+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Khalood Bojanowski

Re: Khalood Bojanowski

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3278987;
    Has this woman liked even one girl on the show? She was given two opportunities to choose a girl that she liked and passed both times. I'm wondering why she went on the show at all if that is the attitude that she has.
    She wanted a paid vacation with her son. Think about it, since she picked no one that she wanted to stay then mom gets to go on dates with JoJo now. Mindy gets a day of dates too. What better way for a mom that her son has moved away from to get to spend that "quality time" with than go on a show like this, talk bad about other races and say that NO GIRL will ever be good enough for her son. Plus she has the added bonus that no other girl will want to have anything to do with JoJo after all of this is said and done because of his mom.

I don't think any of these women, or their sons, went on this show with the idea of finding mates. All 3 mothers are quite prejudiced; Mrs. B's biases are just portrayed more covertly. Everyone on this show just seems to be in it for the 15 minutes......

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3279120;
    I don't think any of these women, or their sons, went on this show with the idea of finding mates. All 3 mothers are quite prejudiced; Mrs. B's biases are just portrayed more covertly. Everyone on this show just seems to be in it for the 15 minutes......
    I agree. But on a show like this, i.e. one that doesn't try to be anything with substance, I'm totally fine with it.

I do take issue with actor and actress wannabe's being on the bachelor. That show is supposed to be about marriage - and not the 15 minutes. The number of bimbettes has decreased the last few seasons, and I hope it stays that way. Otherwise, they need to scrap the whole proposal thing at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3278256;
    Seriously. Restricting marriage to be "within the faith" is no different than restricting marriage to be "within the race".

As much as people might justify the former and not the latter, at the end of the day, they are both exclusionary in nature.
    I actually disagree with that statement. My family is Christian and my brother married an athiest and it has caused HUGE problems. My family accepts her with no issues whatsoever. I absolutely adore my sister in law. She and my brother are so incredibly suited to one another it's like they're the same person and I love that she treats him so well and has been such a good wife to him. That's important to me because my other brother is married to a liar and a manipulator so it's nice to see at least one of them has a happy marriage...to an extent. The problem is that my brother still believes in Christianity and in God but because my sister in law doesn't (and God forbid ANYONE disagree with her!) he pretends that he believes the same way she does (I don't think she has a clue how he feels). He has sacrified so much. He can't go to church and he can't have Christmas decorations (he always LOVED doing the Christmas decorations) and he has to celebrate her Pagan holidays that he doesn't agree with. He's basically lying to his wife and to himself because he isn't allowed to express his beliefs. It's really sad and awful. I don't think she knows how much it hurts him because he just pretends to believe like she does.

All that being said, I have no doubt that Camilla would not only accept Rob's beliefs but that she would convert herself. Otherwise she wouldn't have been so interested in all the Hannukah stuff. I really think she's genuine. However, I do think that Esther's problem with Camilla is that she's black. I didn't think that at first until she decided that the blonde girl was OK. I do understand why she would want a Jewish girl though in light of the fact that her parents are holocaust survivors. That doesn't meant that they can't welcome Camilla into their family as a converted Jew.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3281184;
    I actually disagree with that statement. My family is Christian and my brother married an athiest and it has caused HUGE problems. My family accepts her with no issues whatsoever. I absolutely adore my sister in law. She and my brother are so incredibly suited to one another it's like they're the same person and I love that she treats him so well and has been such a good wife to him. That's important to me because my other brother is married to a liar and a manipulator so it's nice to see at least one of them has a happy marriage...to an extent. The problem is that my brother still believes in Christianity and in God but because my sister in law doesn't (and God forbid ANYONE disagree with her!) he pretends that he believes the same way she does (I don't think she has a clue how he feels). He has sacrified so much. He can't go to church and he can't have Christmas decorations (he always LOVED doing the Christmas decorations) and he has to celebrate her Pagan holidays that he doesn't agree with. He's basically lying to his wife and to himself because he isn't allowed to express his beliefs. It's really sad and awful. I don't think she knows how much it hurts him because he just pretends to believe like she does.

All that being said, I have no doubt that Camilla would not only accept Rob's beliefs but that she would convert herself. Otherwise she wouldn't have been so interested in all the Hannukah stuff. I really think she's genuine. However, I do think that Esther's problem with Camilla is that she's black. I didn't think that at first until she decided that the blonde girl was OK. I do understand why she would want a Jewish girl though in light of the fact that her parents are holocaust survivors. That doesn't meant that they can't welcome Camilla into their family as a converted Jew.
    I didn't say it wouldn't be difficult to marry outside of race and faith. I think that's a given in today's society.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3281195;
    I didn't say it wouldn't be difficult to marry outside of race and faith. I think that's a given in today's society.
    Interracial marriage is nothing extraordinary these days. A mere thirty years ago it was extraordinary. Heck, the mere fact that Barack Obama's parents got together 48 years ago went beyond extraordinary almost into miraculous.

But for all that this country has had a lot of politically conservative years over the last generation, as well as a frighteningly large religious right, at the same time the issue of interracial marriages has been somewhat defanged.

Religious differences and how people react can really differ though. There are still people who hold onto that even tighter. In some cases, as with Esther on this show, its an excuse to also cover something racial, but there are probably plenty of other Jewish mothers for whom the "religious difference" is probably more heartfelt--who'd reject "the shiksa" no matter what her color was.

Khalood though? Lets hope this is mostly an act, because any girl who marries her son is going to feel like killing herself inside of six months.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Mrs B likes the limelight and likes to overact

jmho
    America's Next Top Best Friend!

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox;3284350;

jmho
    Mrs B has gotten her way by acting like this. Why would she change now???

I feel sorry for anyone that gets involved with JoJo. They will have to deal with her butting in their relationship (as long as that relationship lasts). She'll never approve on anyone for her son and end of making JoJo's life H~##.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox;3284350;

jmho
    I agree, she was on the radio with Ryan Seacrest this morning, milking it some more.

Quote Originally Posted by FashionMajor;3285121;
    I agree, she was on the radio with Ryan Seacrest this morning, milking it some more.
    Here's the interview -- it will come up on "Video Spot".
    On-Air with Ryan Seacrest on 102.7 KIIS-FM
    It's only about a 3 minutes clip, but I would have loved to hear the whole thing. She was interviewed Monday to promote the finale.

She was still denying that she's racist. In the clip, she doesn't mention Mindy though. (Wonder if Mindy & JoJo are still together...)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast