+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Speculation Only

FORT Fogey

Re: Speculation Only

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3093299;
    Speculation is speculation. Health and attitude are two things being speculated about for being the Mole.

I tend to lean towards behavior and things I think are Moley, but to each thier own. My guess may be totally wrong.

I am the only one who mentioned health and attitude. I brought up logical casting choices as just another thing to consider. Every scrap you have helps in the long run. I am not using that logic as my sole criteria, not by a long shot.

Mark looks like Steve Carrell. Maybe they're brothers or something and playing the mole is a little role for older brother/cousin Mark.

I find it kind of funny that people think Mark and Kristen putting down bricks to carrying the scale was Moleish. Someone had to carry the scale for each group and they couldn't carry the bricks and the scale. And both them had full back packs as well.

Unlike Clay who had half a backpack and made no moves to carry the scale himself...

P.S. Shoepie, you may be the only one to discuss health and attitude in this topic, but it has been discussed all over the board. And it is as valid to use those to find the mole as any others. I am saying they valid ways to use, just not the ones I am using.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I think my point about health and attitude was not understood ... I'll try again.

For those who think the producers would shy away from letting Craig be the Mole because of his health, I ask this ... why did they let him do the show at all? To me - the ability to be on the show in the first place and the ability to be the Mole, healthwise, are equal. If there was some reason in the producer's minds that he could not handle being the Mole - that exact same thing would have caused them not to choose him at all.

Paul's attitude - I don't think it's possible for the producer's to have known he would have this kind of attitude via the interview process. It's backasswards to say that they wouldn't have chosen a Mole with such a short temper, when they wouldn't have known about the temper until later.

I don't think they pick a pool of contestants and make one of them the Mole. I believe that they recruit someone specifically for the Mole, then pick the contestants to round out the cast.

On that basis I don't think they would pick Craig for the postion based on his physical issues in what might be a grueling game. And they would be able to pick up enough of Paul's abrasiveness in a interview. Both reason to not cast him as the Mole, but not reason enough to not cast them for the series.
    Last edited by AsIs; 07-03-2008 at 06:02 PM.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Evn
    FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Skydancin;3096769;
    you can't hold the historical mishap against Mark, it probably wasn't intentional. Just because you're a history teacher (or grad student like me) doesn't mean that you know EVERYTHING about history.

I wouldn't discount him as not being the mole either though! This is my first season watching the show from beginning to end, it's been quite entertaining for me.
    Right, it's the subtle things that make the mole. Reading a summary of the mole's behavior over the past 4 seasons, it has become clear to me that they rarely do something totally obvious, but rather chip away at the pot gradually.

And, I would argue that that history mishap was a bigger slip-up that you think. He suggested blue jeans and a revolver as items a shipwrecked dude had in 1704. Blue jeans? Pants with a metal zipper in 1704? A revolver? A gun with a revolving chamber 70 years before the American Revolution, during which the height of firearm technology was sticking a knife on the end of their muskets?

Plus, Mark also didn't play soccer, even though his bio says he's a soccer coach.

Although, since it has been stated that the mole has a fake bio, I supposed the mole should actually try to emulate the bio, which Mark has not really done. It's hard for me to decide which clues mean "yes" and which clues mean "no," so I'm pretty much relying on my faithful mole-detecting strategy of figuring out which competitor's emotional confessionals are edited in the most cheesy fashion. Mark wins this contest, hands down.

Regarding the Mark Soccar thing, he was drafted to be the uphill person because of his running ability. And the items on the beach thing, it would be moley if he had prevented real items from getting on the table, but he didn't do that since they didn't have all the real items. I think he knew they weren't right, but didn't have anything better to put up.

As far as the fake bio, if it wasn't stated by the host or the producer than it is a rumor. I don't think the Mole's bio is really fake. That just would make the Mole's job harder for no reason.

On a unrelated note I think now is the time for anyone who doesn't know who the Mole is to be axed. Previous to this there were enough players that being fastest might save you. And several contestants were playing the field to have enough right answers and be fast to stay. The last few boots were people who had the wrong person picked for the Mole. I expect the next one or two to also be people with incorrect Mole picks and then it will come down to fastest and bestest memory for the last three is my guess. I think Paul, Mark, Clay know who the mole is.

Interesting enough, I don't get the impression that Craig has a clue about who the Mole is. That to me is one of the stongest reasons to think he is the Mole.

I think Craig is the Mole.

Paul is crazy, but the Mole... I think they'd have told him to tone down the attitude...

Mark was on my mind, but I have doubts after he knew almost all the answers to the game where he was running. If he knew he'd be the runner, he probably would have opted out of that or if he were the Mole he'd have a) stopped running or b) answered the questions wrong... so my opinion- not the Mole- add to that his whole outlook on the Journal being burned.

Nicole is not the Mole- Alex thought she was- and got kicked off.

Clay threw a lemon at Paul's head. I don't think they would have allowed the Mole to do that... ok- so that's an opinion. he's 2nd on my list... to Craig.

I vote Craig b/c he's done nothing- he couldn't answer questions for the "find the wine" game. He can't do anything physically, and like Mark said, "He gets applauded for failing." In my estimation (and maybe I'm just crazy), it's Craig.

I really think Alex thought the mole was someone else and was trying to throw suspicion on to Nicole because he thought (or maybe even knew for sure) that it wasnt her.

Evn
    FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by RyGal;3138661;
    I think Craig is the Mole.

\

I vote Craig b/c he's done nothing- he couldn't answer questions for the "find the wine" game. He can't do anything physically, and like Mark said, "He gets applauded for failing." In my estimation (and maybe I'm just crazy), it's Craig.
    Craig did do one thing. He stepped up and commandeered the slingshot from paul, then used it to make a whole bunch of money in the contest where they had to catch clay pigs. I found this to be really weird for a mole, because craig could've just stood there and allowed paul to mess up.

+ Reply to Thread