+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: August 11 Episode Thread

Re: August 11 Episode Thread

Im glad Craig turned out to be the mole. He was one of my picks from the 1st episode.

I missed the last 15 minutes of the show. Our station went out.
    Chittlins forever y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by RyGal;3163285;
    This finale is funny! I feel bad for Nicole.
    The only thing I'm sorry about regarding Nicole is that she wasn't eliminated in Paul's place. She presented herself as a whiner and a bitch and then had the nerve to resent that the others thought she was a whiner and a bitch. She didn't need the money so she didn't contribute in a positive way to the money pot. She had no clear idea who the mole was throughout, because she was too busy trying to mislead others that she was the mole.

I'm thrilled that Mark won and liked him almost from the start. Calling himself a Putz, was just gravy. Several times throughout the show he commented on how agreeable the others were with Craig's failures. He decided on the Mole's identity based on reasoning abilities at the end. Mark needed the money and probably contributed the most (in a positive way) to the money pot. I wonder if his wife was still there from the previous visit or if she had to make a return trip.

On the first ep I said that we should be able to eliminate the elderly and non-physically fit contestants as suspects for the Mole for those reasons, but before the show ended I reasoned out that they would make great Moles, because no one would expect them to do well at challenges which gave them a free pass to fail at will. When the grandma caught her bag going over the falls I zeroed in on her, but once she and (later) feeble Bobby were eliminated Craig was my #1 suspect as the Mole. Also despite how nice and funny the others thought Craig was, I suspect in real life he is a jerk, but a jerk that is capable of projecting a positive image of himself. I mentioned after he was hopitalized that he must be the Mole or they wouldn's have let him return to the show. That incident may make them reconsider selecting non-physically fit people to be the Mole. His girl-friend said he would either win or turn out to be the Mole. I too am shocked that he is only 30 yrs old. When he was talking about looking at Mark as a mentor I had a hard time accepting it, because Craig seemed older than Mark to me.

I still don't understand Bobby's feebleness. Can someone clarify that for me. Also Nicole's apparent stupidity in any and all thought provoking challenges.

I hope the show returns. The "clues" are ridiculous and I don't bother looking for them.
    Last edited by dberk; 08-12-2008 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3163603;
    I agree. And half of them pointed to the three finalists so how could they even have been useful!
    That's an excellent point! We weren't searching among the players for the final three...we were searching for the mole!

The clues are pretty much useless. If you go by clues, one week it is Victoria (Victoria Falls), another it is Clay (Clay pigeons), and on and on.

I think you have to look to behavior, challenges, etc. to pick the mole. But either way it is fun.

And kudos to whoever caught the CRG in back of Mark in the jail cell. I remember dismissing it at the time, but you were right!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I had picked Craig for the mole pretty much from Day 1. I could not really see him as a competitor and, with all his fumbles, coupled with his affability, I figured he was the natural choice to be the mole. I knew Mark was going to win it and I was real happy for him. He seemed like a very nice guy and he really worked hard at the win, so totally glad for him!

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3163704;
    Also Nicole's apparent stupidity in any and all thought provoking challenges.
    I stand firmly by my conviction that Nicole is far too stupid to be a doctor, therefore she must be the mole. I don't care how many people (and that includes the producers) think that Craig is the mole.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

That was a good wrap-up. I'm glad Mark won--teachers get terrible pay.

As usual, gotta say the hidden clues were really idiotic, for the most part. The only good ones were the iiii behind Clay's head (but that was still obscure with the four-eyes) and the backward sound (but how was I, an average viewer, supposed to replay that backward? And I could barely understand the words anyway).

Like I'm going to pick up on the Lat/Long of San Diego?! I don't know the coordinates of my own town. And I didn't remember Craig was from San Diego, and I'm not invested enough to care about details like that.

What I would prefer to see are a hint accompanying the clue, such as an episode where the contestants have to figure out lat/long, maybe reference to their home lat/longs, and THEN including the lat/long of the mole somewhere (and NOT info on the final three players!). Mole producers apparently think we're more dedicated viewers than we are...

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3163704;
    I'm thrilled that Mark won and liked him almost from the start. Calling himself a Putz, was just gravy. Several times throughout the show he commented on how agreeable the others were with Craig's failures. He decided on the Mole's identity based on reasoning abilities at the end. Mark needed the money and probably contributed the most (in a positive way) to the money pot. I wonder if his wife was still there from the previous visit or if she had to make a return trip.
    They said, if i recall, that it had been 12 or 13 weeks since they took their last quiz.. so I think it is safe to assume that it was a new trip, and maybe NOT in South America at that point. Not to mention she looked VERY preggers since the last show she was on.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky;3163818;
    That was a good wrap-up. I'm glad Mark won--teachers get terrible pay.

As usual, gotta say the hidden clues were really idiotic, for the most part. The only good ones were the iiii behind Clay's head (but that was still obscure with the four-eyes) and the backward sound (but how was I, an average viewer, supposed to replay that backward? And I could barely understand the words anyway).

Like I'm going to pick up on the Lat/Long of San Diego?! I don't know the coordinates of my own town. And I didn't remember Craig was from San Diego, and I'm not invested enough to care about details like that.

What I would prefer to see are a hint accompanying the clue, such as an episode where the contestants have to figure out lat/long, maybe reference to their home lat/longs, and THEN including the lat/long of the mole somewhere (and NOT info on the final three players!). Mole producers apparently think we're more dedicated viewers than we are...

They said that some of the clues were for Die Hards.. there were a few I found and picked Craig from that point on to be the Mole.. the biggest being the CRG on the wall behind Mark in the Jail Cell. I think i was the only one that mentioned it when I saw it.. but it was so long ago I could be wrong

The other big one was the Baby/schoolbell/laugh one that a lot of us picked up on. Mostly Nicole's part (baby crying) but people hit on that one right away.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 08-12-2008 at 03:56 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3163809;
    I stand firmly by my conviction that Nicole is far too stupid to be a doctor, therefore she must be the mole. I don't care how many people (and that includes the producers) think that Craig is the mole.
    Oh, you are funny.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3164006;
    Oh, you are funny.
    You can earn all C's and still be a doctor, if that helps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast