+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "How does a Mole act?"

FORT Newbie

Re: "How does a Mole act?"

What does the mole get out of this whole thing? They can't win, right? Are they on salary or do they get a cut of the money that they sabotage from the pot? I've never watched the show before so I'm a newbie!

LG.

My understanding is that the Mole is paid a salary, rather generous, so that they'd be the second-highest paid "contestant" after the winner of the pot. I would like to see them get a cut of what money they prevent from going into the pot, but I think that would be too subjective, because many times multiple factors prevent money from entering the pot. For example, last week who exactly cost the pot the $35,000 for failing to finish the soccer goal and gondola ride challenge faster than the uphill bikers? Was it solely the act of the Mole (my guess, Alex- who didn't score a soccer goal and then tried to get the gondola group split up and lost), or was it Mark (likely not the Mole, but he pushed like heck to get up the hill, dragging the bike), or was it Liz (definitely not the Mole) who slowed down her whole team because she had to let her feet cool down before making her way to the gondola? Too close to call, or at least more fighting than necessary to determine exactly how much money the Mole cost the pot.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

The Mole has access to what the missions are before the missions are announced. So in the soccer vs bike uphill the Mole would know that the Bikers would cost the pot, rather than add to the pot, which was what everyone was thinking.

The players in this challenge would be thinking we need the strongest to get money into the pot. This would be a easy place for the Mole to encourage stronger players to do the uphill trek while he/she stalled the soccer goals/race to the gate task. Who pushed for the team that did the Bike ride?

Now the Cab ride throws a kink into the challenge. The Mole sabataged the bike, making it more likely the bikers would take the cab costing even more moeny from the pot.

Mark is most likely not the Mole. He couldn't get out of there fast enough. He also seems to want money to go into the pot. Gets very upset when it doesn't.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3059756;
    The Mole has access to what the missions are before the missions are announced. So in the soccer vs bike uphill the Mole would know that the Bikers would cost the pot, rather than add to the pot, which was what everyone was thinking.

The players in this challenge would be thinking we need the strongest to get money into the pot. This would be a easy place for the Mole to encourage stronger players to do the uphill trek while he/she stalled the soccer goals/race to the gate task. Who pushed for the team that did the Bike ride?

Now the Cab ride throws a kink into the challenge. The Mole sabataged the bike, making it more likely the bikers would take the cab costing even more moeny from the pot.

Mark is most likely not the Mole. He couldn't get out of there fast enough. He also seems to want money to go into the pot. Gets very upset when it doesn't.
    I agree, I don't think there is anyway Mark is the mole.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3059756;

What about when he decided not to participate in the clothing challenge in the last episode? I thought that was interesting. He was either copying Clay, the "only person he trusts in the game" or he seized the opportunity to keep money out of the pot.

I personally thing it's the former. I don't think he's the mole. Still, I was surprised when he opted out of the challenge without thinking twice.

I think he opted out of the challenge because he and Clay think they know who the mole is and are now trying to look moley themselves.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by go trees!;3043124;
    I think a really smart and bold move would be to act exactly the opposite of what everyone expects. Like someone who looks like they're blatantly trying to sabotage, so much so that it seems like they're an actual contestant pretending to be the Mole. I don't know if this would be the season to do so since it's been off air for so long. If there's another season after this, I think that would be a very clever move. It seems like everyone's beginning to catch on that the Mole stays hidden at the beginning and does subtle things to sabotage. Like remember when Angie Everheart said to Corbin, "I hope you vote for me, Corbin, I really do!" That's bold.
    You mean like Nicole?

I think a good mole would start sabotaging from challenge #1 and then ease up on the sabotage for the next two or three challenges and then go full on like the third episode or something. I think Craig has done a pretty good job of being the mole (I think he's the mole). So many people are all over the place with who they think the mole is, which means that the mole has done well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12