+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FORT Smack-A-Mole Column - Week 2

Re: FORT Smack-A-Mole Column - Week 2

You make some good points, Kasha, especially about cozying up to Liz. It's probably too soon for any of them to be thinking that they can answer the quiz thinking "at least I know my friend ____ isn't the Mole, it has to be anyone but him." There's still too many variables. Still, what a coincidence that he was chummy with the two losers two weeks in a row.

If I were the Mole I'd be more likely to be using a Paul strategy than a Bobby strategy. As far as the pig with the exemption (because we can assume the Mole would be given special knowledge to earn an exemption) that would be a tough one to pull off just because there were so many pigs spread everywhere. I'd be more inclined to think it was luck than Mole behavior.

I guess I can see his actions being explained either way - like most of these guys!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gf123;3050182;
    I think your right on some of your points. Where I think your wrong is Paul. Of course the mole wants an exemption that leaves more players to be eliminiated.
    Why would the mole care about exemptions at all, other than the fact that he should APPEAR to want exemptions just like any other player. The mole getting the exemption is nothing to him/her. Leaving "more players to be eliminated" is irrelevant to the mole - one person will leave each week regardless. The only time an exemption is worth something significant to the mole is when money is taken out of the pot to accompany it (and $1000 came out last week due to the pig exemption).

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3052939;
    It's great to pick a coalition partner, especially a weak player. They trust you and are an easy target to get rid of, later in the game
    Why would the mole benefit from having an easy target to get rid of? The mole doesn't have to do anything at all to eliminate people ... someone gets eliminated every week. The mole doesn't gain by targetting specific people at all. The mole's job is to keep his/her identity hidden, and prevent as much money as possible from getting into the pot.

Proscribing motives for the mole that don't make any sense are not going to lead you to who the mole is.

LG.

I agree that the Mole doesn't really have a reason to want to win the exemption, except if it costs the pot some money (the Mole's real task). They'd want to act like they want it, because it would be suspicious if they didn't want the exemption. In week 2, both exemptions came at a price to the pot (the uphill battle challenge would have sent $35,000 to the pot if Mark and Kristen hadn't been able to win the race and their exemption), but Paul's only cost the pot $1,000, rather minor.

It will be interesting to see if exemptions end up costing the pot money again this week, or if they are awarded more randomly like Nicole's was in Week 1.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

The mole grabbing the exemption is twofold: 1) It makes him look like a player to the others vs the mole as he appears to really wants that exemption. 2) It takes the exemption out of play for the others. The other players want that exemption for themselves. Whom ever takes it away, makes it so it is out of play for them. That can be frustrating. Keeping frustration levels high is good, keeps the team off balance and less productive.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3053129;
    You make some good points, Kasha, especially about cozying up to Liz. It's probably too soon for any of them to be thinking that they can answer the quiz thinking "at least I know my friend ____ isn't the Mole, it has to be anyone but him." There's still too many variables. Still, what a coincidence that he was chummy with the two losers two weeks in a row.

If I were the Mole I'd be more likely to be using a Paul strategy than a Bobby strategy. As far as the pig with the exemption (because we can assume the Mole would be given special knowledge to earn an exemption) that would be a tough one to pull off just because there were so many pigs spread everywhere. I'd be more inclined to think it was luck than Mole behavior.

I guess I can see his actions being explained either way - like most of these guys!
    You guys are acting like Paul broke some random pig. He did not break some random pig. He broke the only pig that was given to the team for free.

As SOON as the host gave them a free pig to start the game, my wife said that that pig had something to do with the exemption. When we heard it rattle, we both knew that THAT pig had the exemption inside it, and all he had to do was break it. There was no luck to this at all. Just a smart hunch on his part.

Who suggested and/or pushed for the two strong people to do the uphill part of the battle? That cost the pot $35,000 and would be a very moley thing to do, while looking like you were looking out for the team...

I seem to remember hearing Paul's voice the most in that discussion.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

i didn't think they knew what the battles were before the teams were chosen. i think they were just told to choose a 9 member team and a two member team.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3059786;
    i didn't think they knew what the battles were before the teams were chosen. i think they were just told to choose a 9 member team and a two member team.
    Unless it's changed this season, the mole is generally versed by the producers on what the challenges will be to a certain extent and how he can play his part. So if the mole was in the know, he could have given voice/influence.

I thought Liz initially volunteered to do "the uphill battle" and we saw some PI's saying that people knew it was going to be a physical task and she would be a poor choice. Was it Liz and Craig who initially volunteered? Anyway, I can't play it back now, but I am pretty sure there were a couple players who suggested others over Liz and the second volunteer.

The Mole has access to information about the challenge before they happen or as they happen. I remember in Season 1, while the players were separated in a fort, Kathryn snuck out to talk to the team attacking the fort to give away positions and get information from them. So the Mole gets information the other contestants don't.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast