+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mindy Finney

Mindy Finney

Momma's Boys - NBC Site

Mindy Finney
    Hometown: Macon, GA
    I was born and raised in Macon, Georgia, which is in the very center of the state. It is a short drive to either the beach or the mountains, so I always felt it was a wonderful place to grow up. My family, friends, and school environment have all played a vital role in shaping me into the individual that I am today. My family encouraged me to persevere and have a positive outlook on life. I was a cheerleader for my entire high school career. At Georgia Southern University, I became a member of Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority and have met some of the most awesome friends one could ever wish for. I love to have a good time and am usually up for anything. I have the most AMAZING life and feel very blessed. I thank God every day for all of the wonderful opportunities that have come my way and for all of the people He has placed in my life. I guess you could say I’m your typical Southern girl… I’m polite, talk with a pretty strong accent, love the outdoors, am family-oriented, and have strong morals and beliefs. I love to laugh, have fun, and spend time with friends and family. I am very down to earth and will get along with anyone. My friends tell me that my weakness is actually being too nice at times. My son Charlie, a 10 month-old shiatsu, is spoiled rotten – just like me! He has to have ice in his water, and his food is always warm!

Re: Mindy Finney

Say it together with me...

Mindy WHO?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I like Mindy!! Besides the teacher thing, I think she's about the sweetest one on this show and JoJo thinks so too.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Here's an an article from her hometown newspaper that was published before Christmas.
    One of the girls of ‘Momma’s Boys’ - Ed Grisamore - Macon
    One of the girls of ‘Momma’s Boys’
    Monday, Dec. 22, 2008
    Between bites of calzone last Thursday night, Mindy Finney realized just how much her life has changed.

She was enjoying a meal with a friend at The Brick restaurant in Milledgeville. A man approached her table. He said he recognized her from somewhere.

He was right.

A few nights earlier, about 6 million viewers had watched Mindy and 31 other women contestants on the premiere of the reality show “Momma’s Boys” on NBC. One of the show’s producers told her she got more air time than any of the others.

For Mindy, it was her biggest stage since the sixth-grade Christmas play at Macon’s First Presbyterian Day School back in 1997.

So we must forgive Mindy if she keeps pinching herself during tonight’s second episode at 9 p.m.

It has been a whirlwind eight months since she was selected from the more than 30,000 single women who auditioned for the new dating series. The premise behind the show has the 32 finalists competing for the attention of three “eligible” bachelors, whose mothers live with them during the six-week series.

Mindy returned from shooting the show in California just in time for fall semester at Georgia Southern, where she did her student teaching in a kindergarten class at Brooklet Elementary School near Statesboro.

During the production, she signed a contract and took an oath of silence not to reveal the final outcome or any other details of the series.

“I can’t even tell my momma,” she said, laughing. “I do have some friends who have been trying to pry it out of me.”

Mindy graduated from FPD in 2004, where she was a cheerleader. Megan Broom, a sorority sister in Zeta Tau Alpha at Georgia Southern, got her started on this great adventure.

Megan was doing some promotional work with NBC and was involved with the casting auditions in Atlanta for the new show.

“They’re looking for a Southern belle, and you’re the first person I thought of,” she told Mindy.

Mindy is a sweet Southern girl, complete with a sweet Southern accent. She has strong morals and beliefs. She is a lifetime member at Clear Creek Baptist Church in Gordon. She is polite, enjoys the outdoors and is family-oriented. Right now, the love of her life is Charlie, her 10-month-old, spoiled-rotten shiatsu.

However, she didn’t have a lot of confidence in her chances.

“I thought it was pointless to even go to the audition,” she said.

Her mother, Laurie Wood, gave her a pep talk. Laurie convinced Mindy it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. She also “bribed” her with a shopping trip while they were in Atlanta.

Mindy sailed through the Atlanta audition and was summoned to the finals in Los Angeles.

She was instructed to pack her bags as if she was going to be in California for a month.

There, she was confined to her hotel room and not allowed to talk to any of the other contestants.

“I ordered room service and watched TV for a week,” she said.

After several rounds of interviews, she was whisked away with the others who made the final cut.

Their cell phones were confiscated for a month, although they were allowed to call home to tell family members they were OK after an earthquake rocked California.

Mindy was thrilled with every minute of her experience, even though it now is kind of nice not to have cameras recording her every move and being wired for sound around the clock.

“I felt like a robot,” she said. “They came around changing my battery.”

Where will it all lead? Her lips are sealed.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

“I felt like a robot,” she said. “They came around changing my battery.”
    This will be my favorite quote of this show. It should be a quote for all reality shows.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3268228;
    Here's an an article from her hometown newspaper that was published before Christmas.
    One of the girls of ‘Momma’s Boys’ - Ed Grisamore - Macon
    W-H-Y does Mrs. B. think she is not good enough for her son? Does anyone know if she and Jojo are still seeing each other? The show is making it seem like they are really falling for each other.

So Jojo has to pick between Mindy and his mom...

I love it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Premium Member

I hope JoJo picks Mindy and his Mom explodes. I know I am so bad, but Mrs. B Yikes, she is a way too controlling weird Mom IMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3275737;
    I hope JoJo picks Mindy and his Mom explodes. I know I am so bad, but Mrs. B Yikes, she is a way too controlling weird Mom IMO.
    Mindy is a flake and shows no substance. JoJo has fallen for her? He has fallen for her boobs, thats what. He will walk away with Mom, you can count on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3275798;
    Mindy is a flake and shows no substance. JoJo has fallen for her? He has fallen for her boobs, thats what. He will walk away with Mom, you can count on that one.

All boys fall for the nice boobies first!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast