Thread: Luke Conley - Bachelor

old cow

Re: Luke Conley - Bachelor

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3700803;
    You're right, Marlena.
    Columbia, MD, i like your new avatar pic! So true indeed

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3700891;
    For me personally its because of Luke's behavior on the show. He seems to think he's doing these women such a huge favor by being with them, taking them to that sorry-for-an-excuse prom, etc. His idea that he is the savior to these ladies just irritates me. Or at least thats how it apprears on the show....
    I think he probably is bringing a few out of their shells - and they also can compare themselves to the others - I'm sure it's good. And he's heavy and yet seems to be confident enough - so that's setting an example too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3700894;
    Columbia, MD, i like your new avatar pic! So true indeed
    Thanks, Raisin. It was time to drop the Star Trek stuff, except for my signature, which is Vulcan and is a good wish. I even turned in my Star Trek license plates, so I knew it was time to change this too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3700891;
    For me personally its because of Luke's behavior on the show. He seems to think he's doing these women such a huge favor by being with them, taking them to that sorry-for-an-excuse prom, etc. His idea that he is the savior to these ladies just irritates me. Or at least thats how it apprears on the show....
    Hey, Raisin, this is just a TV show. Sounds to me like so many of Luke's lines are scripted; we don't know much about him except what has been shown -- that he is kind and a gentleman. Not so sure the savior idea is his. Oh well, in 18 hours, on the east coast anyhow, it will all be over....and then how are we all going to continue to communicate?

P.S. What is the meaning of your avatar. Can't figure it out...

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3700981;
    Hey, Raisin, this is just a TV show. Sounds to me like so many of Luke's lines are scripted; we don't know much about him except what has been shown -- that he is kind and a gentleman. Not so sure the savior idea is his. Oh well, in 18 hours, on the east coast anyhow, it will all be over....and then how are we all going to continue to communicate?

Yea your probably right. The concept of Luke as the all to end all does reek of simple-mided producers. Yea i actually think its more like 25 hrs til the finale but hey whos counting.

Actually nobody's been able to figure out my avatar. The picture is from a cartoon of one of my fav. actors Ned Sparks (he was popular back in the 40s). My signature is a quote from him. He was making fun of himself and how he seemed to be portrayed in the media (as a grumy grouch). That is also why my location says: Old Skool (school) hollywood and not my real location which is S.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3700981;

And let's all remember who the producer of this show is! Scripted, scripted, scripted. We don't truly know any of these people. We only see and hear what Mr. Fleiss wants us to, the master of deception.

Here's to watching the finale tomorrow night with a great group!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3701196;
    Yea your probably right. The concept of Luke as the all to end all does reek of simple-mided producers. Yea i actually think its more like 25 hrs til the finale but hey whos counting.

Actually nobody's been able to figure out my avatar. The picture is from a cartoon of one of my fav. actors Ned Sparks (he was popular back in the 40s). My signature is a quote from him. He was making fun of himself and how he seemed to be portrayed in the media (as a grumy grouch). That is also why my location says: Old Skool (school) hollywood and not my real location which is S.C.
    Thanks for your avatar info. Really interesting. I wondered if you were on the West coast. Looking forward to watching the ending of this show tonight, but I'll miss exchanging ideas with really nice people. Do you go on the FORT Bach board? I've found it a lot more civilized than the "other" one, if you know what I mean. I still post on the "other" one too.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3701505;
    Thanks for your avatar info. Really interesting. I wondered if you were on the West coast. Looking forward to watching the ending of this show tonight, but I'll miss exchanging ideas with really nice people. Do you go on the FORT Bach board? I've found it a lot more civilized than the "other" one, if you know what I mean. I still post on the "other" one too.
    No I'm an east coast gal. No ive never been on the Bachelor board, and if you can believe it ive never watched the Bachelor. But i must admit this is alot of fun, talking with you guys and such so i think when the new season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette starts in the fall i think i will give it a shot. And i'll see all your cool cats over there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3701509;
    No I'm an east coast gal. No ive never been on the Bachelor board, and if you can believe it ive never watched the Bachelor. But i must admit this is alot of fun, talking with you guys and such so i think when the new season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette starts in the fall i think i will give it a shot. And i'll see all your cool cats over there.

The twists and turns on the Bachelor and Bachelorette programs in the last couple of years are enough to make your hair curl. That is Fleiss at his "best." This program is mild compared to the Bach/ette. I've watched every episode of the Bach/ette from day 1, and have seen it change so much you would never recognize the original, if you know what I mean.

I think one of the problems of the Bach and Bachette programs the past couple of seasons is the recycling of the "loser." I have posted endlessly that we need to see some new faces. Who knows? Tune in in Jan. 2010.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345