+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camilla Poindexter

Camilla Poindexter

Momma's Boys - NBC Site

Camilla Poindexter
    Hometown: Long Beach, CA
    I'm an outstanding individual with a lot of charisma from Long Beach, California. Being the only child and raised by a single mother, I learned how to make friends at a young age by participating in extra-curricular activities like tennis, tae kwon do, drill team, and dancing. I’m a full time college student majoring in broadcasting. I grew up with a loving and supportive family who helps me every step of the way. I love to travel and meet new people. I consider myself an adventurous spirit and love taking trips to Alaska, where I’ve camped, hiked, kayaked, and fished. I’m proud to say I’ve caught 40 silver salmon in 40 minutes in a fishing derby. Aside from the outdoors, I like to go out on the town with my girlfriends, have a nice dinner, and go shopping. I am working to become a host and spokesmodel. I’m looking for a respectful man who supports my broadcasting career. My favorite quote, "Never let anyone steal your sunshine," has given me the ability to become a strong, beautiful woman and to always keep my head up. I understand the value of my life and know I'm blessed.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 12-19-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Re: Camilla Poindexter

OK - so who thinks there is REAL chemistry between her and Rob? I think all of the girls like Rob. He seems to be the one with the best personality there, and I think a lot of the girls are still keeping in touch with him. But is Camilla really attracted to him in a romantic sense? And vice-versa? Will Rob go against his mom's wishes and keep seeing her?

Rob has grown to be my favorite guy out of the 3. He's not the best looking, but I completely went, "Awww..." when he pulled out the jewelry and said, "I just wanted to see you smile."

Rob should pick Camilla. I have never seen anything blossoming between Lauren and him. She's only there 'cause Esther is so hung up on her Jewish values. With Camilla, I could see a big connection between the two.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3275730;
    Rob has grown to be my favorite guy out of the 3. He's not the best looking, but I completely went, "Awww..." when he pulled out the jewelry and said, "I just wanted to see you smile."

Rob should pick Camilla. I have never seen anything blossoming between Lauren and him. She's only there 'cause Esther is so hung up on her Jewish values. With Camilla, I could see a big connection between the two.
    Mama is hung up on Rob not getting involved with a black girl, plain and simple.

Camila is a precious woman! The most compelling of the lot, for me. She will find someone to marry, down the line, whose family adores her.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3275730;
    I think he will! (And I hope he does too!)

I'm not sure that Camilla is really all that interested in Rob. I think that she likes him as he is a sweet guy and all that but I just don't see any kind of chemistry coming from Camilla. I think that they would make great friends but that's it unfortunately. Camilla is a very lovely woman, inside and out.

I think she really likes him. When you look closely in the back ground of past episodes, they seem drawn to each other. She's always reaching over to just touch him. And I if she can fake that kiss in the pool, she's a great actress. She practically had him nailed to that wall. Go ROBB!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by koolangel;3277896;
    I think she really likes him. When you look closely in the back ground of past episodes, they seem drawn to each other. She's always reaching over to just touch him. And I if she can fake that kiss in the pool, she's a great actress. She practically had him nailed to that wall. Go ROBB!!!
    They are both kind and intelligent people. I don't think she is interested in Rob beyond thinking he is a good man. Her major is broadcasting so she is headed for a media career. I believe her longevity on this show is due to her mission to stay on as long as possible for exposure. And that is not a bad thing because it does appear she is clearly enjoying herself and Rob.

Personally I'm REALLY having trouble gauging her level of sincerity on this show. It could range anywhere from non-existent to totally sincere, and for some reason I can't just get a bead on it either way.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

They're showing reruns of ANTM season 10 on Canadian tv at the moment and I'm sure I saw Camilla in the season opener.
    She obviously didn't make it onto the show, but they also almost entirely cut her out of the episode, she had virtually no face time.
    No confessionals, we didn't see her revealing her pass into each round and there was no close-up of her anxiously waiting to hear her name called.
    She seemed to be taking it all in her stride from what I could tell.
    If she wanted a close-up she should have cried, nervously chewed on her lip and acted like the her world would come crashing down around her if she didn't get chosen.
    Tyra loves that kind of crap
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread