+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 154

Thread: Speculation Only

  1. #101
    FORT Fogey mbcrowder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Age
    46
    Posts
    853

    Re: Speculation Only

    OK ... the exemption card was dependent upon the room you chose. Everyone automatically assumed that one of the non-snipers had the exemption card. Isn't it possible that the exemption card was in the room that ended up having the sniper?

    I think it's fairly likely that Mark was given a plausible answer to the puzzle beforehand, thus ensuring that HE got the exemption, or at least that no one else had the shot at it. He also knew which room NOT to go in, so as to ensure that someone else got the exemption card.

  2. #102
    LG.
    LG. is offline
    FORT Writer LG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    frozen tundra
    Posts
    14,060

    Re: Speculation Only

    It was a rather confusing challenge, but they all theorhetically had a chance for the exemption at the beginning before they picked rooms. One of the 4 rooms had the exemption paper, and if someone got the exemption paper and didn't get shot by the sniper, then they got the exemption. Paul could have done this because he wasn't shot by the sniper, but he wasn't in the right room. The first player to solve the puzzle had the best odds because then they would 1.) automatically get the exemption if they had the right room, because they wouldn't shoot themself, and 2.) increased their odds of getting the exemption because they had the opportunity to shoot the other players and "take" their exemption (and keep money out the pot).

    I would have totally expected Mark to solve that word puzzle first because he's very sharp with logical puzzles and is a quick witted guy who doesn't seem to cave under time pressures.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

  3. #103
    FORT Fogey BubbleBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,569

    Re: Speculation Only

    Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3148034;
    It was a rather confusing challenge, but they all theorhetically had a chance for the exemption at the beginning before they picked rooms. One of the 4 rooms had the exemption paper, and if someone got the exemption paper and didn't get shot by the sniper, then they got the exemption. Paul could have done this because he wasn't shot by the sniper, but he wasn't in the right room. The first player to solve the puzzle had the best odds because then they would 1.) automatically get the exemption if they had the right room, because they wouldn't shoot themself, and 2.) increased their odds of getting the exemption because they had the opportunity to shoot the other players and "take" their exemption (and keep money out the pot).

    I would have totally expected Mark to solve that word puzzle first because he's very sharp with logical puzzles and is a quick witted guy who doesn't seem to cave under time pressures.
    Actually, I was watching the episode on YouTube and Jon specifically tells them that the first person out is the only one who can get the exemption. But the fact that the exemption could have been assigned is confusing, since it really could have been in Mark's room. Perhaps only the last three people (Craig, Nicole, Paul) were given cards that were either blank or said exemption?

    I think Craig is the Mole and he fully intended on just waiting for a bit until "figuring it out", but still being the first one out. Mark was out of that cell in less than a minute, I doubt Craig expected that. He probably thought if he waited 2-3 minutes, he could get the exemption without looking suspicious.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

  4. #104
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    14

    Re: Speculation Only

    I love Mark's line, "I do these every morning..." REALLY? I had never heard of these. If you say "I do Sodoku every morning" a bit more realistic, but comeon. Doublets??

    I'm still sticking to Craig is the mole, but my husband thinks otherwise. I've always had a hunch from the first episode it was Craig but have wavered a bit each week, leaning towards another contestant. Craig just has a calmness about him that worries me at this point in the game. You should WANT to make it to the finals, but he just kind of shrugs everything off. At this point, I just want to know.... Who IS the Mole!?!

  5. #105
    FORT Fanatic TellTaleOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    41
    Posts
    512

    Re: Speculation Only

    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny;3148186;
    I think Craig is the Mole and he fully intended on just waiting for a bit until "figuring it out", but still being the first one out. Mark was out of that cell in less than a minute, I doubt Craig expected that. He probably thought if he waited 2-3 minutes, he could get the exemption without looking suspicious.
    Actually I think it is in the mole's best interest not to figure the puzzle first. The only way to keep money from the pot is to make sure at least one person is hit with the paintball. The best chance of this happening is for the mole to be one of the targets and get hit.

  6. #106
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Speculation Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurelee;3148199;
    I love Mark's line, "I do these every morning..." REALLY? I had never heard of these. If you say "I do Sodoku every morning" a bit more realistic, but comeon. Doublets??
    I love puzzles and do these, too. Not every morning but they are in a lot of papers along with a crossword and Sudoku.

    I thought Nicole was the mole this morning. Now I think Craig. Anyone want to talk me into Mark? I can go there. I would make a lousy detective.

  7. #107
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Speculation Only

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3148264;
    I thought Nicole was the mole this morning. Now I think Craig. Anyone want to talk me into Mark? I can go there. I would make a lousy detective.
    Sorry, I'm still sticking with my Nicole-is-the-mole opinion. I will probably be wrong because I tend to be wrong about most things, but seriously, she is way too stupid to be a doctor. And she was so far off-base about her skills in laproscopy that she must have been lying.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  8. #108
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Speculation Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3149532;
    Sorry, I'm still sticking with my Nicole-is-the-mole opinion. I will probably be wrong because I tend to be wrong about most things, but seriously, she is way too stupid to be a doctor. And she was so far off-base about her skills in laproscopy that she must have been lying.
    I was thinking about that the other day. She either is dumbing herself down or she isn't a doctor in any way.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  9. #109
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: Speculation Only

    This is reality TV. Do you expect to see everyone's intelligence to be portrayed correctly? If she were so stupid, she would have been out early in this game. But she made the final 3! Whether she's a genuine contestant or the mole, I think that's an accomplishment (I say it's an accomplishment if she's the mole because she has fooled many people thus far and has gotten them executed because of it).

    And I'm not only saying that because I'm a Nicole fan and I want to defend her.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  10. #110
    FORT Newbie ShanSlam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    24

    Re: Speculation Only

    Here is a definite Mole clue...but I just can't figure out what it means...

    In the beginning minutes of ep8, they show the ESTRELLA (stars) tower and then a short time later (after Jon explains the "How's the View" mission) an obvious computer generated graphic using a "reflection" of the same tower image is shown. Here is a picture of it:



    Notice how the "S" has been copied and moved to cover most of the "R" creating a new word (ESTIS or STIS). The "carnival mirror" distortion on the glass pane does not appear on any other pane so that seems to be an intentional device used to create the new word.

    ESTIS is both a Latin and Esperanto word meaning "was" or "were" (which is also the past tense of "to be") The logic get's a little screwy, but you can make "to be" into 2 B which might point to Quiz question #2, answer B: During the intro of "How's the View" mission, where was the Mole standing from Jon's perspective (l to r)?

    Answer B is also #2 (which happens to be where Mark is standing.)

    Like I said, that "solution" is not very clean since you have to resort to using a "past plural" tense of the word to get it to work.

    Other possibilities that have been tossed around: The "E" is excluded because it is not as clear as the other letters so the word becomes STIs which is an acronym for "Sexually Transmitted Infection"s which would indicate Nicole's occupation as a doctor. However, this reasoning is really in bad taste and highly unlikely to be used by the producers as a clue.

    Another acronym suggested is School Teacher Is Saboteur. This seems to be stretching it as well.

    Finally, some have tried to turn it into another "doublet" puzzle:
    sits---mits---mats---mars---mark. The trouble with this is that you can make almost any word work so this isn't conclusive.

    Whatever the solution, this IS a critical clue in solving the Mole's identity. In Mole2, they created a similar computer generated image of Bill's zodiac sign in the stars above the cabin they were staying in to reveal his identity. Therefore, since the producers spent the money and effort to create this shot, there must be some intent behind it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.