+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Esther Kluge

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Esther Kluge

    Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3258338;
    I think the fireman is so boring and cookie cutter that I can't even remember his name. JoJo just looks like a kid to me and I really don't like muscles. I think that Rob is totally hot and my thoughts are not clouded at all
    I think you missed the humor in my post. I was being silly. The absence of facial expression and tone can often confuse the sentiment.

    Cleary the fireman did not make a huge impression on me because I don't know his name!

  2. #12
    HELL-O DR OLIVER! stacerace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bethany, Oklahoma
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Esther Kluge

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3258568;
    I think you missed the humor in my post. I was being silly. The absence of facial expression and tone can often confuse the sentiment.

    Cleary the fireman did not make a huge impression on me because I don't know his name!
    Sorry
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

    "We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

    "Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

  3. #13
    Who is John Galt?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    983

    Re: Esther Kluge

    Evaluating Rob: IMO Rob is just average in looks, but probably superior to the other two in intelligence and education (especially to the fireman). His personality is, unfortunately, also just average. The last two attributes would definitely trump the looks part, IF his personality was better. He doesn't appeal to me at all, but I still think his mom is adorable.

  4. #14
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Esther Kluge

    Esther is making herself look much older than she is. There is no need to dress like she does or wear her hair that way. If you look closely she is very pretty but it is obscured by her style. I am 5 years older than she is and look 10 years younger. She needs a makeover.

  5. #15
    Paging Dr. House Salty Babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Floriduh
    Posts
    409

    Re: Esther Kluge

    I adore Esther,she is a sweetheart.I bet her pupils love her too.She would be a wonderful MIL and my guess is she cannot wait for grandchildren she can spoil.Every time I see her on television I want to give her a hug!
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

  6. #16
    Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In The Mist
    Age
    35
    Posts
    20,557

    Re: Esther Kluge

    I know. I love her too. She seems like a lot of fun and a total sweetheart. Which in this case would make Rob more attractive, lol.

  7. #17
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Esther Kluge

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3261212;
    I know. I love her too. She seems like a lot of fun and a total sweetheart. Which in this case would make Rob more attractive, lol.
    I know she's been flying under the radar somewhat, but I just had a chance to watch Monday's show and Esther really turned me off. Whether she'd care to admit it or not, she's just as racist as Mrs. B. Yes, I can understand trying to find a nice Jewish girl for her son, but WTH on making it the ONLY criteria. Camilla seems like she really likes Rob-- good for Rob! I can only imagine Esther's horror if she'd been told that someone wouldn't date Rob BECAUSE he was Jewish.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  8. #18
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: Esther Kluge

    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3279725;
    I know she's been flying under the radar somewhat, but I just had a chance to watch Monday's show and Esther really turned me off. Whether she'd care to admit it or not, she's just as racist as Mrs. B. Yes, I can understand trying to find a nice Jewish girl for her son, but WTH on making it the ONLY criteria. Camilla seems like she really likes Rob-- good for Rob! I can only imagine Esther's horror if she'd been told that someone wouldn't date Rob BECAUSE he was Jewish.
    I had liked her at the beginning, too. Now, they all seem pretty prejudiced. Mrs. B just happens to be more blatant about it than the others. It ws obvious that Esther was excluding Camilla based on skin color and not religion. Not a nice thing.....

  9. #19
    FORT Fogey ANTMrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,053

    Re: Esther Kluge

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3279778;
    I had liked her at the beginning, too. Now, they all seem pretty prejudiced. Mrs. B just happens to be more blatant about it than the others. It ws obvious that Esther was excluding Camilla based on skin color and not religion. Not a nice thing.....
    I think I figured out the bombshell revelations of tomorrow's finale (or rather I should say the issues NBC wants you to receive/perceive as bombshell revelations)

    #1. Erica tearfully confesses her Penthouse secret to Michael. He becomes infuriated but forgives her shortly after. Michael tells Lorraine and she gets a little upset but not as much as Michael predicted. Lorraine then asks Michael if he is falling for Erica and he says yes and she says "Well sweety that's all that matters."

    #2. Khalood is delighted to hear Jojo say he feels he's too young for a relationship. Khalood leaves us by saying "I've learned a lot about myself while I was here and I feel I've grown as a person."

    #3. Esther officially reveals some unexpected feelings in a confessional. Something like "I really can't imagine my Robby with a black girl. White I can handle, but black? Oy vey." #2 and #3 are intertwined because NBC wants us to think: "Things are not always as they appear" (or something along those lines) (NBC's didactic statement to the viewers)
    America's Next Top Best Friend!

  10. #20
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: Esther Kluge

    I've met tons of ladies like Esther. All about tolerance on the outside, but hidebound on the inside.

    I actually DO think one of her primary concerns IS the religious difference. That said, there's a second layer that certainly involves a knee-jerk reaction against an African-American girl.

    Likely if Camilla wasn't still around, and there were two shiksa blond girls versus the Jewish girl, Esther would be whining about the two of them. But in a Nikki vs. Camilla situation? Nikki's her new best friend. The eventual advice STILL would have been for Junior to dump the girl, but Nikki only breaks one of Esther's "rules", whereas Camilla breaks two.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.