+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More To Love - Fox

FORT Fanatic

Re: More To Love - Fox

Quote Originally Posted by talula;3511477;
    But I hope this doesn't create the image that only a big man will love a big girl. I'll watch but I bet it won't breed a second season. Unfortunately, America likes to watch the pretty people. Look how far Average Joe made it... :-/
    I agree, I was hoping the bachelor was a hot thinner guy. I'm not skinny by any measure, and have dated some hot guys. There is no reason why they can't mix it up however considering Average Joe I'll shut up now.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I outweighed my husband by about 75 lbs when we married. He didn't have a specific interest in larger women then. He was just open-minded.

11 years later, and he prefer larger women. I don't worry about him ogling skinny chicks in bikini's on the beach. I worry about him ogling the chicks shopping at Lane Bryant.

I'm just not interested in this show, period. I don't like it when specific types of people are singled out and not simply mixed in with "normal" situations. It doesn't, to me, foster acceptance so much as further the tendency to treat "different" as "special" in a bad way.

Not to mention, isn't the average size of most women a 12 these days? "Different" then should be the many size zeros you see on TV as opposed to women sized appx. 8 through 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3567914;
    Not to mention, isn't the average size of most women a 12 these days? "Different" then should be the many size zeros you see on TV as opposed to women sized appx. 8 through 18.
    Of course, but showing "real" sizes on TV would be normal and logical- concepts the suits in Hollywood seem to have no grasp of...especially the Fleister

On a personal note, I've been heavy, fluffy, plus-size, etc. just about my entire adult life. I've been with every type/size of guy and very rarely met someone who had a problem with my weight. It's not like I can hide it folks! LOL But I will say I never, ever went on a blind date. Why set yourself up like that?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I've done blind dates. I had a period of semi-desperation in my 20's.

I was honest right up front on my voice mail message - I said I was NOT a hardbody.

I actually met a couple guys who I went on to be friends with. One wanted a relationship with me but I ended up not attracted to him "that way."

I had a couple who talked to me on the phone like we'd known each other our entire lives. Then when we met in person, suddenly there was "no chemistry."

I wasn't that fat at the time. I was not skinny. I was probably pushing between an 18 and a 20. I am usually described as "attractive." That's me in my avatar pic. I was a little lighter than that when I went on those dates.

A couple were outright rude. One left me sitting at a bar all night after an initial hello.

I'd never do it again. Luckily, I have my husband now. He and I both know I need to lose some weight for health reasons. But he has often expressed fear that I'd go too far and "get skinny." Nah. I'd be happy being an 18 again.

I do have a follow-up, however, that made me extremely happy. The guy who was the worst - the one who talked to me on the phone for hours and hours for a couple weeks before we met and then told me there was no chemisty once we were face-to-face? About 10 years later, a co-worker of mine - a skinny, rich, gorgeous sweet girl - had been talked into a blind date by someone. When she described the guy, I instantly knew it was "no chemistry" guy. She went on the date, and confirmed later that he was a self-absorbed, self-important, narrow-minded jerk.

I miss a couple of the nicer guys I met. Just friendships that had their time and passed. But I'd never do it again.

This must be a great concept for show, because it hasn't even aired yet and there are already 3 pages of comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3582585;
    This must be a great concept for show, because it hasn't even aired yet and there are already 3 pages of comments!
    I'm still on the fence, I strongly suspect that this show will be a train wreck and very negative to woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3567914;
    Not to mention, isn't the average size of most women a 12 these days?
    A few years ago it was a 14, but they cheat on clothing sizes (from time to time making the numbers smaller than they used to be vs. the actual measurements, similar to how they dumbed down the SAT score numbers, lol, to make people feel better about themselves), so I suppose that 12 could be the new 14. However, on the commercial they said the average was 14-16, and I believe that is accurate.

Why stores do not understand this and stock more large and extra-large sizes is beyond me. You go to the racks and all that are left are small and extra small, and maybe a few mediums. What a waste of money for the store.
    They have to put all the tiny clothes on clearance and could have been selling more of the normal sizes if only they ordered more logically - I always wonder, why do they never realize that?

Btw, I object to the term "curvy," because it implies that the only fatty girls who will be seen as attractive are the ones who do not carry their weight in their middles (a "pear"" rather than "apple" shape). Those of us with apple shapes already have enough problems in that all the clothes are made for the fat hip and thigh shape, and so the waists are proportionately too tight while the bottoms are too loose. It is so annoying not to find things that fit, and we "apple" shapes do not need the further annoyance of hearing how some fat is ok as long as you are simultaneously "little in the middle." Screw that. We are holding onto the middle fat due to stress hormones to begin with and don't need the extra stress of people's prejudices.
    Last edited by Harvest; 07-18-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3585031;
    A few years ago it was a 14, but they cheat on clothing sizes (from time to time making the numbers smaller than they used to be vs. the actual measurements, similar to how they dumbed down the SAT score numbers, lol, to make people feel better about themselves), so I suppose that 12 could be the new 14. However, on the commercial they said the average was 14-16, and I believe that is accurate.

Why stores do not understand this and stock more large and extra-large sizes is beyond me. You go to the racks and all that are left are small and extra small, and maybe a few mediums. What a waste of money for the store.
    They have to put all the tiny clothes on clearance and could have been selling more of the normal sizes if only they ordered more logically - I always wonder, why do they never realize that?

Btw, I object to the term "curvy," because it implies that the only fatty girls who will be seen as attractive are the ones who do not carry their weight in their middles (a "pear"" rather than "apple" shape). Those of us with apple shapes already have enough problems in that all the clothes are made for the fat hip and thigh shape, and so the waists are proportionately too tight while the bottoms are too loose. It is so annoying not to find things that fit, and we "apple" shapes do not need the further annoyance of hearing how some fat is ok as long as you are simultaneously "little in the middle." Screw that. We are holding onto the middle fat due to stress hormones to begin with and don't need the extra stress of people's prejudices.
    I smiled when I read this, because it makes me wonder what body type they are actually making the clothes for. I'm more of a "pear" shape, and I always think that all the clothes are made for "apples." It seems like everything I try on is too big in the top and too narrow in the hips. The clothing manufacturers must be trying for some middle ground that only fits the three people who actually have an hourglass figure.

As for the show, I'm not going to watch it. I can't imagine that Mike Fleiss will treat these women with any more respect than he treats the smaller ones. On the other hand, I suppose that average-size women who are looking for a chance to get humiliated on national television should have an equal opportunity.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

OMG....9 minutes & that is all I can take.....he has only met 5 girls & we have already had 3 PI pity parties crying about how they cant find love because they are not skinny

Fleiss.........a new low........showing peoples weight on tv
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3621405;
    OMG....9 minutes & that is all I can take.....he has only met 5 girls & we have already had 3 PI pity parties crying about how they cant find love because they are not skinny

Fleiss.........a new low........showing peoples weight on tv
    Yup I am with you on this...I thought I would watch just for "kicks" ...nope can't do it, I can hardly handle the promo commercials. Fleiss will do nothing but rake these women over the coals with "constant" whinning about their size and inability to get a guy...the man really has no moral values what so ever. I will not watch this travesty

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast