+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: August 4 Episode Thread - spoilers

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: August 4 Episode Thread - spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3157010;
    when do the bitchiest contestants win? Flo (and Zack) on The Amazing Race, and it was AWFUL.

I'm hoping that Mark wins, but I think Nicole is a lot smarter than she lets on with her lame ability to answer questions and find map coordinates, as that is all her "strategy" to confuse Mark into picking her as the Mole so she can win.
    I was going in another direction with my thought after that.. when do the real nice ones win.. Jon and Kris TAR (dindt win, but should have), Kathy Survivor 4 (didn't like Vecepia at all), Casey or even Dale on Top Chef. I know some may be opinion but I feel the wrong person ends up winning more.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3157010;
    when do the bitchiest contestants win? Flo (and Zack) on The Amazing Race, and it was AWFUL.

I'm hoping that Mark wins, but I think Nicole is a lot smarter than she lets on with her lame ability to answer questions and find map coordinates, as that is all her "strategy" to confuse Mark into picking her as the Mole so she can win.

LOL, and almost every season of Big Brother!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3157381;
    I was going in another direction with my thought after that.. when do the real nice ones win.. Jon and Kris TAR (dindt win, but should have), Kathy Survivor 4 (didn't like Vecepia at all), Casey or even Dale on Top Chef. I know some may be opinion but I feel the wrong person ends up winning more.
    Actually, I think you're right. Thinking about it more, a lot more of the evil characters and the boring characters have won over the likable ones. TAR has had many unlikable winners (Eric & Danielle, Freddy & Kendra to name a few). Big Brother is another, but that show is different since the editors have no clue who's going to win. So they're pretty much going to show what they have instead of trying to show everyone in a positive light.

So now, this just makes me even more hopeful. I know a lot of people don't like her because she, along with Paul, have been portrayed as the villains. As for me, I think Nicole has been great, but that's just my opinion.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3157275;
    I think Nicole was edited in episode one to be an UberBitch in order to create a villain for the viewers, and one that they knew would make it to the finale, but lose.
    That doesn't really wash, because the majority of her bitchy behavior is right out of her own mouth. There's not much contextual in witnessing the 'tude she pulls. The only thing we don't know for sure is how often she cops that 'tude. But at the very least its been enough to fill a LOT of screen time.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

LG.

Nicole said in Episode 2 that she was intentionally pulling back her "diva act" that she knew she had on in full force in Episode 1 when she refused to sleep outside and ended up being voted "biggest whiner." Being a "diva" was part of her game strategy - she even mentioned it in her pre-show profile on the ABC website (which we have here in the first post of her contestant thread). There was no editing "in" of Nicole - just a question about how frequently she did that.

As for Survivor - the producers know who wins. They just don't tell the contestants (and maybe not Jeff either, but I suspect that he knows). They absolutely edit the story for greatest dramatic effect. And sometimes that "drama" is - arrrrrgh, I can't believe that person won. I will go and complain about this to everyone I know, go on the internet and rant, etc. It's free publicity.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I think this Monday's episode was not about who was the Mole but about who knows who the mole is. Mark still seems clueless to who is actually the mole in this episode.

His getting the dossier was either a last ditch effort to find out who the mole is or a ploy to get Nicole to think that he doesn't know who the mole is.

I though Craig's concern over Mark reading the dossier was actually Craig thinking "Dude! You still don't know who the mole is by now? Other than a 20 piece band marching down the street telling you that I am the mole, what more proof do you need?"

That is assuming that Craig is the mole.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3157993;
    That doesn't really wash, because the majority of her bitchy behavior is right out of her own mouth. There's not much contextual in witnessing the 'tude she pulls. The only thing we don't know for sure is how often she cops that 'tude. But at the very least its been enough to fill a LOT of screen time.
    Yes, she obviously gave them the material to use by acting that way. But the producers decide what we see and don't see. Paul is just as abrasive, but we didn't see that as clearly until later. They played up her natural bitchiness to give us someone to root against.

Nicole = Whiney, bitchy.
    Paul = Abrasive, Jerk.
    Mark = Obsessive Soccar Dad.

All three of them got a somewhat unflattering edit. With Paul and Nicole I think it was a part of a plan on how to play the game. With Mark, not so much. I think it is just how he reacts to stress.

Speaking of which, one thing I thought was kind of refreshing and made me like Paul more, in his post boot comments when Jon asked if he had made friends, I thought he gave the most honest answer ever to come out of a reality contestants mouth. Kudos to Paul.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3155600;
    - There was this fast-paced voice thing that played when the show cut to commercial break. Possibly a clue?
    It is Jon Kelley saying something backwards and sped up:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Craig buried Paul

I posted a short audio clip on youtube but cannot link to it here. You can probably find it by searching for the Spoiler words above, but it's not showing up in the search results yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ahecht;3159133;
    It is Jon Kelley saying something backwards and sped up:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Craig buried Paul

I posted a short audio clip on youtube but cannot link to it here. You can probably find it by searching for the Spoiler words above, but it's not showing up in the search results yet.
    Yeah, I used Audacity and recorded the audio from the online episode and then toyed around with it. Although I heard other things at first, that does seem to be what it says.

+ Reply to Thread