+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Luke Conley - Bachelor

Re: Luke Conley - Bachelor

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3689057;
    Luke just seems a little creepy to me. Every time he has a 1 on 1 with someone, he completely leers up and down their body when they walk towards him. Plus, when the women have expressed their feelings for him, he usually just replies, "yeah." It's so awkward!
    I watched Luke a lot this weekend and he does exactly what you describe with each and every girl.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3693562;
    Interesting quote. Luke seems to have issues with all the three remaining ladies. It would be interesting to know when this statement was made. Based on this, Tali's religion would not stand in his way if he felt the most connection with her. JMO
    This statement is either on the Fox website or from a TV Guide interview. I can't remember which one but both were made preseason.

I personnaly have tried to stay away from the religion/culture issue so far because I have had to deal with this situation personnally, a Christian man dating a Jewish woman. We were seriously dating and discussing marriage in fact.

Keep in mind that this is not my opinion but what research has provided by seeing and reading various interviews with Luke.

Luke said early on that he hoped he would find a woman with whom he could share his faith (Christian). According to the LA Times article he and Mandy had a long discussion about their faith (she also is Christian). He prays and reads the bible daily. She made a point of letting him know that she was the only woman in the house who had her bible with her. None of that is shown on the show but is public knowledge because of the article.

That LA Times article also said he told Tali he would not have a problem marring someone of a different religion/culture if he were in love. That is however before he met Leo Tali's uncle and you know the results of that. It is the only storyline for Tali and it is a giant obstacle as Luke says in a preview of tomorrows show (or was it last week) Tali is not the easy choice.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3693684;
    This statement is either on the Fox website or from a TV Guide interview. I can't remember which one but both were made preseason.

I personnaly have tried to stay away from the religion/culture issue so far because I have had to deal with this situation personnally, a Christian man dating a Jewish woman. We were seriously dating and discussing marriage in fact.

Keep in mind that this is not my opinion but what research has provided by seeing and reading various interviews with Luke.

Luke said early on that he hoped he would find a woman with whom he could share his faith (Christian). According to the LA Times article he and Mandy had a long discussion about their faith (she also is Christian). He prays and reads the bible daily. She made a point of letting him know that she was the only woman in the house who had her bible with her. None of that is shown on the show but is public knowledge because of the article.

That LA Times article also said he told Tali he would not have a problem marring someone of a different religion/culture if he were in love. That is however before he met Leo Tali's uncle and you know the results of that. It is the only storyline for Tali and it is a giant obstacle as Luke says in a preview of tomorrows show (or was it last week) Tali is not the easy choice.
    Quoting myself here as I have more thoughts before going to bed. I'll need to rest up before tomorrows show.

As to the Bolded part, in the Fleissian world he will go against the grain and choose her. If he also chooses Mandy do we really think that Fleiss is prepared to tackle the religion/culture issue or will it be a confidence issue between Mandy and Tali. On the other hand with Mal-lissa is it a good vs. evil face off or a religion/culture vs. wanting a family questions?

I noticed that Luke showed some vulnerability last episode and I sorta liked that! Luke is a good guy, really good - and I hope he ends up with the love of his life !!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain".

"Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3666312;
    They had to know this would come out. I wonder when he gained his weight.
    I'm going to guess that he bulked up to play football and then when he stopped playing he kept on eating as though he was still expending all those calories playing football.

Oh--and he didn't have the time/incentive to continue weightlifting/working out after he stopped playing football.

This kind of muscle-to-fat scenario is one that a LOT of athletes are all too familiar with.

BTW--his days as a former football player explain why he still describes himself as 'an athlete' even though he is not close to being one anymore.

I see people castigating Luke for being overweight frequently on these boards, but not the women for being overweight. I wonder why that is?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3700727;
    I see people castigating Luke for being overweight frequently on these boards, but not the women for being overweight. I wonder why that is?

Good observation, Duckyface. The women spent a lot of time castigating themselves on the show. Luke did not. Guess he needed someone else to do it.
    He seems comfortable with who he is; the women don't. Maybe we just felt sorry for them?????

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Could it be that it's mostly because Luke is delusional... while the women are not. He doesn't see himself as a fat person when clearly he is. He's not big... he's not athletic... he's fat. Plain and simple. The women all know they are overweight... and the ones who are fat, know it. I haven't heard one of them say anything delusional about their size.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3700763;
    Could it be that it's mostly because Luke is delusional... while the women are not. He doesn't see himself as a fat person when clearly he is. He's not big... he's not athletic... he's fat. Plain and simple. The women all know they are overweight... and the ones who are fat, know it. I haven't heard one of them say anything delusional about their size.
    You're right, Marlena.

old cow

For me personally its because of Luke's behavior on the show. He seems to think he's doing these women such a huge favor by being with them, taking them to that sorry-for-an-excuse prom, etc. His idea that he is the savior to these ladies just irritates me. Or at least thats how it apprears on the show....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast