+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More to Love - About the Show

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

More to Love - About the Show

More to Love

Premieres Tuesday, July 28
    9:00 PM Eastern
    FOX

MORE TO LOVE, the new dating competition show from Mike Fleiss ("The Bachelor"), follows one regular guy's search for love among a group of real women determined to prove that love comes in all shapes and sizes. The inspirational new series is hosted by iconic supermodel Emme.

Luke Conley is a 26-year-old former college football offensive lineman who stands 6'3" and weighs over 300 pounds. He's a successful sub-contractor and real estate investor who has his sights set on building a long-lasting relationship. Luke's ideal woman is intelligent, passionate, down-to-earth, full-figured and comfortable in her own skin.

This eligible guy will have the chance to find the woman of his dreams when 20 voluptuous ladies vie for his heart. These unique women have careers ranging from waitress to teacher to lawyer to rocket scientist, but they all have one thing in common: They are also looking for love.

This brawny prince is searching for one curvy Cinderella to take on the romantic adventure of a lifetime. Throughout the course of his journey, Luke will wine and dine these women during romantic outings, where some will experience their first real dates. As Luke narrows the competition each week through emotional elimination ceremonies, he will be one step closer to finding the woman who is his perfect fit.

FOX Broadcasting Company: MORE TO LOVE
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: More to Love - About the Show

OMG....9 minutes & that is all I can take.....he has only met 5 girls & we have already had 3 PI pity parties crying about how they cant find love because they are not skinny

Fleiss.........a new low........showing peoples weight on tv
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 07-28-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

old cow

omg Luke is as DULL AS PAINT! And it sounds like he's just reading lines off a Q card!

old cow

And what is up with these women? His eyes this and his eyes that.....bleech, and the girl that flipped out just b/c he gave her his coat. WTF?

Now i can understand being flattered by a guy's attention but these ladies are leaving their self esteem at the door and just trippin over the heels for Mr. Vanilla.

Way to go Fleiss! It was nice to see him create a show for the average person looking for love!

FORT Newbie

Sadly it's not the average woman. The average woman is a 12 or 14. These are plus sized women. And these are woman that is that are not comfortable in their skin at all. Most are really sad and dramatic about their weight. One had NEVER been on a date before this show [because of her weight]! Wow way to throw herself into the game.

And the fact that they put height and weight by their faces is just so very tacky. Yuck.

The bachelor seems nice. But he wants someone happy with who they are and the weight they are. I don't think there's one.

Bad MF!

Plus size models are generally size 12 or 14, as is Emme. One of the "bachelorettes" is 5'10" and 190 lbs. When I'm at that weight, I'm a size 14.
    While some of the girls are clearly larger than a 14, I'm sure it would surprise a lot of people to see how small they are in person. Remember, we're used to seeing girls on TV who are sizes 2 and 4. I remember years ago on one of the soaps, an actress was getting flack for her weight: she was a size 10 and fans were calling her fat.

Speaking of which, there was a moment on Dating in the Dark last week when the guys looked in the girls' suitcases. One of them pulled out a pair of jeans and said something like "Size 4. That's good, dude. That's means she's curvy"
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3633412;
    Plus size models are generally size 12 or 14, as is Emme. One of the "bachelorettes" is 5'10" and 190 lbs. When I'm at that weight, I'm a size 14.
    While some of the girls are clearly larger than a 14, I'm sure it would surprise a lot of people to see how small they are in person. Remember, we're used to seeing girls on TV who are sizes 2 and 4. I remember years ago on one of the soaps, an actress was getting flack for her weight: she was a size 10 and fans were calling her fat.

Speaking of which, there was a moment on Dating in the Dark last week when the guys looked in the girls' suitcases. One of them pulled out a pair of jeans and said something like "Size 4. That's good, dude. That's means she's curvy"
    WOHA WOAH WOAH!!! That actually happened?? I don't watch daytime soaps too much, but you're right, you don't see too many plus size ladies on daytime soaps.

I don't have any problems with these "plus size" women looking for love on a tv show...and no Luke is not what we normally see when we think of the "bachelor" and he does seem a little wooden..but it was only the first episode and he may loosen up and he may be nervous but he seems much more genuine and really looking for love unlike some more recent bachelors we have seen on shows so I am willing to cut him some slack..

as for the women..speaking for myself...at different points in my life I have been from one end of the spectrum to another...never been smaller than a size 14 but have been from 14 to 28.....so I know some of what they are dealing with...but with me...as with all women I think that no matter what size we are we have body image issues....

I do have a problem with the "pity party" Fleiss seems to be throwing at the expense of these women...and I have to wonder with all the larger women in this country that have no issues at all with their confidence and are happy with themselves and have plenty of dates and don't have a problem finding a man why didn't Fleiss find some of these women..its like he scraped and scrounged until he found 20 women who didn't possess these beliefs in themselves so he could throw his pity party and I have to wonder how many of them would have actually signed up for this if they knew his real agenda

People talked about how larger people are ignored and talked nasty about..yea I have encounted that...but in the same way...I have men who open doors for me...just last night a man waited for me to walk across the parking lot to enter a store because he was opening the door for me...but I also live in the deep south and in regards to cerain things like these types of manners, I think we stress these more with men and boys here..

I have no problem with the show in general but I do have a problem with Fleiss and his agenda he doesn't want people to like these folks he wants us to feel sorry for them..and that is just wrong

and to Fleiss.....next time you do a bachelor show...why don't you put the height and weight of your usual size 2 girls on the screen and I promise you that they will be just as offend...no woman wants that flashed on the screen every time you see them..that was just low down and crass and showed no class at all on your part....I don't care if you are a size 0 or a size 30 that is just not something that should be put on the screen for all of America to see...I have seen you stoop low before Fleiss but you just crawled in the gutter with that one and I hope you get the Fleas you deserve
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3633412;

ITA! and as for that Dating in the Dark Moment - I JUST ABOUT DIED when he said that - I literally rewound it and watched it again just to make sure I heard him right. What a moron. Although I will give the other guy a few points for saying something to effect of "wait... really?"

+ Reply to Thread