+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emme - Host

sdl

Re: Emme - Host

Quote Originally Posted by OneSillyGirl;3678173;
    If Emme is 180 lbs at 5'11", as the People article says, then her BMI is only 25.1. That makes her barely overweight. Other sources list her weight at 190, making her BMI 26.5, still only slightly overweight.
    That is the fantasy of the "plus size model."
    Just as regular women don't look the same in clothes modeled by size 0 women who are 6' tall, voluptuous girls don't look the same in clothes as Emme - who really is not fat.
    But that's marketing - would anyone actually buy a dress modeled by Kristian?
    My gripe is more with the show - there seems to be a huge disparity between some of the really obese women at the start and those who made it to Luke's F4. The F4 were all attractive and pretty normal in size (except Malissa's boobs, which should have their own show). Was Luke REALLY looking at the women without regard for their shapes?

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=sdl;3691312;]**********(message shortened by Columbia, MD)
    Was Luke REALLY looking at the women without regard for their shapes?

Who's kidding whom? The F4 women were closer to normal than any of the ones he sent home, except for the 37 yr old (forgot her name) who was well built but far too old for him.

Regardless of the premise of the story, Luke is still looking for someone of fairly normal size who is attractive and confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckypants;3691238;
    Oh boy, but do they have some amazing genes in the Alt family, or what? Both Emme and Carol are still gosh darn gorgeous ! Why do I even like them ? LOL
    Emme and Carol Alt aren't related. Carol has a sister who is a plus-size model, but it's not Emme: Her name is Christiane. Emme also has a sister, Melanie, who is a model.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I'm a little late on this, but another example of how different Emme actually is in "real" life as opposed to how she is portrayed on this show: A few years ago, she and her then husband co-authored a book detailing their struggle with the husband's clinical depression. Emme's husband was dealing with a chronic pain issue, and spiraled into a deep depression. Emme put her career on hold to care for him. They have since divorced - don't know the details; none of my business - but she stood by him for years, and worked far less than she could have, while she cared for him. She seems to be much more than how she comes across on this show. Even prior to her book, and prior to her 'Fashion Emergency' show, I remember seeing her when she was the first plus-size model to achieve super-model status. She was always warm, bubbly, and full of personality. I know I'm a little late on this, but hopefully people have changed their opinions on her. I don't think she was given much leeway in her role as host.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3691312;
    That is the fantasy of the "plus size model."
    Just as regular women don't look the same in clothes modeled by size 0 women who are 6' tall, voluptuous girls don't look the same in clothes as Emme - who really is not fat.
    But that's marketing - would anyone actually buy a dress modeled by Kristian?
    My gripe is more with the show - there seems to be a huge disparity between some of the really obese women at the start and those who made it to Luke's F4. The F4 were all attractive and pretty normal in size (except Malissa's boobs, which should have their own show). Was Luke REALLY looking at the women without regard for their shapes?
    I think a lot of what makes Emme attractive is the style of clothing she wears, her make-up, and her hairstyle (and, granted, she is on the lighter end of "plus-sized"). I think the contestants on this show could make better use of the beauty they do have by dressing more flattering to their figures, etc. However, they do not have access to the stylists, etc, that Emme has.

Yes, very good points, particularly the part, "Would anyone actually buy a dress modeled by Kristian?"

And Melissa's boobs having their own show---hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3674988;
    Here's a link i found on youtube of Emme discussing More to Love. She seems very nice and funny in this video. Now i dont know how much of this is actually true or someone just told her to say this stuff but she sounds sincere.

YouTube - More To Love: Emme
    Thanks for the link raisinthesun it shows a diffenent side of Emme and does give a clue or two. I also watched the TV Guide interview with Luke before the season. That interview gives us something to think about now that we are at F3. More to come.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3659599;
    Wow, she's being portrayed as having a personality of a turnip!! She has so much more to offer the show!
    I agree ! Emme is way more than a pretty face. She tried and tried in the beginning to be stick-thin, like her supermodel sister, but then realized she should just go with the flow- she wasn't built that way. I have always admired her for that. She's not only beautiful, but strong and smart as well. Why don't we get to see more of her? At least as much as we do of CH on the Bach/ette.

My impression after the 3 to 2 RC - Emme did not want to give anything away obviously but I kind of get the feeling that she might have liked Mandy or Tali more but maybe Luke picked the girl (Malissa) that he could see himself with - that he was totally comfortable with. Malissa presents fun - and she is confident and independent, even though she has had a rough upbringing. Tali is more needy - more dependent on Luke, less comfortable in her body. I think Luke will go for Malissa even though she apparently is competitive and seemingly so sure of herself. He said in one of the earlier episodes - I think to Tali - you need to believe in the chemistry if it is there. I think Malissa is sure of her connection with Luke - don't know whether he is or not but I think Emme was implying to me that Malissa might not be the popular choice (because of the editing ?) but she was the girl he fell in love with. It is possible he has insecurities and needs a stronger more confident woman.

FORT Regular

Emme is a very lovely, beautiful woman. I'm hoping that she didn't put out that orange dress last night..Very unflattering to her chest area..

Quote Originally Posted by Locarber;3696002;
    Emme is a very lovely, beautiful woman. I'm hoping that she didn't put out that orange dress last night..Very unflattering to her chest area..
    That dress was friggin' HIDEOUS...I was embarrassed for her and I thought it made her look heavier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast