+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Khalood Bojanowski

FORT Fogey

Re: Khalood Bojanowski

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3273852;
    stace, sorry for asking a question that lead you to get in trouble. Didn't mean to do that.

But I did look it up, as you suggested, and it turns out that her dog died before the show even aired. Her county's sheriff doesn't believe that the burglary or the sudden death of her dog are linked to her appearance on the show. At the time of both of those events, only commercials and previews showed Mrs. B's behavior.
    The commercials were loaded with powerful statements and clearly defined her bigotry. I have no faith in a local sheriff who makes such a statement. He does not know. No one does, and it very well could be related. The fact that the dog was not obviously murdered does create doubt, however.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3273852;
    stace, sorry for asking a question that lead you to get in trouble. Didn't mean to do that.

But I did look it up, as you suggested, and it turns out that her dog died before the show even aired. Her county's sheriff doesn't believe that the burglary or the sudden death of her dog are linked to her appearance on the show. At the time of both of those events, only commercials and previews showed Mrs. B's behavior.
    No problem CG. I should have known better than to try to post links that were questionable

I agree with Shoepie that there was plenty of footage before the show aired that the dog's death is suspicious. I saw the helecopter footage weeks before the show aired myself on TMZ.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3274398;
    The commercials were loaded with powerful statements and clearly defined her bigotry. I have no faith in a local sheriff who makes such a statement. He does not know. No one does, and it very well could be related. The fact that the dog was not obviously murdered does create doubt, however.
    I'm fully aware of what the previews showed, but I can't believe someone would go to such an extent after seeing a commercial. Really? Are they really that offended after seeing a commercial? I'm not saying the act should have been done in the first place, but why not wait until you see the whole episode before you go and do something? And yes, after watching the episode, it did turn out that Mrs. B actions from the episodes were pretty much all summed up in the previews and the commercials. But I'm still bewildered that people would go to such an extent after seeing a short clip of a then-future show, no matter how harsh her comments were.

The other thing that makes me a little doubtful that her dog was actually killed was that it's not confirmed. It was a sudden death, but there's no real evidence that it was murdered. It's only Mrs. B's suspicion that says that her dog was poisoned.

If her dog was actually murdered, then shame on the murderer. It's horrible, and it doesn't really achieve anything. But I'm still a little doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3268158;
    I think all the moms are in a similar boat with Mrs. B in that they all want a specific kind of girl for their sons. But because Mrs. B is so specific in what she wants, she has gotten the audience's attention instead of Lorraine and Esther.

This past episode, Esther clearly stated that she didn't want Rob to pick Camilla for the trip because she wanted her family's Jewish background to be continued with her son, and she didn't think Camilla would be the girl to do that. But the difference between Esther and Mrs. B was that Esther stated her opinion in a non-overt manner. With Mrs. B, she made her opinion known to every single person in the house. And not to mention that she was pretty harsh with the way she said it, like how she called girls with a higher weight "big butt girls."

IMO, if Mrs. B had not overtly stated her opinion, then she wouldn't have been met with such harsh criticism, just like Esther hasn't.
    I have to continue my post a little more after seeing the episode.

I now find Esther to be more prejudice than Mrs. B is. Mrs. B wasn't afraid to put out all the qualities she doesn't like, but in the end, even someone who fits the role of the perfect girl (Mindy) wasn't enough for Mrs. B. She just wants the perfect woman for her son, and I don't think that perfect woman even exists.

Esther, on the other hand, was totally prejudice when he kept insisting that Rob eliminate Camilla. She explains herself very well, which is probably why she hasn't been met with such animosity like Mrs. B did, but why was she only targeting Camilla when Niki isn't Jewish either? She may be looking for the right girl that can fit with her family's religion, but she contradicted herself when she insisted that Niki was a good choice also if he doesn't end up picking Lauren.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I agree. They are both bigots, one is just more reserved and cagey in her presentation. Shame on both of them.

I don't think Mrs B wants Jojo to have a relationship with, or heaven forbid, marry, anyone.
    She doesn't like either of the women that went on holiday with them, but didn't bother picking anyone to go when she had the chance.
    Any time she's asked to pick someone for her son she refuses. Even if her perfect woman existed she probably still wouldn't pick her because that might mean she wouldn't have as much control over Jojo.
    I doubt Jojo will stand up to his mother until he finds his perfect woman. It's probably not worth the hassle of upsetting her just because he wants to be his own man for once.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Who is John Galt?

What I find amusing about this woman's bigotry is that she is a "minority" in the USA. Aren't Arabs considered to be Asians, like East Indians and Pakistani's? They are not Europeans, they are Middle Easteners and are as much Asian as the Far Easteners like Chinese, Japanese, etc., but are not Orientals. Therefore, it is interesting that she wants her son to only be with a "white" girl when he is really only half "white" himself. This is a prime example of why prejudice and bigotry are so very stupid and idiotic. The USA is such a melting pot that to hang onto old ethnocentric preferences is ridiculous. Actually, I don't think any woman, no matter what race, religion, or ethnicity she is would satisfy this woman. Poor Jojo.
    Last edited by aname2; 01-13-2009 at 05:40 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3275797;
    I agree. They are both bigots, one is just more reserved and cagey in her presentation. Shame on both of them.
    Seriously. Restricting marriage to be "within the faith" is no different than restricting marriage to be "within the race".

As much as people might justify the former and not the latter, at the end of the day, they are both exclusionary in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3247470;

Khalood Bojanowski (Jojo's Mom)
    Hometown: Washington Township, MI

I was born in Basra, Iraq. When I was kid, my family and I escaped Iraq and immigrated to the United States to make a better life for us. I am thankful to be married to my wonderful husband Jerry. Both of my kids are my world. My daughter Fallon is our little princess while my son Jojo will always be my momma’s boy. I love watching him play NCAA hockey at Nichols College.

I have a German shepherd, four Chihuahuas, and two ferrets. I am an animal lover, and want the world to know that I hate hunting because I believe there is already enough food out there.

I am very opinionated and will tell it like it is whether you want to hear it or not. However, I truly do have a good heart and am a very generous person. I will do anything to make someone happy. I don't like to receive, but love to give. Basically, I am a softie with a hard exterior.

I just started watching this show LAST week. Jojo is so cute. I decided to click on this thread about his mom and she states she loves watching him play hockey at Nichols College..............hmmm..... ......Nichols College is probably 5 minutes away from my MA home!!!! So I googled Nichols College to see if by chance there is another one in the country.....nope this is what I found on the college website........

Gerald Bojanowski Washington MI Dean's High Honors

Jojo must be a pretty smart fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3278259;

Gerald Bojanowski Washington MI Dean's High Honors

Jojo must be a pretty smart fellow.

As I said in another thread, I think he's a lot more mature than he seems too. And hasn't he been on his own for a while? He's also an RA in one of the dorms. He's a top athlete. His mom should definitely be proud of him. He sounds like an overachiever. I think a lot of Mrs. B. is an act, driven by producers. I think he and Mindy make a good pair. Let's see what happens!

Has this woman liked even one girl on the show? She was given two opportunities to choose a girl that she liked and passed both times. I'm wondering why she went on the show at all if that is the attitude that she has.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast