+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: July 21 Episode Thread

Re: July 21 Episode Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3140740;
    I agree with you about Craig wearing the hat. Since only one person was wearing or not wearing a hat it gives unfair advantage. LOL, I probably didn't complain about that one since I think he is the Mole so it wouldn't matter.
    There have been many questions that have been talking about one specific person ("Did the Mole wear a hat?", "Did the Mole go back to a plaza to answer a clue?"). And the way I see it, I would just answer "no" to all of the questions that talk about one specific person. You'll have more of a chance of getting it right than getting it wrong.

So even though Nicole or Craig have an advantage with those questions, I think the other plays still have a high chance of getting that question right.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3140517;
    HOWEVER, she told her mom "I couldn't do it" which indicated to me that she didn't try to tank the quiz, but still could have tied, who knows.
    I think Nicole didn't throw it. She told her mom that she couldn't do it, to which her mom responded with saying, "Omarosa." Then Nicole said, "Leave me alone, ma."

We all know who Omarosa is. We all know that she can't stop going on reality shows, where she finds 15 minutes more of fame and gets loads of cash while she's at it. So I think Nicole's mom was saying that Nicole was being like Omarosa by not quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;3140815;
    I saw that too, Lobeck. I don't know if that normally happens or not, but I did notice it.
    I've been watching the second season of the Mole on the internet, and they did the cursor thing again on the first quiz. But I don't think it was a clue to indicate who the mole was.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 07-22-2008 at 05:15 PM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

LG.

They have asked that Male or Female question as the first question of every quiz on every season I think, but they've never actually run out of either gender before. It was completely neutral at the beginning of the season as they started with equal numbers. I take it as an advantage to Nicole since Kristen left, but she also is disadvantaged by the fact that she is the last woman standing and doesn't have any females to bond with. Even though she seems abrasive, Kristen and Nicole seemed to get along, and she doesn't have that now with anyone, especially now that Clay is gone, as I know that she had a bond with him as well (as evidenced in her "we's people" comment from last night).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Newbie

well, i don't think the male female question helps nicole fly by because everybody already knows that question is going to be on the quiz, so they can think of their answer ahead of time. and, even though the contestants pretend they think one person is the mole, i think most of hem play the odds, and since nicole's probably not the mole, i don't think anyone's screwed over by that queston. plus thats a standard question, the producers couldn't have known the gender breakdown.

on another note, on the loved one train questions game, why didn't each contestant just answer the same answer for each question. it's not like the answers had to match the loved one's answers. they could have been anything. remembering the word bologna 30 times would have been way easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ElChupaBobra;3140967;
    on another note, on the loved one train questions game, why didn't each contestant just answer the same answer for each question. it's not like the answers had to match the loved one's answers. they could have been anything. remembering the word bologna 30 times would have been way easier.
    Very smart, but would TPTB let them get away with it?

I could NEVER be the Mole and keep my mouth shut about it, but if I were the chosen one I'd never play the game the way Nicole and Paul have. Craig has had to do very little in the way of moley things since so many other people have jumped into the act to mess with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3140113;
    I think you're right on, Noodle. Nicole wants to leave her job as a doctor to be a reality tv personality, the next Omarosa, and her mom thinks that is a terrible idea (8 years in school studying to be a doctor - she did whip that out) and that she should go back to her job and stop chasing this dream. And I was pretty sure Nicole wasn't actually trying to ditch, that she was using that as cover in case she was the one to go.
    Completely agree.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3140851;
    There have been many questions that have been talking about one specific person ("Did the Mole wear a hat?", "Did the Mole go back to a plaza to answer a clue?"). And the way I see it, I would just answer "no" to all of the questions that talk about one specific person. You'll have more of a chance of getting it right than getting it wrong.

So even though Nicole or Craig have an advantage with those questions, I think the other plays still have a high chance of getting that question right.

I think Nicole didn't throw it. She told her mom that she couldn't do it, to which her mom responded with saying, "Omarosa." Then Nicole said, "Leave me alone, ma."

We all know who Omarosa is. We all know that she can't stop going on reality shows, where she finds 15 minutes more of fame and gets loads of cash while she's at it. So I think Nicole's mom was saying that Nicole was being like Omarosa by not quitting.

I've been watching the second season of the Mole on the internet, and they did the cursor thing again on the first quiz. But I don't think it was a clue to indicate who the mole was.
    Now see i took it as mom calling her out on being a bitch, but thats just me
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I still haven't a clue who the mole is. But I am really enjoying the show!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by ElChupaBobra;3140967;
    the producers couldn't have known the gender breakdown.
    I get your points. I am confused by the above statement though. What do you mean that they couldn't have known the breakdown? It's not like the questions are created before the season starts - they are created after events unfold. So, yes, the producers most certainly know the gender breakdown when the quizzes are created.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3142025;
    I get your points. I am confused by the above statement though. What do you mean that they couldn't have known the breakdown? It's not like the questions are created before the season starts - they are created after events unfold. So, yes, the producers most certainly know the gender breakdown when the quizzes are created.
    But it's been a tradition that the first question asks about the gender of the mole. It shouldn't be taken out even though there's only 1 female and it's giving her a huge advantage...that would just make things suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3140152;
    I thought the same thing. I wasn't interested in attending her pity party and was disgusted that she had the nerve to say that the others didn't like or respect her because she was black and a woman.
    That bothered me, too.
    I think her attitude is holding her back from being all that she can be, because other than the obnoxious persona that I hope was adopted as a strategy, I think she pretty much "has it all" -- Beautiful, sassy, accomplished, funny, charming, likable, articulate, great job, really the whole package except for her hang-ups. She just needs some therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3140294;
    I'm sorry, but I love Nicole!
    She is such a character and so entertaining to watch. And her mom is fantastic! The whole "hurting someone" scene between the two of them was hilarious. And who can forget the classic quote: "Omarosa."
    Craig is a popular pick for the mole, but I'm still not giving up on Paul being the mole.
    I pretty much agree with you, although her mom's attitude was too negative for me - I see where Nicole got that from - but they do have a nice relationship.

I have been considering Paul as the Mole for the past couple of weeks. In that recap I think they showed him missing the money bag in the first episode, and the "evidence" just piles up from there. However, as I believe Mark(?) said, there are clues that point to everyone. So I am never confident I have chosen the right person.

I really like Mark, btw; I just love how he gets all those challenge answers right and is so no-nonsense.

+ Reply to Thread