+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6/9 Show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 6/9 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

The one thing I am noticing this time around is that clicks have developed rather quickly. You have the jock contingent led by Alex and Paul. And the picked on at school contingent led by Bobby and Nicole. Not sure I like it.

Paul's is a bully to a certain extent, but I have to say even tho I am a pacifist, I might be yelling at Bobby by this point. I don't know if the kid is sick (mono for example) and that is the reason he can't walk three steps without getting winded, or the way too obvious Mole, or a smartass who's strategy is to talk big and put out little, but it is getting old. I don't see why that group is defending him so fiercely unless they are in a allinace together.

And large alliances in this game are stupid when you don't eliminate each other. Information pooling just means you will go sooner rather than later. The strongest of the group is the only one who benefits. And if that person is the Mole, than you will all be gone sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by AsIs; 06-10-2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: forgot something.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3048501;
    The one thing I am noticing this time around is that clicks have developed rather quickly. You have the jock contingent led by Alex and Paul. And the picked on at school contingent led by Bobby and Nicole. Not sure I like it.
    Unless I'm misremembering things, Bobby and Nicole can't seem to stand each other. So they are hardly co-leading any kind of clique.

And while traditionally I'd dislike the jocks and be sympathetic to the geeks, with these particular people things aren't that clear cut. Really, all four of these people seem to be kind of unpleasant, in their own ways. But Liz was sweet, and look what happened to her...

Clay seems to be really under the radar. I'm starting to wonder about him.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Does Bobby have a medical condition? He must have passed the physical for the show, so what's his deal? Either he's got something wrong with him, or, you know, he's the mole. It's just not normal for a man that young to be that debilitated by jogging or walking for a few yards.

FORT Newbie

I really can't figure out what is up with Bobby. Is he really that pathetically out of shape that he needs to be wheel barrowed around? Or is he just acting like the mole? I was just laughing out loud watching him, personally I would have left his ass sitting in the dirt. I guess I am not a good team player. :0)

Quote Originally Posted by chloerose2;3050003;
    I really can't figure out what is up with Bobby. Is he really that pathetically out of shape that he needs to be wheel barrowed around? Or is he just acting like the mole? I was just laughing out loud watching him, personally I would have left his ass sitting in the dirt. I guess I am not a good team player. :0)
    From what I saw around the MySpace pages of Bobby's friends from Penn State (before they caught on that people were gleaning info from them and set them to private), he seems to be a big partier. Almost every picture I saw was of him with a drink in his hand while attending some sort of festive gathering at a bar or a friend's house.

Anyway, it seems that his party days are catching up with him.
    Last edited by hepcat; 06-11-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Any of the pics show him with a cig in the other hand? I just can't figure out his lack of stamina. Even the heavy dude, Craig, has more get up and go than this guy.

If he does drink and/or smoke, he should really lay off. It was so frustrating seeing him barely move a muscle during the pig task. Even Craig, who has some definite problems with his weight, was able to run/walk all the way without being towed in wheelbarrow.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Can someone answer a question for me? Whomever is the mole, what is the benefit to them? Do they win money for being the mole?

They do get money, yes. I don't know how much, but it's more than anyone else gets other than the winner.

Plus, it might be fun, and it guarantees they're around for all the tasks. I know racers on the Amazing Race sometimes talk about wanting to make it to the end just for the fun of doing everything, and that may be the case here, too. For many fans of the show, being the Mole would be a wonderful opportunity.
    Bring on The Mole!

The mole does get monetary compensation.
    It's also a lot of fun playing the role. The producers help you out quite a bit with what the challenges are going to be and how you can be at your best moley advantage. You will get to know where the exemptions are so if it's possible you can grab one thus not allowing someone else to get one. I think you also get producer input on how people are thinking and their quiz results, so you can subtly work on them either through yourself or others. It's the ultimate mind game!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast