Thread: Megan Albetus

Re: Megan Albetus

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3257041;
    Like Google doesn't say "Did you mean Megan Albertus?"
    Exactly

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;3256779;
    It looks like there's more to Megan than shy young animal caretaker---she's an actress too! Check out her imdb info. IMDb Name Search
    followed the link and she has responded - c/p - IMDb :: Boards :: Megan Albertus :: Megan from the show says hi!

(Quote from link posted above) Hello, it's Megan from "Momma's Boys" and I'd just like to say that I am exactly the girl you saw on the program! Unfortunately, I can't dictate what you see. I would love too claim to be infinitely cooler in person, but I'm not. For better or worse, I can honestly say that I was 100% me- even the glasses!

That being said, what happens in the editing room is beyond my control. It is also impossible for reality TV to capture how truly multifaceted people are. I love animals (kids not so much) and volunteer on a regular basis at the Lange Animal Rescue Foundation. I'm also a something of a crazy cat lady! I can be rather timid when meeting people on more than just a superficial level (especially guys), but open up when at ease. I also swear and have a dirty sense of humor- which was glossed over. Those are as much a true part of me as my love of animals and cleaning compulsion!

While I would only call myself an aspiring actress at this point, I'm a very real human being and was not acting. The mere suggestion of that stings, but I guess it comes with the territory. In actuality, I was very apprehensive about doing this show and revealing so much about me. I became an actress because I love to lose myself in roles- mainly because I'm never comfortable in my own skin. Being me made me nervous. I'm living proof that not all actresses are cool, sexy and confident.

Thanks to all for watching!
    (end quote)

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I didn't like her....actress or not, it was waaaaaay too over the top. For crying out loud....say yes and stay or say no and move on! You don't need to make it this long drawn out process. I couldn't believe all the girls were so "in love" with her. I didn't think she was THAT nice....I found it quite annoying. And now that I see she's an actress, I find it hysterical.

I had her pegged as the Chyler Leigh character in "Not Another Teen Movie." Lose the glasses and let down the hair and she's a hottie. I have no way of knowing what she's really like, but something seemed off to me...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by angelmum3;3258292;
    followed the link and she has responded - c/p - IMDb :: Boards :: Megan Albertus :: Megan from the show says hi!

(Quote from link posted above) Hello, it's Megan from "Momma's Boys" and I'd just like to say that I am exactly the girl you saw on the program! Unfortunately, I can't dictate what you see. I would love too claim to be infinitely cooler in person, but I'm not. For better or worse, I can honestly say that I was 100% me- even the glasses!

That being said, what happens in the editing room is beyond my control. It is also impossible for reality TV to capture how truly multifaceted people are. I love animals (kids not so much) and volunteer on a regular basis at the Lange Animal Rescue Foundation. I'm also a something of a crazy cat lady! I can be rather timid when meeting people on more than just a superficial level (especially guys), but open up when at ease. I also swear and have a dirty sense of humor- which was glossed over. Those are as much a true part of me as my love of animals and cleaning compulsion!

While I would only call myself an aspiring actress at this point, I'm a very real human being and was not acting. The mere suggestion of that stings, but I guess it comes with the territory. In actuality, I was very apprehensive about doing this show and revealing so much about me. I became an actress because I love to lose myself in roles- mainly because I'm never comfortable in my own skin. Being me made me nervous. I'm living proof that not all actresses are cool, sexy and confident.

Thanks to all for watching!
    (end quote)
    hmmmmmmm. Sounds like the Kurt Vonegut short story, Who Are We This Time?

I would maybe believe this if she had skipped the braids, simpering and her acting credits were not as extensive. Her appearence was not genuine. She is beautiful and her pic on imb shows that she knows how to style her hair.

This is just total BS. Why do this unless perhaps production asked her to in order to retain some credibility for their show. Tip to producers: don't bother this is an outrageously manipulated show! Don't be ashamed to admit that. We are watching it.

FORT Newbie

She used to work at Hooters and played a bikini girl in some movie.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3258570;

I would maybe believe this if she had skipped the braids, simpering and her acting credits were not as extensive. Her appearence was not genuine. She is beautiful and her pic on imb shows that she knows how to style her hair.
    As an actress myself, though in the theatre world not the screen, I just figured I'd point out that head shots are done to show off our best. Not how we look on a daily basis. So saying that it was an act and using a head shot as proof isn't exactly fair. People typically don't wear vision correction for them, either.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hollylyn;3260655;
    As an actress myself, though in the theatre world not the screen, I just figured I'd point out that head shots are done to show off our best. Not how we look on a daily basis. So saying that it was an act and using a head shot as proof isn't exactly fair. People typically don't wear vision correction for them, either.
    Point taken. However if you choose to go on TV to win a man's favor you would present yourself to attract one. She clearly knows how to do that. Keep the glasses if contacts don't work, of course but the braids on top of her head, Swedish grandma style, told me her nerd image was forced. Had to be. Look at this show!

There is no way that Michele is 25. Many women actors lie about their age.

Latest find:

She ALSO writes weird poetry and posts it on the web:

Mullet Junky

Also, this blogger has the only interview I've seen posted with Megan. It's quite long too.:

Interview with Megan Albertus of Momma’s Boys! « a certain jen ne sais kwok

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3261959;
    Latest find:

She ALSO writes weird poetry and posts it on the web:

Mullet Junky

Also, this blogger has the only interview I've seen posted with Megan. It's quite long too.:

Interview with Megan Albertus of Momma’s Boys! « a certain jen ne sais kwok
    What a quirky woman. I guess we did see the real Meagan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast