+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: July 21 Episode Thread

LG.

Re: July 21 Episode Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3140490;
    Assuming Nicole is not the mole, and assuming she wants to win, I realized last night that she has a huge advantage in the quizzes right now.

1. Is the mole A) male, or B) female.

If she's not the Mole, then she and she alone will get this question right every time - the guys have to guess it correctly.

3. Did the mole go recheck an answer?

Nicole is the only player that did this. Again assuming she's not the mole, she's the only one who knows for sure that the answer was no.

So with 2 questions she could not possibly not know the answer to, she has a huge leg up. (Not to mention that question 1 is on the quiz every single time.) So if she WAS tanking on purpose, and missed those questions on purpose, she must REALLY have no clue who the mole is --- she couldn't even lose well.
    I agree. If she were truly trying to tank the quiz (and to do so successfully, she must not be the Mole, because the Mole can't leave), then she should answer each question listing HERSELF to be the Mole, and then she would have every single answer wrong. If she actually did this, and Clay actually answered every single question assuming that Nicole was the Mole, they would end up tied and maybe Clay was slower so he left. That to me indicates that Nicole is not the Mole, and doesn't do a good job of ditching the quiz either. HOWEVER, she told her mom "I couldn't do it" which indicated to me that she didn't try to tank the quiz, but still could have tied, who knows.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I do think it is unfair to have the Male/Female question, actually any question where a person who is not the Mole would have the definitive answer is unfair. So any question that would point to one person doing something should be disqualified. If two people had gone back to look than that question would have been fair. But giving Nicole two questions that she can't get wrong is a HUGE advantage if she is not the Mole. Are the producers trying to keep her in since she brings the drama and is the last female?
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

LG.

Wasn't Craig the only one wearing a hat? That question jumped out to me as unfair to everyone except Craig, who would know whether or not he's the Mole. But then we get back to memory (and prolific journal writing), as would everyone know that Craig was the only one wearing a hat? At this point probably yes, as there are only 4 other people for each to track, and some people wear hats more often than others. It needs to be 40 below and very windy for me to ever wear a hat. Presumably everyone will always know which contestants are male vs. female.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

at the end she confessed to her mom that when she sat down to take the quiz, she couldn't throw it. do some people think she is lying to cover?
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

LG.

the fact that there was a tie threw me off, IC. If both Clay and Nicole were answering all of the questions by picking Nicole as the Mole, then they likely could have tied, and Nicole would have been faster because she didn't have to think as much about where she was, what she wore, etc as she had lived it all, rather than just observed it.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

ah, ok. now I get it.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

I agree with you about Craig wearing the hat. Since only one person was wearing or not wearing a hat it gives unfair advantage. LOL, I probably didn't complain about that one since I think he is the Mole so it wouldn't matter.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

OK, I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else in this thread, but I noticed something during last night's episode and I don't know if it's a clue or not. During the quiz, you know how we'll hear Jon's voice reading the question and see the question itself on the tv screen? Well, there was one question that asked where the Mole was sitting in relation to Jon during part of the show, and, when the question was shown on the screen, there was an arrow/cursor that moved towards one of the answers. I didn't see it on any of the other questions. Hmm...could that be a clue?

I saw that too, Lobeck. I don't know if that normally happens or not, but I did notice it.
    Wag more, bark less

On every single quiz, there are questions that point to only one person. As long as those are spread around, it's fair (even if the "spread" is over multiple episodes). What ISN'T fair is that the male/female question is on every single episode (usually question 1), which gives Nicole a distinct advantage - both in that she has 1 right that everyone else doesn't have, and in that she can pretty much fly through that question which helps her on speed.

+ Reply to Thread