+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Luke Conley - Bachelor

Re: Luke Conley - Bachelor

I thought Luke was a little cheesy and fake at first but after seeing him with the girls he has grown on me. Like any dating show it is funny watching all the whacky and drama queen girls go in the begining. Luke has made wise choices till now. The F4 are the best girls IMHO. Looking forward to seeing what Luke does to the final one.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3664759;
    Well dig this cool cats! Check out Luke's own prom pictures. So much for Mr. I-know-how-these-women-feel b.s.

I new somehow the guy's a fake. I feel bad for those women who were sent home. Some1 should sue the producers for airing this show, it does more harm then good. I gave up watching it the minute he sent Kristian & Heather home. Comes to show that it's always the slim & pretty ones the men are mostly after.. PATHETIC...

FORT Newbie

That photo only proves that for part of his time in high school he wasn't overweight. I've been fat my whole life with a few exceptions, one of which was one grade in high school when I slimmed down. So maybe he's been overweight his whole life except for a while during prom time. Our weights do fluctuate from time to time.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by missymess;3687497;
    That photo only proves that for part of his time in high school he wasn't overweight. I've been fat my whole life with a few exceptions, one of which was one grade in high school when I slimmed down. So maybe he's been overweight his whole life except for a while during prom time. Our weights do fluctuate from time to time.
    I seem to remember that during the first episode of this season they aired pics of Luke when he was a kid and yea he was kinda chubby. Not necessarily fat but chubby. My guess is he started to slim down in highschool to get the attention of girls during his teenage years and then idk, afterwards just concentrated on other things....

FORT Fogey

Luke just seems a little creepy to me. Every time he has a 1 on 1 with someone, he completely leers up and down their body when they walk towards him. Plus, when the women have expressed their feelings for him, he usually just replies, "yeah." It's so awkward!

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3689057;
    Luke just seems a little creepy to me. Every time he has a 1 on 1 with someone, he completely leers up and down their body when they walk towards him. Plus, when the women have expressed their feelings for him, he usually just replies, "yeah." It's so awkward!
    ITA!! It's one thing to say you like large women... it's another to actually understand the emotional and self esteem issues that CAN go along with being over weight. Of course not all large women have these issues but there are many that do and it would take an incredibly sensitive and insightful man to know how deep these issues can run. Not sure Luke is that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by missymess;3687497;
    Exactly. My boyfriend in 9th grade was fairly chubby when I met him the summer after 8th grade and definitely had self-esteem issues. We went to different school, so I didn't see him again for a while. When I saw him again a few months later, he had slimmed down some, which he continued to do throughout that year.

By fall of our sophomore year, he had updated his look, bleached his hair and become one of the major hunks in our class. No one could understand why I would want to break up with him, but a lot of it had to do with his self-esteem, because even though he was a hottie, he still felt like the "fat kid." He stayed slim throughout high school and college but eventually gained the weight back.

He could easily have been in the situation that this guy is in where he was a chunky adult saying that he had been fat growing up and people produced pictures of him looking like a major stud in high school. (Trust me, he was much hotter than this guy, and this guy looks pretty good in his high school pictures.)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

This is the show's goal according to Luke. "The goal is to meet someone special. There's a lot of risks out there in love. If two people make a connection and stay committed to one another fight thru it no matter what the issues are." Quoted from FOX.

FORT Fogey

Interesting quote. Luke seems to have issues with all the three remaining ladies. It would be interesting to know when this statement was made. Based on this, Tali's religion would not stand in his way if he felt the most connection with her. JMO

There is a You Tube TV Guide interview with Luke prior to the season starting in which he described what he was looking for in a mate. It should help in figuring out who his F1 might be.

Knows who she is.
    Knows what direction she is going in life.
    She's ready for a relationship.
    She's passionate.
    Intellegent.
    Good sense of humor.
    She can challenge me.

Add to that from Fox interview:

Down-to-earth.
    Full figured.
    Comfortable in her own skin.

Another interview can't remember where now:

Someone who shares my faith is a high priority.

Just find the one of the F3 that fulfills the most of these things and you know the F1.

Note: Fleiss has changed his manner of editing in the last few shows to reveal how the F1 fits all or nearly all these things. Example: Bachelorette 5 Ed was not explained or completely revealed until MTA episode 10 when TPTB began to defernd Jillian's choice. Therefore, we may need to wait to the very end to understand who F1 will be and why.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast