deal is that, when she started, there were no plus sized models...or at least none with the kinds of mainstream accounts she had. I remember when this article came out in the Most Beautiful edition of People: Emme - Most Beautiful, Emme : People.com. It was MAJOR.

She didn't have a huge personality or anything, true. Her thing was talking about how she loved her body and that being healthy was more important than being rail thin. She brought a very positive message that may have been coming from other places, but not from the fashion industry at the time.
    See now that article was FAR more interesting than anything they've shown of her on the actual show. I love the quote from her husband and the designer who said her body was "inspirational and yet still attainable" - after reading that I really do wish they would've let her do a little more.

(I hope the girls got to spend some time with her behind the scenes - I can imagine she would be a constant inspiration for many of these women).

old cow

Emme is a pretty lady but DANG she is about worthless on this show! And i dont understand her drive-by hosting. Come into the room for 2 seconds to announce its elimination time, come back for 1 second to announce there is one ring left (then leave), then come back in for a 3rd time simply to tell the girls who didnt get rings its time to leave. WTF?

Surely theres more she can do than just this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast