+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/23 Show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

So... I couldn't access FoRT the whole time this show was on. From the fact that there's no topic for tonight... would I be correct in thinking nobody could?

Blah blah, keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread until 2 am EDT!

Premium Member

Re: 6/23 Show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

well it was an exciting episode for sure, it a nutshell the pot is now $152 k, first mission Team Selfish vs Team Selfless winner gets immunity the teams had to carry gold bricks plus a scale either a 10 lb one or 20 lb one, Team Selfish arrived at the first checkout first and got the smaller scale and also brought 23 bricks with them and they won the challenge and Team Selfless with Craig having difficulty breathing arrived last carrying the larger scale and 34 bricks with them. Craig had to go to the hospital and had hypothermia and could not go to next challenge which happened at dinner when Jon took their journals and then asked them questions as to who said what about them, I missed a part but Alex was able to save his journal but the others were burnt. Mark was ticked. Craig also got to keep his journal. In the execution two players tied with the lowest score but Victoria was eliminated by finishing 5 seconds later. Thats it in a recap.

can somepone give a super detailed description of tonights show because my stupid dvr just erased the entire episode and i am so mad! thank you!

I have a question about the scales. Was it specified that only one person could carry it the entire way? If not, I don't understand why Alex and Paul(forget Craig) didn't share the duty.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3074772;
    I have a question about the scales. Was it specified that only one person could carry it the entire way? If not, I don't understand why Alex and Paul(forget Craig) didn't share the duty.
    I'm pretty sure all of the men except Craig were carrying bricks in their hands as well.

I really thought that the burning of the journals was wrong and actually thought it was a mean joke and that their real ones would be returned to them after the quiz. My mistake.

The real Mole has an easy job this season. There are so many jerks willing to do without money to misdirect that sabotage isn't necessary. Nicole is a doctor and apparently wealthy enough to not need any prize money. She just wants the glory of winning.

How did Craig pass the physical for this show? He is the last of my prime suspects to survive and I thought I'd have to eliminate him today. After that quick recovery I suspect him even more.

I feel badly for Mark, but he needs to suck it up.

1st challenge: Lug bricks up a mountain. Team Selfish, Victoria, Clay, Kristen and Nicole. Nicole was whining it was too hard, trying to act moley. Team Selfless, Paul, Alex, Craig, Mark.

For team selfish half filled their packs except for Kristen who filled hers. At the halfway point they had to pick up a scale, Kristen also carried the scale.

For team selfless, they all filled their packs. Craig was having a really rough time going up the mountain. Cold, High Altitude = thin air. His face was beat red most the trip up. Paul stayed with him entire way and made group stop a few times. Mark kind of grumbled but was basically ok with it. Alex was also checking in with Craig.

First team up got a exemption and knew they were getting a exemption. Trick was, they had to pick who gets the exemption on their team and if they don't, noone gets it and they lose all the money from the bricks that goes in the pot. Victoria and Nicole wanted Kristen to get the exemption since she lugged the most stuff. Clay wanted Clay to get the exemption and was a jerk about it. They voted for Clay to get it so they didn't lose the money for the pot. Gee, could Clay be the Mole? Just sayin'...

Team Selfless got up the mountain with less than a minute to spare. They carried around a third more bricks than team selfish.

Going down the mountain Craig got worse, had to be taken away in a ambulance. Hypothermia was the diagnoses. He was then sent back to game but under house confinement to stay warm for the rest of the night.

At dinner, Jon took the notebooks and disappeared. Came back and the dinner guests had to pick who said things about them. Nicole behaved Moley and cost them 2000. But they had been afraid the books would be taken so they were relieved.

Until after dinner when they were taken to a river with a firepit near it, burning brightly. Someone had to give up thier notebook. Paul and Alex were willing to give theirs up. Everyone else, didn't want to give theirs up, but thought whoever did would get a exemption. So they were suspisious of Paul for being willing to give his up. Paul and Alex did rock/paper/sissors and Alex won so he gave his up. Jon took the rest and put them on a table. Then did a song and dance about danger and took a torch, lit a rope and it ran along the sand to the table and burned the notebooks.

Mark had a meltdown. When it was time to leave they couldn't find him. Finally did and they returned to their cabins.

At dinner next day Craig still has his journal, the players fill him in on what happened. Mark is super pissed that Craig still has his journal and seems to have forgotten that Alex also still has his. Mark is a tool sometimes.

Prior to taking the quiz we find out Nicole's strategy is to take the test as fast as she can and hope that someone is as clueless as she is, but slower. Her strategy apparently worked since there was a tie and shocker of shocker happens and Victoria goes home! So everyone who had Victoria in their Mole pool, sorry apparently the clues are not as apparent as we thought them to be! Yea!

But I will miss Victoria, I liked her and Craig the best of the contestants. She will be missed.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

LG.

My take was that Mark carried it the whole way because he had left behind the bricks that he was carrying by hand when Mark picked up the scale. This scale was over 20 pounds, so it would have been tough to carry it plus extra bricks, as Alex and Paul were both carrying some in their hands. No-one in the selfish team carried more bricks than fit in their backpacks, so they didn't have the problem - plus a scale that was half the size.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I forgot that the host had the journals for the quite a while. Maybe I'm crazy for dwelling on this, but he could have scanned them to be reproduced down the road. Some people just don't have the ability to remember details as well as others so taking the notebooks will put those people at a disadvantage.

I would bet that they have copies of the journals. They did something similar to this in a past season. If I recall correctly.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3074876;
    I would bet that they have copies of the journals. They did something similar to this in a past season. If I recall correctly.
    Where they took and burned all their bags and then the next day gave them back? Gah i can only remember that one girl crying over her stuffed bear.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast