+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More To Love - Fox

Re: More To Love - Fox

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3530556;
    I just hate that MFleiss has his grubby paws in this..and it will , I am afriad, be anything but respectable for these poor participants... He will use their insecurities and weight issues (as if they are really an issue, they already know they are not a size 1-geeeesh!) and twist them into looking like losers, he does this so well.. it is his MO ...
    well said..ITA...as someone who is 'fluffy" I am also afraid of the things you mentioned...I think its also wrong to suggest that only a overweight man would be interested in an overweight woman that is just not the reality of the situation..but then again..since when does Fleiss know anything about real reality???
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3530567;
    well said..ITA...as someone who is 'fluffy" I am also afraid of the things you mentioned...I think its also wrong to suggest that only a overweight man would be interested in an overweight woman that is just not the reality of the situation..but then again..since when does Fleiss know anything about real reality???
    I prefer "curvy" "womanly" ...and I can hope that the manipulative mike will not derail these people into needing major therapy when all is said and done!

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3530573;
    I prefer "curvy" "womanly" ...and I can hope that the manipulative mike will not derail these people into needing major therapy when all is said and done!
    I don't either.and I will say I have seen plenty of overweight men and women who have 'self esteem' issues ..now I would not count myself among that..lol I am outspoken...independent ...loud mouth..lol..but I am 42 years old and I am comfortable with myself and happy with myself ...I just don't want to see him having these people complain about their weight issues and throwing a pity party for them..and I am scared thats where he will take it

I think I'm going to watch....(Did anyone catch the new long preview? I bet we can peg F1 in no time flat! haha)

So our man of the hour will be Luke Conley, 26. Subcontractor and Real Estate Investor from Santa Maria, CA. 6'3", 300lbs.

Our host is Emme (plus-sized model and host of other shows)

And our 20 ladies are:

- Amanda, a 23-year-old college student from Los Angeles, CA

- Anna, a 27-year-old plus-size model from San Francisco, CA who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA

- Arriane, a 37-year-old entertainer from Wichita, KS who currently resides in Santa Monica, CA

- Bonnie, a 25-year-old makeup artist and stylist from Portland, OR

- Christina, a 23-year-old student from Brighton, MI

- Danielle, a 25-year-old theater company technical director from Los Angeles, CA

- Heather, a 22-year-old cocktail waitress from Bondurant, IA who currently resides in Ankeny, IA

- Kristian, a 26-year-old substitute teacher from Wallington, NJ

- Lauren, a 26-year-old event planner from Alexandria, VA who currently resides in Atlanta, GA

- Magali, a 24-year-old teacher from Los Angeles, CA

- Malissa, a 26-year-old waitress from Los Angeles, CA

- Mandy, a 26-year-old fitness and dance instructor from Long Beach, CA

- Melissa, a 21-year-old nanny from Baton Rouge, LA who currently resides in Beverly Hills, CA

- Michelle, a 32-year-old production coordinator from Los Angeles, CA who currently resides in Orange County, CA

- Natalia, a 28-year-old makeup artist from Fort Worth, TX who currently resides in Dallas, TX

- Natasha, a 25-year-old rocket scientist from Sebastopol, CA who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA

- Sandy, a 30-year-old dancer from Meyer, IA who currently resides in New York, NY

- Shari, a 34-year-old corporate trainer from Miami, FL who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA

- Tali, a 26-year-old artist and motivational speaker from Israel who currently resides in New York, NY

- Vanessa, a 32-year-old criminal defense attorney from Los Angeles, CA
    Last edited by Ryvetted; 07-02-2009 at 11:51 AM.

missed the preview..do they have pictures posted anywhere?

I will probably end up watching but I dread the progression of the show, mostly because I am sure it will focus on the contestants' weight issues instead of a love story. I guarantee almost every clip we see will involve them talking about their weight (with regards to relationships, lifestyle, etc). EVERY SINGLE CLIP! I mean, its not like these people are just normal folki who can do PI's about the happenings of the show and the relationships--NO!--because they are overweight and therefore alien or something.

This is what bothers me because I know at least half of the season will be a psychological exploration of how overweight people feel about relationships (and I am sure MF will highlight their insecurities) instead of a simple love story.

So what next... the lovely couple will then be on "the Biggest Loser - Couples", then maybe zoom over and do The Amazing Race...

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3530567;
    I agree with the bolded BF. One of my best guy friends (who is REALLY handsome but doesn't know it) is slender but only dates heavy women. His ex wife is also heavy (about the same as me) and the recent ex GF is about 300 lbs. I would go out with him myself (and I KNOW he would go out with me) but our mutual best friend told me not to (she's way overprotective of him and thinks of him as a brother and she doesn't want my relationship with her to be weird if it doesn't work out).
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

And then there's Denny with Ruby.....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The ads I've seen for this seem to feature the women sobbing about how they are just like other women, they just want love (the implication being they think their weight has kept them from finding it). Not too good a sign.
    The guy on the other hand seems perfectly fine with the whole thing, loving every minute of it....

FYI, at meetings of the National Association for Fat Acceptance (more or less, not quite sure of the group's name), apparently one sees crowds of "chubby chasers" (the women's term)--guys who are really into heavier women, and prefer the women to dress in tight outfits that emphasize the flesh rather than the muu-muu effect. The guys are not heavy themselves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast