+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 7/14 Show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/14 Show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3133483;
    To me the most suspicious thing going on in looking for the bottles was the suggestion that they skip a couple that they had "sure" answers on to try to find the bottle for the answer to the problem that Nicole thought was one thing and Mark (correctly) thought was a different day. Why weren't the finders looking for the bottles that they had clear coordinates for at that point? I'm not sure if that was Paul's idea or Clay's, as they were talking on the phones about where to look next. That and Craig not even trying to solve the puzzles.
    They were able to solve the puzzles in advance (before the 1st one was found). Since they had already solved all of them, they wanted to test the only answer that was questionable so they would know whether to review that question or not.

I can see how Paul would mess up reading all of those numbers which editing showed us only happened once and he caught it pretty quickly. He's not the brightest bulb to begin with and the stress and amount of numbers strung together was pretty overwhelming. He seems like too much of a jerk and a hot head for them to pick him as the Mole.

Clay seems very dull. He may be smart enough to be an attorney, but not clever enough to be the Mole. I believed him about not being very techno.

Craig has the best characteristics to fit the Mole. He's overweight, but young enough to be able to physically handle the challenges but out of shape enough to keep others from getting mad about his failures. Several players including Craig himself said that he was the most well liked of the group. I'm still unconvinced that he was ill enough with the altitude to be hospitalized. If he had been TPTB would have made him leave the show, unless of course he is the Mole.

If I was working on this game, I'd have figured out all the answers before giving any locations, while Mark was walking slow. Make sure you're right (they could have not taken the 10/day shortcut on the last one and actually worked it out one day at a time). Then organize the locations so that they are in some sort of order to make it easier on the runners.

Paul didn't do that... so obviously Craig is the mole.

LG.

I don't know that I would have had them sitting around and waiting (while Mark was walking slow) when they're working on the problems - I would have sent them to the first location because they're still all out in the hot sun which isn't going to get any easier, might as well start getting the bottles found. But I agree, once they had the answers (and they were well ahead of the finders), they should have arranged them in order of proximity before giving them out to Clay and Alex. Paul didn't do that, but I'm not sure it was all his idea (or lack thereof).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3135419;
    I don't know that I would have had them sitting around and waiting (while Mark was walking slow) when they're working on the problems - I would have sent them to the first location because they're still all out in the hot sun which isn't going to get any easier, might as well start getting the bottles found. But I agree, once they had the answers (and they were well ahead of the finders), they should have arranged them in order of proximity before giving them out to Clay and Alex. Paul didn't do that, but I'm not sure it was all his idea (or lack thereof).
    But once they found one, the treadmill sped up. Mark was literally barely walking before they found the first one, and I think his stamina (not Clay's or Alec's) was the limiting factor on getting things done. I'd have done everything possible to extend his stamina while speeding up Clay and Alec's movements after the 1st bottle is found.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3134239;
    They were able to solve the puzzles in advance (before the 1st one was found). Since they had already solved all of them, they wanted to test the only answer that was questionable so they would know whether to review that question or not.

I can see how Paul would mess up reading all of those numbers which editing showed us only happened once and he caught it pretty quickly. He's not the brightest bulb to begin with and the stress and amount of numbers strung together was pretty overwhelming. He seems like too much of a jerk and a hot head for them to pick him as the Mole.

Clay seems very dull. He may be smart enough to be an attorney, but not clever enough to be the Mole. I believed him about not being very techno.

Craig has the best characteristics to fit the Mole. He's overweight, but young enough to be able to physically handle the challenges but out of shape enough to keep others from getting mad about his failures. Several players including Craig himself said that he was the most well liked of the group. I'm still unconvinced that he was ill enough with the altitude to be hospitalized. If he had been TPTB would have made him leave the show, unless of course he is the Mole.

Kathryn, the first Mole, gave Anderson a real scare when she fainted, just dropped to the ground when someone was about to throw a knife above her head.

So unless he was unfit to continue after a day or two I think they would let him continue. I do think he really was sick tho, been in similar climate and it affected me the same way, but I stopped climbing.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I agree with AsIs. Unless that Ambulence was a plant. And I would highly doubt that.

And if Craig is the mole then I must say they picked the wrong contestant to be the mole. I personally think Mark has been better at committing moley type behavior than Craig. The only reason I don't think it's Mark is because Mark tries so hard to complete just about every mission he is in. But there are so many instances where Mark has prevented a loot of money being added to the pot deliberately and quite a few instances in the game where Mark has been separated from the "pack" sort of speak.

Hey, one question. Was I the only one who was thinking that there was a message sent to the mole via the journals mission impossible style in episode 4?

The scenario I had in my head was. Collect all of the journals. The journals are returned. The mole gets a message as to what to do on the next mission in his journal. The journals are then burned to cover up the evidence. My thought was that the mole had to make sure that his journal was one of the ones that were destroyed.

I guess the journal collection and burning might not have been necessary if Craig was the mole, and ended up in the hospital that episode.

But I think I am going to put a foot in Mark camp. It might not be logically correct so far. But there you go.
    Last edited by TellTaleOrange; 07-18-2008 at 02:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456