+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 6/2 Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: 6/2 Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

Ok first of all.. I am happy this show is back.. I SO missed it.

Now I just miss Anderson. I love that man.

I will add my name to the already long list of people watching that would love to see Nicole GONE. I wanted to smack the hell out of her last night. I could, as a female, NEVER in a million years think of having her in my delivery room while in labor. I'd have to kick her in the head! Dr. die and be black. Please. I think I heard her call herself Dr. Diva too at some point on the beach. This woman is nuts.

I was also sad to see Marcie go. I have to admit I did laugh a bit when Craig I think it was, said that the wrong person went home it should have been Nicole, and the whole group was nodding.

My vote for the Mole early on is either Liz or Vanessa. I've based this on the lay low attitude they have shown as well as the interviews they have done. Liz kind of struck me when she was like Ohh I was sure that he had a victrolla (or how ever it is spelled) on the beach.. ohhh wait it may have been Swiss Family Robinson. Then laughed, almost school girl like. It was very, Oops I'm sorry, my bad, but I donít care. Vanessa is very void of emotion for me right now.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I'm so glad The Mole is back! I never get it right but I do enjoy watching it!

My absolute favorite is Craig and I would love it if he was the Mole! I also liked Mark and Liz.

LG got it right in their column...Nicole is trying to be all Omarosa (even my son said so when we were watching the show!)....You've always got to have someone to hate...looks like she got it for the 1st episode!

I told my son that Marci would probably be gone when they did the little foreshadowing about "I'm a mom-I can read people's faces and know what they are thinking".....uh hello...I'm a mom too and my son can pull the wool over my eyes without blinking!

As much as I don't care for the Bachelorette, hopefully the lead in from them will help attract viewers and the show will do decent in the ratings.

I like the host but I miss my A.C.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

It is so important in this game to take scrupulous notes and to strategize how you are going to take the quiz prior to quiz taking time.

When taking the quiz, you need to make sure your answers unilaterally apply to all the players upon the completion of the quiz. In other words, if there are 10 questions, you do not want to have John Doe not be the answer to any of your questions(unless you are John Doe and know you are not the mole).
    It most desirable to have the answers to your quiz apply uniformly to all the players with the most points(answers) as possible--in the fastest time possible. So if you know you have not answered Suzie Q enough times on your quiz to be safe just in case she is the mole, you must answer her and other contestants as well on the single answer quiz questions(who is the mole, what is the mole's age)

Initially, this is a game of elimination. There are too many confusing facets, the challenges and the personalities all playing different roles to confuse each other.

I think Paul is the Mole, and that is purely based on criteria and traits...however i will change my mind come mid show.

The series is always shot so it hides the mole, I'm sure if we were there we could spot the mole in seconds. But editing tricks like to fool us and mask the Mole.

gah.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3034997;
    But, if I'm remembering earlier (non celeb) seasons correctly, the biography for the mole is fake anyway--the Mole is actually an actor. It's been a few years--someone help.
    That would almost seem to point to Kristen the neuroscientist to me... the snarky part of me said, "Neuroscientist... so THAT is what they are calling the mactors these days!"

Off the bat, Mark would be one of the ones I'd least suspect, but his behavior when finding out his result was a little suspicious... he betrayed no sign of nervousness beforehand that I could tell, but when he found out he was safe, his exuberance seemed almost an act. Very intelligent guy, too.

In answer to a post a few pages back, yes the Mole helps winning money. Katheryn said in her season, towards the end she HAD to help them win some money because Jim and Steve were throwing too many challenges to throw people off the real Mole. And I think it came down to who answered their questions the fastest at the end because they both knew it was her.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3036019;
    In answer to a post a few pages back, yes the Mole helps winning money. Katheryn said in her season, towards the end she HAD to help them win some money because Jim and Steve were throwing too many challenges to throw people off the real Mole. And I think it came down to who answered their questions the fastest at the end because they both knew it was her.
    In theory part of the Mole's job is to deny them money. In practice though, as early as Season 1, I think they realized that there might be no money to give out if they relied on the combination of player incompetence, and deliberate sabotage by people TRYING to look like the Mole, to build up the pot.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

LG.

goes back to the old adage about cutting off your nose to spite your face. People would rather increase their chances to have 100% of something piddly than work together to and build up the prize but have a greater risk of someone else winning. Happened all the time on The Weakest Link which was why I ended up hating that show - they always voted off the strongest links and kept the dolt who couldn't answer questions and build up the pot.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Man, I'd forgotten how frustrating this show is. I'm starting to remember why I could never really get into it.

I love the challenges and exotic locations, but all the "so-and-so COULD be the mole" talk was really annoying. It means nothing! How do these people know what each other's true abilities are, to know whether they're actually sabotaging or just, you know, dumb and slow? Eventually they'll know each other well, but I'll never know them well enough to know who's lying. I'm terrible at this game.

It's just tough for me as a viewer to play along because I don't know these people, so it's hard to tell when they're lying or not giving it their all.

Then there's the added problem of the incentive to get others to think you're the mole by intentionally screwing up. So the mole is screwing up, and the other players are screwing up, all on purpose. But maybe the mole isn't screwing up, because the mole is trying to hide. So there's no way to tell anything about anyone at this point. In the meantime, they all come off like such idiots.

A Victrola? In 1704?! From a history teacher!? Old lady was nodding her head about the story of the original Robinson Crusoe, so apparently she knew it, and I thought maybe she was intelligent, but a Victrola!? So what were the greatest hits of 1704, anyway? And what would they be doing with a Victrola on a ship? Geez Louise. And I used to think this was a more intelligent than average cast. Unless, of course, Old Lady is THE MOLE. *le sigh*. At least the one dude knew jeans weren't yet invented in 1704.

I'd almost prefer to follow one real player and see what he/she thinks and how she solves things, because I have no idea who's really thinking what otherwise. I like the utility worker who tried to have a "coalition" (Oh, yeah, "alliance" is taken by Survivor, whatever) with the mom, and a fake-out coalition (Paul and Alex, I think?). But he apparently had no idea who the mole is, or didn't share what he knew with mom, because that sure didn't last long.

I agree, this early, on the test you'd have to answer the questions so no one was eliminated. It'd be the only sensible strategy if you know basically nothing--which is how I feel as a viewer.

I like the guy in the preview who whispers to the camera, "I'm going craaaazy!" Yup, sums up how I feel watching this blasted show. Not that I'll miss a single episode!

Oh, and I hardly think 60 is synonmous with "an old lady." It won't surprise me if she goes far in the game.
    Oh, me, too. I'm pushing 50 myself. But I'm not so good with names this early, and we all know who we're referring to.

Speaking of, I agree with one of the players that fat guy (er, big man?) is a likely candidate.
    Last edited by snooky; 06-03-2008 at 03:16 PM.

Initially, the essential goal is trying to stay alive and not be executed.
    To do that you don't need to bother yourself with knowing the other players and for the most part you have to assume the other players are going to do their best for you not to "know" them or see their cards. This is like of game a poker that goes on for weeks.
    Also, the PI's we are constantly seeing for the most part are producer driven where the players are being asked questions and the producers are hoping for certain answers or responses and will continue to ask pointed questions until they get the response they want.
    As for the mole, JMO, but initially because there are so many new people all thrown into a discombobulated situation, he can lay low and let others do the self destructing and dirty work. The mole can also plant seeds trying to make sure they can't be traced back to him.
    Later, as the player pool shrinks, the mole has to start dancing pretty fast in order not to get caught in too many inconsistencies. The game becomes a fine line--trying to do your job as the mole and trying to make sure no one is on to you.
    It's a fun game.

+ Reply to Thread