+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suspicious or Unsuspicious? - Season 5 **Possible Spoilers**

Suspicious or Unsuspicious? - Season 5 **Possible Spoilers**

We're finally down to the final 4!

And because we're so close to the finale, I thought it would be a good idea if we have a thread where we talk about the suspicious and unsuspicious things each player has done. That way, we can get a better idea of who's the mole and who probably isn't.

Even though I marked this thread with a "**Possible Spoilers**" in the title, this isn't a thread to talk about hidden clues or other spoilers, like the clues that are posted on the official site. There are other threads that are appropriate for that.

Suspicious
    - Didn't grab the money bag but still held the sympathy from others (Episode 1)
    - One of the people who failed in the soccer match (not very suspicious, but I'm including it) (Episode 2)
    - Broke the rules in the "Fruit of the Luge" mission by talking past the "No Talking" zone (Episode 3)
    - Kept $2,000 out of the pot by not taking part in the "Who Said That?" mission and also got to keep his journal (though the whole reason for his absence was his health, so this may not be suspicious) (Episode 4)
    - Went for an exemption by giving the others nearly impossible means of transportation (Episode 5)
    - Along with Nicole, did not answer many questions in the "Grapes of Cache" mission (Episode 6)
    - It looked like he tried to trick Nicole in the "Go Figure" challenge by saying they were at "56" when they were really at "55". (Episode 7)

Unsuspicious
    - Almost singlehandedly helped the team win a lot of money in the "When Pigs Fly" mission (Episode 2)
    - Found the laundromat where the players' clothes were being held and came to the restaurant in time in the "Dress Code" mission (Episode 3)
    - Reached the top in the "Midas Rush" challenge with loads of money in his backpack despite becoming very ill (I don't know if this should be considered unsuspicious, but I thought I would include it anyway) (Episode 4)
    - Like everyone else, he grabbed the key in the "All for One" challenge; but unlike everyone else, he was the first to be chosen, meaning the other players trusted him the most (Again, I don't know if this is unsuspicious, but I'll include it anyway)(Episode 5)

Suspicious
    - Received an exemption with Kristen by reaching the summit before all of the other plays, keeping $35,000 out of the pot (Episode 2)
    - Refused to participate in the "Dress Code" mission even though he was the first one to take off his robe, which made it seem like he didn't mind being in his boxers (Episode 3)
    - Tried (and succeeded) to get the whole team to quit the "Travelers" mission (Episode 5)

Unsuspicious
    - One of the few that grabbed the bag in the first mission (Episode 1)
    - Along with the other appraisers, correctly identified 3 items that would be present in the year 1704 while the other 2 items were yet to be found (Episode 1)
    - In the process of getting an exemption with Kristen in the "Race to the Summit" challenge, Jon offered the two of them to take a cab to the top if they wanted to take $5,000 out of the pot. Mark immediately said no to the offer. (Episode 2)
    - He and Kristen were the only ones to get all 7 fruits right and follow the rules in the "Fruit of the Luge" challenge. (Episode 3)
    - Visibly upset when his journal got burned (if he was the mole, then he wouldn't need his journal that much) (Episode 4)
    - Almost singlehandedly won the "Grapes of Cache" challenge by enduring the treadmill for about an hour AND answering close to all of the questions (Episode 6)
    - Was shown doing a lot of the math in the "Go Figure" mission (Episode 7)
    - As the person Clay and Nicole most trusted, he answered at least 3 questions correct for each person, which in turn allowed Clay and Nicole to see their loved one. (Episode 7)

Suspicious
    - One of the people who failed in the soccer match (not very suspicious, but I'm including it) (Episode 2)
    - Repeated one of the fruits twice to Alex in the "Fruit of the Luge" mission, causing Alex to only get 1/7 fruits right (Episode 3)
    - Packed little gold bricks in her backpack in the "Midas Rush" mission (I'm including this though it's not very suspicious) (Episode 4)
    - Got Kristen's answer disqualified in the "Who Said That?" mission and did not answered her own question, which she didn't even attempt (Episode 4)
    - Joined the "Mole Mutiny" with all of the others in the "Travelers" mission (Episode 5)
    - Along with Craig, did not answer many questions in the "Grapes of Cache" mission (Episode 6)
    - Came back with "227" as the answer in the "Go Figure" mission, even though it was obviously wrong (I really think that she forgot that the middle "2" was already identified to be wrong, but I'll include this anyway) (Episode 7)

Unsuspicious
    - One of the few that grabbed the bag in the first mission (Episode 1)
    - Since she was voted as the "Whiniest" of the group in the Robinson Crusoe mission, she had to split the group into scavengers, appraisers, and timekeepers. IMO, she picked the best people she could. She picked Mark (a history teacher), Kristen (a neuroscientist), and Liz (as some say: the older you are, the wiser you are) and Ali and Paul as the timekeepers (who both look physically fit). That left less-than-athletic people to be scavengers (examples: Craig, Bobby), but I think Nicole actually tried to group everyone in the best group. (Episode 1)
    - Along with Bobby and Craig, she came back to the restaruant in time with everyone's clothes from the laundromat in the "Dress Code" mission (Episode 3)
    - Did the best at the "Ticket to Ride" mission, going through each of the questions with Clay and even going through all of them a second time (Episode 7)

Suspicious
    - Missed the bag in the "Over the Falls" challenge (Episode 1)
    - Laid down on the sand and quit scooping sand during "Robinson Crusoe" mission, even though the timer was still going (Episode 1)
    - Sacrificed $1,000 for an exemption (Episode 2)
    - Not that suspicious, but failed to get 2 fruits right in the "Fruit of the Luge" misson (Episode 3)
    - Also not as suspicious, but missed his "Who Said That?" question (Episode 4)
    - Joined the "Mole Mutiny" with all of the others in the "Travelers" mission (Episode 5)
    - Gave Alex and Clay the wrong coordinates during the "Grapes of Cache" mission (Episode 6)
    - Did not do much of the math in the "Go Figure" mission and also got his group lost (Episode 7)

Unsuspicious
    - Alex and he came to the restaurant the earliest in the "Dress Code" mission. Although Alex's spanish came in handy, Paul also did some work by finding some fellow New Yorkers. (Episode 3)

If there's anything else to add, feel free to post it in this thread. There must be more because I'm shocked that I couldn't find more unsuspicious things that Paul has done.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Re: Suspicious or Unsuspicious? - Season 5 **Possible Spoilers**

CRAIG:
    - In "Robinson Crusoe", the only item he is shown bringing back is the sign from the Mole which clearly wasn't a real artifact (as Mark said, "That's not funny").
    - In "Go Figure" when the team figured out that the last number was 233 and everyone was shouting "233" he waited until only a few seconds were left and said "231?" and started to type it in (although the other players loudly and quickly corrected him).

Also, he said "56" when they were really at "61" (not 55)
    Last edited by ahecht; 07-22-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahecht;3141093;
    Also, he said "56" when they were really at "61" (not 55)
    No, I watched it over again while doing the list. After tallying the numbers and landing on 55, Nicole forgot and asked where they were. Craig responded with "56".
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I thought he was saying that they had been on 50 and got 56 when adding 6. Nicole correctly thought they were on 55 and got 61 when adding. It doesn't matter, it was still suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by ahecht;3141134;
    I thought he was saying that they had been on 50 and got 56 when adding 6. Nicole correctly thought they were on 55 and got 61 when adding. It doesn't matter, it was still suspicious.
    Oh yes, you're right. Sorry about that.

And yeah, oh well, it's still suspicious either way.

LG.

I love this thread.

Good work, gang. I'll have to come back and think about it more after I finish this week's Smack-a-Mole.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3141194;
    I love this thread.

Good work, gang. I'll have to come back and think about it more after I finish this week's Smack-a-Mole.
    Thanks.

It took me so long to complete that long list.

+ Reply to Thread