+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Clues - Season 5 **Possible Spoilers**

Hidden Clues - Season 5 **Possible Spoilers**

I would post this topic in the "Speculation Only" thread or even in the discussion thread, but the clues may contain spoilers. And I would have posted this topic in the spoiler thread, but the clues that we talk about may not even be real clues, so they wouldn't count as real spoilers.

Well as we all know, the producers and co. like to throw in some hidden clues to try and give us hints as to who the mole is. Did anyone catch anything yet?

There were a lot of people talking about how the fingerprint on Victoria's helmet, which she wore during the raft challenge, was different from everyone else's helmets. Is that a clue, do you think? Me personally, I don't think it is. A lot of people caught it, and usually in the past, the clues weren't so blatant.

I've been watching the opening theme on YouTube a lot to try and catch something because in the past, the opening has had clues in it. The most peculiar thing I noticed: a man's figure is shown before the words "THE MOLE" pops up on our screen:

Paul perhaps?

It's probably nothing, but you never know.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

Re: Hidden Clues - Season 5 **Possible Spoilers**

I also noticed the fingerprint on the helmet, but it wasn't until I watched it the second time. It did make me think of something though, the world's largest waterfall is named "Victoria Falls" but it's in Africa I think. Maybe that ties in with the first challenge being at the waterfalls. I know, I know... sometimes I think too far out of the box.

Do we know for sure that they are they even DOING the "Hidden Clues" this time? There was a suggestion that the show would be "simplified" when it was announced.

There were a lot of people talking about how the fingerprint on Victoria's helmet, which she wore during the raft challenge, was different from everyone else's helmets. Is that a clue, do you think? Me personally, I don't think it is. A lot of people caught it, and usually in the past, the clues weren't so blatant.
    I guess it depends.

In Season 1, remember they had Anderson deliberately pick up a bag with Kathryn's name on it (although interestingly enough he later claimed he hadn't figured out who The Mole was until very near the end).

In Season 2 there was also something like this, although it slips my mind at the moment what it was.

Still, I agree, a DIFFERENT helmet would be kind of overt (and seen by all the contestants). A hidden clue would be more like the host casually picking up something with the Mole's name on it, or him using some reference to the Mole's name in an important speech (another season 1 reference--Anderson said "paying the Price" on one episode intro, and Kathryn last name was "Pryce").

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

BTW: The Pryce/Price thing reminds me...

Do we have last names on these people? Assuming this version ISN'T actually dumbed down, it might prove relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3038519;
    BTW: The Pryce/Price thing reminds me...

Do we have last names on these people? Assuming this version ISN'T actually dumbed down, it might prove relevant.
    en. wikipedia. org/wiki/The_Mole_%28U.S._Season_5%29#c ite_note-10

Link above no workee. But I found it...

Duping here, since it probably helps if we are speculating using it.

--Alex Jacobs, 31, Haverford, Pennsylvania, Musician, Attended University of Colorado
    --Ali Sonoma, 24, St. Louis, Spokesmodel/Actress (UFC Octagon Girl), A.A., St. Louis Community College
    --Bobby O. (no last name on Wikipedia), 25, Manayunk, Philadelphia, Restaurant Manager, B.A., Penn State
    --Clay Cauley, 32, Chester County / Philadelphia Criminal Litigation Attorney, Law Degree, Howard
    --Craig Slike, 30, San Diego, Graphic Designer, B.A. Graphic Art, PLNU
    --Kristen Willeumier, 35, Santa Monica, California, Neuroscientist/Model/Equestrian, PhD, UCLA
    --Liz Cain, 60, Whitefish, Montana, Retired, Associate's degree, New Mexico Tech
    --Mark Lambrecht, 42, Mukwonago, Wisconsin, High school history teacher/Soccer coach, B.A., University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
    --Nicole Williams, 33, Chicago, OBGYN Doctor, MD, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine
    --Paul Grassi, 29, Yonkers, New York, Utility worker/On-air talent (on-air where?), Attended Pace University
    --Victoria Garza, 26, Bishop, Texas, Retail Manager, B.A., Texas A&M University–Kingsville

Booted:

--Marcie Ciscel, 31, Corona, California, Stay-at-home mom, West High School, Torrance, California

So we're looking for stuff like "the mark of Cain" maybe?

Is it suspicious that Bobby is getting a decent amount of press (he's openly gay and I guess that's led to a few articles) but he seems to lack a last name on all of it?
    Last edited by Krom; 06-04-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3038512;
    Do we know for sure that they are they even DOING the "Hidden Clues" this time? There was a suggestion that the show would be "simplified" when it was announced.
    No, there were no articles or anything that have announced that there are going to be hidden clues. But the thing is this: you never know for certain. Even if there's no clues at all, I think it's still fun looking around for things that look peculiar.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Just in case people haven't seen it yet...

Victoria's Helmet

Other People's Helmets
    (Craig)
    (Ali)

FORT Regular

Names, numbers, and initials always seems to be important, don't they?

Although it seems like Ali was eliminated, I was going to say that her initials match those of Alexander Selkirk, whose objects they were all looking for. We also have a participant named Alex. The hourglass is believed to be invented in Alexandria, more Alex references. Alex didn't grab his bag. There's a lot of Alex going on here.

They had to find 5 items, there were 45 hidden, 1704 was the year. We can get all kinds of obscure here. They did a cellphone-letter match up in the past, 1704 gives you ".pG ", (Paul Grassi?), 5/45 is 9, 4x45 is 180, the sum of 1704 is 12, those are all dividable by 3...

I'm clearly going WAY out of the box here, speculating wildly, throwing all caution to the wind, but speculation is speculation, and anything is game. Assuming there are hidden clues, maybe all this useless addition and division might be good for something. Or maybe it's all for nothing. That's the beauty of the Mole.

FORT Newbie

My first thought was that the fingerprint on the helmet was too obvious...but it may have been done like that on purpose to make everyone second guess it....

Then I thought that the other contestants would notice, but not if it was added later in editing. The way they do things with a green screen.

Who knows?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast