+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 12/16 Season Premiere *Spoilers*

Re: 12/16 Season Premiere *Spoilers*

Ok Racist mom really needs to get over herself. Poor JoJo please throw Mama from the train. The one whose mom still buys his underoos. Words escape me for this collection of idiots. line of the night: "Ive spent time in Jail, I'm a non violent offender'WTF

Okay, I'm hooked. What drama this show brings!

I'm disappointed that judging from the posts in this thread, not many other people watched it. But honestly, it didn't look that great pre-show. And the name "Momma's Boys" doesn't really help either.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

the other moms seem like normal moms. These girls are really nuts to put themselves through all of this for a man or fame.

I only got to see the first ten minutes because I had to give up the remote after choosing Biggest Loser to watch earlier, but I had serious Average Joe flashbacks from the editing.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3253247;
    the other moms seem like normal moms. These girls are really nuts to put themselves through all of this for a man or fame.
    I really like the other moms. I loved it when Rob's mom said she was "verklempt" when the girls were talking about her Rob.

ETA: Michelle was on another reality show before this. She was eliminated on the first episode of Paris Hilton's My New BFF.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I wonder how many SAG card holders are in the cast. What a ridiculous show.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3253298;
    I wonder how many SAG card holders are in the cast. What a ridiculous show.
    That is exactly what my husband and I were saying last night. Every other girl seemed to be a plant.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3253328;
    That is exactly what my husband and I were saying last night. Every other girl seemed to be a plant.
    jlccaz, I was hoping you were watching "with me"! Yikes! This just can't be real, I mean how did they get Gynneth Palrow to sign on??!! Of course I am joshing, but "mousy girl' is anything but without her costume on! And something is up with racist momma and her oaf of a son. When a girl asked him if his momma liked any of his girlfriends, his answer was, "duh, I'm still single aren't I?" puleeeze... My favorite girl right now is pet of the month, eesh, so understated and seemingly smart... This is sure to be more than a mere train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3253332;
    jlccaz, I was hoping you were watching "with me"! Yikes! This just can't be real, I mean how did they get Gynneth Palrow to sign on??!! Of course I am joshing, but "mousy girl' is anything but without her costume on! And something is up with racist momma and her oaf of a son. When a girl asked him if his momma liked any of his girlfriends, his answer was, "duh, I'm still single aren't I?" puleeeze... My favorite girl right now is pet of the month, eesh, so understated and seemingly smart... This is sure to be more than a mere train wreck.
    The only saving grace is that it appears to be a romance reality show with no delusions or pretense about finding a WIFE. It is conceived and cast to be a game, with no pressure to end with a proposal of marriage. So far, anyway.

So, at least we can be spared producers pressuring people into thinking they have to end their 15 Minutes of TV-time with the "best" ending, namely, a proposal. Whether the Bachelor show will end in a proposal is the central dramatic plot element in The Bachelor. That's what creates drama during the 6 weeks of filming (Deanna panicking over Graham's refusal to play ball for TV Proposal, or getting royally Irked at the entire cast for not taking her need to end her TV Time with a proposal seriously enough, as two examples) --these people aren't good actors. So the producers have to whip them into conflict and frenzy to get footage that shows genuine emotions. When they tried to completely fake it (Bach 12) they got bad soap opera dialogue and Acting, that many saw right through.

In Momma's Boys, the Mom's provide the dramatic tension, and we don't have to obsess about whether it's TRUE LOVE. Obviously, casting and producers are whipping that cast into a frenzy over Mother/Son issues, instead of Forever Love issues.

It was horrible but impossible to turn off, which is what one review I read predicted. But you don't respect yourself in the morning for having failed to turn it off!

I couldn't stay up past the first 10-15 minutes, but as soon as prejudiced momma was saying how no jews, no blacks, no asians, no what-ever-else, I had to pack it in. I don't know if this is watchable to me. I don't mind laughing, but raising my blood pressure is not worth it in my book.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast