+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Evn
    FORT Regular

Re: 7/28 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Wait, why do we know that Paul and Nicole were targeting craig?
    The only proof I've seen of that is when Paul and Nicole claimed they were targeting craig... to the other contestants.
    Wouldn't it be in Nicole and Paul's best interest to lie about whom they were targeting, when speaking to the group?

FORT Fogey

Let's not forget the editing. We are not being shown as much as they see. We have much less to go on than the contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3147918;
    Let's not forget the editing. We are not being shown as much as they see. We have much less to go on than the contestants.
    Nor do we even know, for sure, what they actually think. This is Reality Editing 101.

Say that I go into a Reality Show Confessional and say "I think shoepie is the Mole". The producers say, "Cool, now can you explain for us some other Moley things the other folks have done?" And because they asked I also talk a bit about Molish things LG and AsIs have done.

Skip on over to the editing room. Mr. Producer says to Mr. Editor:

"Okay, dude... edit out the part where Krom talks about suspecting shoepie and put some dramatic music behind what he says about AsIs!"

Instantly it looks like I REALLY suspect AsIs instead of shoepie.

Big Brother does this too (and we all know it if we've ever seen or read about the live feeds). Except in that case the editing is more centered around who they are targeting for eviction.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

LOL, Krom you promised not to tell anyone I was the Mole. They all think it is IC!

I am basing Paul and Nicole thinking that Craig is the Mole from the conversation at dinner. With Mark having the exemption, they said to each other that it was 50/50 that one of them would be eliminated. Totally ignoring any possibility that Craig could be eliminated. Hence, I believe they believe that Craig is the Mole.
    Last edited by AsIs; 07-29-2008 at 06:21 PM. Reason: adding content about Craig
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3148305;
    LOL, Krom you promised not to tell anyone I was the Mole. They all think it is IC!

I am basing Paul and Nicole thinking that Craig is the Mole from the conversation at dinner. With Mark having the exemption, they said to each other that it was 50/50 that one of them would be eliminated. Totally ignoring any possibility that Craig could be eliminated. Hence, I believe they believe that Craig is the Mole.
    I agree, plus if you go back the week before, Nicole was talking to Clay about being suspicious of Craig.
    But then, if the mole is Nicole, she is just trying to throw the others onto Craig---and last week Clay went and now Paul. So confusing.
    I still think the mole is Craig. The dinner conversation totally excluded Craig, like he was the wallpaper and not even sitting there.

I agree as well. When I was watching the dinner, Paul and Nicole were talking as if Craig was not even part of the game. When Paul said that it's either him or Nicole (because Mark has exemption), to which Nicole agreed, it became obvious that they were both going for Craig. Paul saying that the mole is definitely not Nicole means he is targeting either Craig or Mark and since Mark had the exemption, he believed that Craig is the mole.

Mark knew that this is the most important exemption of all and he wanted to get it bad. Luckily, he's the smartest of the group and was able to solve the puzzle quicker than the others. I believe Mark has figured that either Craig or Nicole is the mole from weeks back but he is keeping his cards close to his chest now that Clay is gone. I would say though that he and Clay were thinking that Nicole is the mole however Clay approached Nicole and both of them said that they think it's Craig. That same night, Clay was eliminated in a tie. If Clay and Mark targeted Nicole, and Clay got eliminated, Mark would think that they had the tie and Clay just happen to be slower than him. Also, it meant it was not Nicole if everyone else was targeting someone else. The possibility of all 4 targeting Craig was high also and Clay just happened to be the slowest in answering the questions. This would leave me into the conclusion that Paul, Nicole and Mark already knew that Craig is the mole coming into the next episode (final 4).

Even with that fingerprint clue posted here earlier of Paul being the mole, I Paul is just too much into the game to be the mole. Mark is even more intense and passionate about the game. His going for exemptions early on were his strategies to make everyone suspicious of him. Nicole is the next best guess to be the mole but she's too out there. Making it too obvious to make everyone think she's the mole didn't deceive me or Paul.

I've noticed that sometimes Craig doesn't even look at the camera when he says that he's not the mole or making statements where he could be lying. I just don't think Craig is good liar. He also is too calm to be a contestant. I remember Bill of Mole 2 (i think he's awesome, love him!). He was too calm also such that I didn't feel any urgency in him. I knew it ever since Victoria got eliminated. Craig you are my favorite but you are the MOLE!!!!

This show even made an impression on hubby. He said he remembers the Celebrity Mole season where Corbin Bersen was spotting clues all over the place even when they weren't there. He thought that was funny. I told him that's what the fans do, too, and it makes the game fun for them.

Personally, I don't get into mysteries. I enjoy this show, but not on the basis of thinking I know who the mole is. For the previous 2 weeks I thought Paul was the mole, so obviously I am not a very good judge of things like that. I've also been pretty convinced that Mark is not the mole, so based on my lousy guessing abilities, maybe he really is, lol. He is certainly smart enough to be. And Nicole has had her moments. But since I have weak "whodunnit" antennae, I'm willing to believe you all that it is Craig. Guess we'll know soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3147918;
    I have felt that all along, which is another reason I don't put a lot of effort into trying to figure it all out. It seems clear they edit the show to steer the viewers towards certain conclusions and away from others. Yet another reason to suspect Craig - imo he has gotten the least air time of those remaining, which could mean the producers were trying the distract attention away from him so we'd be surprised at the end.
    Last edited by Harvest; 07-30-2008 at 02:27 AM.

I have no clue; I was just sure it was Alex until he got booted. Now, I think Krom is the Mole.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I was sad to see that Alex is gone. I think he thought Craig was the mole and he's wrong. I was happy to see Mark win the exemption; he's worked hard to get money into the pot without apparently throwing any competition. I would be shocked if he was the mole. That would be a pretty cool cover though. Do the best you can go get a lot of money and no-one would suspect you.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3148949;
    I was happy to see Mark win the exemption; he's worked hard to get money into the pot without apparently throwing any competition. I would be shocked if he was the mole. That would be a pretty cool cover though. Do the best you can go get a lot of money and no-one would suspect you.
    The mole gets the money he prevents from getting into the pot, either the exact amount or extra added for each dollar. Something anyway. It would not benefit the mole or the show if the mole cruised through without sabotaging challenges. There would be no point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast