+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/14 Show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/14 Show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Wow, I guess buying Alex more wine to drink at dinner was a good strategy. He had the worst test results and bye bye! My money is on Mark now.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm betting on Nicole being the mole. She really does seem too stupid to be a doctor.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Right now I am wavering between Nicole and Craig, but I change my mind each week.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3132166;
    I'm betting on Nicole being the mole. She really does seem too stupid to be a doctor.
    Id hope a Dr wouldnt act like that.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

In my mind this episode ruled out Nicole as being the Mole. I don't buy the wine explanation -- it didn't look like Alex had more than two glasses, but they edited the dinner scene together to constantly show him drinking. I don't think they showed him refill his glass more than once. Therefore, since he was going for Nicole in his answers, that rules her out.

Besides, I think her failure in the Grapes of Cash was TOO obvious. Those were fairly easy questions, and she got too many of them wrong. The mole would've been more subtle, sabatouging in places that actually cost the pot cash. Nicole KNEW that her wrong answers didn't harm the game since they were all overruled by Mark -- she was fake-moleing.

I also rule Mark out. If he were the mole, he could've EASILY kept his mouth shut for one of Nicole's wrong answers, or tripped after running for 45 minutes, and no one would've thought it was suspicious. The mole doesn't have anything to gain by making people think they're NOT the mole, since all the players would be trying to act moleish once and a while.

That leaves Clay, Craig, and Paul. Paul and Craig are out since they wasn't blindfolded in the luge, so I have to say CLAY is the mole.
    Last edited by ahecht; 07-15-2008 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3132032;
    I really don't think they let them watch the bag tossing part, that would give unfair advantage unless they are just counting on them saying stupid numbers while they are scared half to death. I'll have to go back and rewatch that part, but part of the reason they could have been so scared when Craig dropped was his yelling when they couldn't reallly see him well. And when he got low to the ground he came into view from the other side of the bridge maybe?

I, too, think the people waiting to jump were further back and really couldn't see what was going on. They could just see the camera crew up ahead, John K. standing there and the jumper out on the ledge. I think everyone said something to the effect of "Why are they just standing there? What is taking them so long to jump? etc" when, in reality, John K. was asking the jumper about taking the exemption. The people who had not jumped also could not hear what was being said by John K. or the jumper either. So I doubt they could see where the bags landed either; they were too far away.

The people who had already jumped, and been asked about the exemption, were in another waiting spot altogether and could see where the bags landed.

(I can see production removing the bags after each jump but, even if they didn't, I know I wouldn't be looking down there to see if I could tell how many landed on the mark! )

I was really surprised that everyone did the jump. I honestly don't think I could do have done that!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3132552;
    I was really surprised that everyone did the jump. I honestly don't think I could do have done that!
    I was surprised too. Mark expected 3 people not to do it. Probably Nicole and Craig, but I don't know who the 3rd was. I would have guessed $0 and hoped that everyone else would go over, but fear makes it hard to think clearly. It was pretty much a crape shoot as to whether you hit the target or not. No one waited until they stopped swinging to throw which would have made more sense.

I still think it's Craig. He was no help in the vineyard. Mark said he was over-thinking the questions and that no one gets mad at Craig when he fails at tasks. Also he was clearly afraid of heights, but said he "HAD" to do it and he really didn't. Did he say that before or after the exemption was mentioned?

Clay and Alex probably ended up running as much as Mark, because they were being sent from one end of the vineyard to the other with each clue. I'm sure they were very tired as they ran back.

Nicole is a puzzle. As a doctor I don't think she can be just "book smart" and not have any common sense or reasoning abilities and yet she couldn't answer those questions at the risk of looking stupid and I can't believe it was just molish behavior. She says she doesn't need the money and just wants to win, but that makes no sense either. Why would she subject herself to the challenges/tasks they are given just for the satisfaction of saying she won. Why would she do something that could make her look bad to her patients?

I want Mark to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ahecht;3132489;
    In my mind this episode ruled out Nicole as being the Mole. I don't buy the wine explanation -- it didn't look like Alex had more than two glasses, but they edited the dinner scene together to constantly show him drinking. I don't think they showed him refill his glass more than once. Therefore, since he was going for Nicole in his answers, that rules her out.

Besides, I think her failure in the Grapes of Cash was TOO obvious. Those were fairly easy questions, and she got too many of them wrong. The mole would've been more subtle, sabatouging in places that actually cost the pot cash. Nicole KNEW that her wrong answers didn't harm the game since they were all overruled by Mark -- she was fake-moleing.

I also rule Mark out. If he were the mole, he could've EASILY kept his mouth shut for one of Nicole's wrong answers, or tripped after running for 45 minutes, and no one would've thought it was suspicious. The mole doesn't have anything to gain by making people think they're NOT the mole, since all the players would be trying to act moleish once and a while.

That leaves Clay, Craig, and Paul. Paul and Craig are out since they wasn't blindfolded in the luge, so I have to say CLAY is the mole.
    My thoughts, too.
    Still looking at Clay, Craig and Paul in the same light though.
    I want to go back and rewatch and freeze Paul reading out those coordinates. It seemed he read the wrong coordinates several times and had Clay and Alex running around from one end to the other too much which extended the time of the challenge and tired the guys out(Mark, Clay and Alex). Paul had a lot of ways to manipulate the challenge without standing out too obviously.

LG.

I was watching Paul too and thought that he only had to correct the coordinates he had given one time (he had left off the first "1" so they were looking at 0 x x x), and that time he blamed the puzzle solvers, saying they were changing their minds. Maybe there were others, but I thought that they found all of them in about 50 minutes. Depending how big that area was, to find 7 hidden bottles, it looked to me like they were rather efficient finding the bottles (and solving the problems despite the lack of help from Craig and Nicole). To me the most suspicious thing going on in looking for the bottles was the suggestion that they skip a couple that they had "sure" answers on to try to find the bottle for the answer to the problem that Nicole thought was one thing and Mark (correctly) thought was a different day. Why weren't the finders looking for the bottles that they had clear coordinates for at that point? I'm not sure if that was Paul's idea or Clay's, as they were talking on the phones about where to look next. That and Craig not even trying to solve the puzzles.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

The only thing about that is, they wanted to find *all* the bottles and they had to be back with the bottles before Mark stopped on the treadmill or they didn't get any. I think that is why they were doing the hard ones first, but it would have been more efficent to do them by coordinates, but that may have been tough for Paul to juggle since each page had four coordinates.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast