+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculation Only

FORT Fan

Re: Speculation Only

I think Victoria is the mole based on a clue first pointed out by subtextylove in the 6/2 episode discussion thread. During the waterfall-money bag challenge, Victoria's helmet was the only one with a big ol' green "The Mole" thumb print on it. All the rest were pretty plain with tiny logos. An obvious clue, but something most of us probably (like me) overlook just watching the show once.
    BB10
    Dan and Ollie: Team Jesus II?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I tend to discount the fingerprint being a clue to her being he mole.. if all of us noticed it.. wouldnt the the rest of the cast? It was pretty obvious for people there to miss it and not assume something of the like.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Just a bit of a Princess MadelynneRabb's Avatar

I certainly hope that that isn't the level of clue they're throwing at us this year. I would hope that the show would give us something more cerebral and harder to figure out than labeling the Mole with a great big target on their head.

Has anyone given any thought to the possibility of super-hidden clues, like the use of the number 4 in season 1?
    I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia." -- Puddleglum, "The Silver Chair"

"Don't smoke. Don't drink and drive. And pay your taxes. Because they will find you." -- James, Big Brother 6

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3036990;
    I tend to discount the fingerprint being a clue to her being he mole.. if all of us noticed it.. wouldnt the the rest of the cast? It was pretty obvious for people there to miss it and not assume something of the like.
    I'm with you, I think it was a not so subtle mislead.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I would expect to be the clues to be harder. I was reading the articles Wikipedia had on each season of the Mole, and they were definitely hard to spot IMO. Examples:

One clue for Bill (the mole, season 2) - "At the conclusion of the Think or Sink game, Anderson talks about how many believe that William Shakespeare was a "scoundrel" for plagiarizing the story of Romeo and Juliet from a local playwright. (The Italian translation of the play's title, "Giulietta y Romeo", served as the solution to the game.) Anderson's story about Shakespeare was intended to subtlety point out that the William in their midst was also a scoundrel."

One clue for Frederique (the mole, Celebrity Mole: Hawaii) - "When Corbin is making his predictions on how the other players will do in their tasks during the Take This Job game, a plane registration number is behind him: VS-CMH03 which stood for Victoria's Secret: Celebrity Mole Hawaii 2003."

As for Angie (the mole, Celebrity Mole: Yucatan), there was a theme to the clues. The theme surrounded the number 7, and each week, the clue would be about that number (it was Angie's journal number).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I'm flipping between Alex and Bobby as the mole. My first thought was Alex, and I still think it may be him. But after watching the show, I'm just baffled by Bobby's behavior. And not really because he pooped out at the scavenger hunt challenge. That boy is so skinny he doesn't have any spare calories for trudging along in the sand. When they first arrived at the waterfall I thought that Bobby was trying too hard to look like he was awed and excited. Then when they were revealing the quiz results I thought his relief was a bit over-the-top. I'll have to see if his poor (or great, maybe) acting holds up next week.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

This is my first time watching the mole so take it easy on me.

I’m leaning toward Alex being the mole. He was the first to go over the waterfall and his raft had a small green flag on it. Not the mole flag on the back, but a small green flag on the front right side (our right side) near the bottom. You can see it right before he goes over the falls. Also, I think the green fingerprint on Victoria’s helmet is a clue. Not that she’s the mole, but to keep an eye on Victoria. Alex seems to be standing or sitting behind Victoria in several shots (right before the waterfall, at the beach and at the execution tonight). Also, Alex and Victoria were on the same team during the pig challenge.

Examples of Alex’s moley behavior and his reference to Mole 1O1:

1. He has moles. LOL!
    2. Licking one finger and holding it up while on his way to the waterfall raft. “1”
    3. His position while finding the results of the waterfall. He was behind Liz (she got the money bag but no money) and Mark was on his right (our left-Mark won $10M-and Alex patted his back) and Clay was to his left (our right-Clay won $10M – and Alex made an okay sign with his hand). “O”
    4. Alex was the one to find the blow dryer on the beach. The blow dryer was in the rocks. The copper kettle was also in the rocks. This was so ironic. Earlier, we heard whining Nicole, Dr. Whiner, complaining about wanting a blow dryer and a curling iron. Too funny!
    5. Paul gave Alex his journal and asked him to write things in his book for him. Paul said he had a “photogenic” memory. Hee! Alex mentioned something about Mole “1” “O” “1.”
    6. Paul and Alex have formed a coalition.
    7. Alex’s team found the most pigs during the challenge, but when they returned he broke several pigs during the sling shot round before Craig stepped in and took over.
    8. Alex leaving his journal in Bobby’s room.
    9. One of the questions on the quiz is, “who is the mole.” The list is alphabetical except for Ali and Alex. Alex should come first. My last “1”
    10. Alex playing the guitar and singing the mole song tonight. LOL!
    11. Also, there is something about Alex’s ring. We got a close up shot of it during the execution tonight. I just can’t figure out what it is just yet.

I've been leaning towards Clay Cauley, the African-American criminal litigation attorney from Philly. He's been REALLY "under the radar" in these first few episodes, and that kind of rings my "Mole bell" a bit.

He's an attorney, and Kathryn was one--thus touching the "people won't expect the same thing twice" note.

Of course, if we follow that logic, we also have two models on this edition though (one admittedly a "Neuroscientist/Model/Equestrian"), and that's certainly the best "nobody's expecting it again" choice.

But the "he/she is too over the top to be considered (but it might all be a ruse)" award goes to the man with no traceable last name-- "Bobby O" (although the very obnoxious Paul Grassi might qualify too).

Back to "under the radar". I suppose the 2nd most UTR person, so far, is probably Victoria Garza, the retail manager. But Clay is a bit more.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

What about Craig? He failed at his waterfall jump, and in all honesty did anyone expect him to? He also brought the Mole sign on the scavenger hunt to the appraisers. I'm not positive, but isn't he the one that suggested Bobby get in the wheelbarrow? That would further slow them down as they were looking for the pigs. Just a few thoughts.

If Craig is the mole, he did an incredibly unmoley thing when they were launching pigs. The mole would have sat back and watched them smash pig after pig. Instead, he got involved and fixed the problem, directly leading to them making over 20k. Not Mole activity, for sure.

+ Reply to Thread