+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 6/16 Show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 6/16 Show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

I'm so glad that Bobby is gone. I couldn't take another ep of watching someone carry him trough a challenge. I did notice that he didn't have any trouble walking all around town in his undies.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3064837;
    I'm so glad that Bobby is gone. I couldn't take another ep of watching someone carry him trough a challenge. I did notice that he didn't have any trouble walking all around town in his undies.
    it was probably the weight of his clothes that tipped him over the edge on the previous challenges.

I am very confused. I thought the mission was to walk the streets and ask for the clothes off of people's back.

And Mark is full of crap with his he's in it to win and do whatever he can. Didn't he not do the mission?

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

no, he didn't do it - i thought it strange.

the mission was to be able to get into the restaurant by passing the restaurants dress code. it did not say they had to get clothes off people's backs necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3065036;
    it was probably the weight of his clothes that tipped him over the edge on the previous challenges.
    That explains everything. Now I feel like a fool for not getting it sooner.

I think too many of these idiots are so determined to look like the mole that they are losing out on too much money. The mole has always been more subtle than this.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3065217;

the mission was to be able to get into the restaurant by passing the restaurants dress code. it did not say they had to get clothes off people's backs necessarily.
    hmmm... I guess I missed that part. Thanks for filling me in.

LG.

Jon Kelly did say the term "clothes of people's backs" when explaining the challenge to the contestants (I watched it twice to confirm that after the dry cleaners was found) and I wasn't sure if the group that had found the cleaners would be allowed in and given the prize, or if it would be considered a rules violation (like talking after the luge stopping point.) However they did clarify that the point of getting clothes was to meet the dress code and get past the restaurant bouncer, which they did.

After Jon pointed out that the address for the cleaners was on the card, then I knew that they had considered folks finding their own clothes, and knew that Craig, Bobby and Nicole performed the task required.

Mark and Clay opting out - very peculiar. Clay may have convinced Mark that it was "undignified" as I always have hated challenges (esp on The Amazing Race) where American contestants trying to win reality shows are begging from people in foreign countries - leaves a terrible taste in my mouth - Ugly Americans. That could have been the basis for Clay's hesitation - or he's the MOLE. Did you notice that Clay and Mark were standing outside the restaurant in their robes? I'm sure that Mark wanted to be there to write into his journal which team arrived first, second, third, etc. and who was wearing what and what they all ate, . . . .
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I did not notice that LG. I wonder why Paul thinks he is obsessive?
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3066585;
    Jon Kelly did say the term "clothes of people's backs" when explaining the challenge to the contestants (I watched it twice to confirm that after the dry cleaners was found) and I wasn't sure if the group that had found the cleaners would be allowed in and given the prize, or if it would be considered a rules violation (like talking after the luge stopping point.) However they did clarify that the point of getting clothes was to meet the dress code and get past the restaurant bouncer, which they did.

After Jon pointed out that the address for the cleaners was on the card, then I knew that they had considered folks finding their own clothes, and knew that Craig, Bobby and Nicole performed the task required.

Mark and Clay opting out - very peculiar. Clay may have convinced Mark that it was "undignified" as I always have hated challenges (esp on The Amazing Race) where American contestants trying to win reality shows are begging from people in foreign countries - leaves a terrible taste in my mouth - Ugly Americans. That could have been the basis for Clay's hesitation - or he's the MOLE. Did you notice that Clay and Mark were standing outside the restaurant in their robes? I'm sure that Mark wanted to be there to write into his journal which team arrived first, second, third, etc. and who was wearing what and what they all ate, . . . .
    When I saw that, I wondered:
    -why they bothered to go there, unless production told them they had to
    -why, if they did it on their own initiative, they didn't go earlier to see if someone else had scored some extra clothes
    -if they would have dropped their "principles" had they been there in time to intercept Craig et al and gotten back their own clothes
    -if Clay is the Mole.
    Bring on The Mole!

It seemed to me that Mark had no problem at all with the challenge until Clay opted out (*he dropped his rob as soon as Jon started to explain the challenge*) My thought is that he chose to stay behind with Clay for 2 possible reasons: 1)he has a genuine coalition with Clay and wanted to stay and discuss OR 2) he doesn't trust Clay and wanted to keep an eye on him. (Friends close enemies closer.)
    The whole thing was very odd to me though. Quite the puzzler.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast