+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ABC has no clue

Re: ABC has no clue

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3121046;
    Mole 2 started airing in September of 2001, 3 episodes were shown, then it was pulled off the air and in limbo until I think May of 2002 when they re-aired the first three and showed the rest of the season. It was so frustrating for reality tv nuts, but at least we did get to see all of the episodes.
    I must have missed the Sept false-start. I loved season 1, so I'm surprised we didn't notice season 2 on... but I do remember watching all of the episodes of season 2 each week without break - so I MUST have missed the 3 episodes in September.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3121350;
    I must have missed the Sept false-start. I loved season 1, so I'm surprised we didn't notice season 2 on... but I do remember watching all of the episodes of season 2 each week without break - so I MUST have missed the 3 episodes in September.
    Mole 2 had poor timing the first time around. It started airing right after 9/11 and people weren't really in the mood to watch it.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

That explains it ... I think I (and everyone else) were watching non-stop news for a month.

I'm worried. This show is pretty much a goner.

I just watched the second season on YouTube for the very first time, and I fell in love with the show all over again, like I did when I watched the first season (the first season of the Mole was my very first reality show, ever). This season isn't as good as the first 2 seasons, but I still love it.

Maybe ABC can give it one more chance. Maybe air it after DWTS during the fall/winter schedule. That could maybe boost the ratings tremendously.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by waypast40;3121178;
    I also did not get to see the end of Mole 2 or Pirate Master.
    Same here. I hate committing to a show and having them pull it before we find out who won, or if anybody won!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3121046;
    Mole 2 started airing in September of 2001, 3 episodes were shown, then it was pulled off the air and in limbo until I think May of 2002 when they re-aired the first three and showed the rest of the season. It was so frustrating for reality tv nuts, but at least we did get to see all of the episodes.
    I didn't. They must not have advertised it well enough for me to notice that they ever put it back on the air. Shame on them.

FORT Newbie

i find the timeslot in a good spot! just none watches the damn show!

I think it's the host. Jon is a good looking man, good sense of humor but there is something missing. Cooper Anderson was wonderful in his role as host. Even Amad Rashad did a good job of the celebrity version. I also think they let the contestants run the show too much, why in the world would they allow contestants to say they aren't participating in an event? If they refuse, they should be gone. The know coming on the show that there is a humiation factor, it's part of the draw for fame ho's.

So, to sum up my rather confusing post: I blame ABC for getting a host that doesn't quite work and allow contestants to run the show. But, that being said, I still enjoy the show, don't love it like I did before but enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;3156661;
    I think it's the host. Jon is a good looking man, good sense of humor but there is something missing. Cooper Anderson was wonderful in his role as host. Even Amad Rashad did a good job of the celebrity version. I also think they let the contestants run the show too much, why in the world would they allow contestants to say they aren't participating in an event? If they refuse, they should be gone. The know coming on the show that there is a humiation factor, it's part of the draw for fame ho's.

So, to sum up my rather confusing post: I blame ABC for getting a host that doesn't quite work and allow contestants to run the show. But, that being said, I still enjoy the show, don't love it like I did before but enjoy it.
    Really? I mean, no one could beat Anderson Cooper, but Jon has grown into his role so much since the first episode. I admit that Jon wasn't that great in the first episode (I still thought he did a decent job though), but he has gotten better over time. I would say he's been a better host than Ahmad. And you know how Anderson joked around with the contestants often? Jon has done that recently also. Remember when Paul touched him? All Jon could say was, "Do NOT touch the host!" I found that funny.

I think there were a bunch of things that made this season a failure in the ratings. For one thing, it's the summer, and TV ratings aren't that high during the summer. But adding to that, the show is on at 10. Like I said before, if the show aired during the fall/winter season in the same timeslot, it would do so much better since it would air after DwtS. Maybe if ABC gave the show one more chance, they could air it during the same time.

And then I would say that the advertising for the show wasn't that great. Truthfully, I wouldn't know that there would have been a new season if it weren't for FoRT.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I've always enjoyed the mole. The first show was by far the best that could be because of Anderson Cooper. I never understood why ABC took the second show off the air in the middle and brought it back months later. If anything, the Celebrity Mole was a complete failure. I say that because I don't like celebrity anything. Maybe the celebrity show is what caused lack of interest. For the life of me, I don't understand why Big Brother would have higher ratings. I hope they don't pull the plug on this show, at least not until the mole is revealed.

Cooper Anderson was wonderful in his role as host.
    So was Anderson Cooper.
    Even Ahmad Rashad did a good job of the celebrity version.
    Ugh! NO!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast